15 Assisted Living Facilities near Waunakee, WI
Also serving communities of Lodi.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waunakee area, with 5 in Waunakee and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waunakee is $4,066 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Middleton with an average starting cost of $3,772.
To help you with your search, browse the 36 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waunakee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waunakee 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cross Plains with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waunakee, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Waunakee, WI
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Waunakee, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waunakee
Waunakee is a village in the north-central region of Wisconsin and is home to eight parks, all of which offer ADA-accessible restrooms, as well as other amenities like picnic tables, lighted and paved walking trails and gazebos. The village has over 12,000 residents, about 13% of whom are aged 65 and over.
In Waunakee, assisted living facilities may be categorized as community-based residential facilities, residential care apartment complexes or adult family homes, depending on the number of residents they accommodate. All types of facilities are licensed and monitored by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waunakee
- In Waunakee, retirees pay state income tax on income from private pensions and withdrawals from retirement savings accounts. However, Social Security benefits and disbursements from government pensions are not taxed at the state level, which may leave more money for assisted living services.
- Waunakee’s air quality is excellent, which may make the city a good option for assisted living for seniors with cardiovascular or respiratory conditions. The American Lung Association gave Dane County, where Waunakee is located, an A for ozone pollution, an A for short-term particle pollution and a passing grade for annual particle pollution.
- The Waunakee area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Madison.
- Summers in Waunakee are warm and wet, and winters are cold, dry and windy. Over the course of a year, temperatures in this city range between 12 degrees and 82 degrees, which may be well-suited to seniors who are sensitive to extreme heat.
- The Village of Waunakee provides transportation to the senior center, rides to local grocery stores and non-emergency medical transportation for local seniors at a low round-trip cost.
- Waunakee is a very safe village with a safety rating of 82 out of 100, indicating that the community is safer than 82% of U.S. cities of all sizes. Additionally, it has a lower crime rate than 68% of cities of all sizes across the state. Waunakee is one of the safest places of its size in the United States, making it a good option for independent seniors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waunakee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Waunakee start around $4,066 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waunakee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waunakee
Qualifying seniors in Waunakee may have some assisted living services covered through Wisconsin's Medicaid Elderly and Physically Disabled waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waunakee
Waunakee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waunakee, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waunakee
Waunakee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waunakee
Review of Sienna Crest Assisted Living - Waunakee
We are very happy with Sienna Crest. It's very homey, bright, and cheery when you go in. It has 20 residents. It's a very warm and caring group. My mother has her own bathroom, a mini fridge, a mic... Read more
Review of Waunakee Manor
Waunakee Manor Health Care Center is a community-based residential facility. My aunt has her own room and they come and tell her when it's time to go eat or when there are activities so she can par... Read more
Review of Homestead Living
I visited my sister in Homestead, it was wonderful, beautiful, clean, and well-kept. They have underground parking, washers and dryers on every floor, and a gorgeous community room. She prepares ou... Read more