16 Assisted Living Facilities near Waunakee, WI
Also serving communities of Lodi.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waunakee area, with 5 in Waunakee and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waunakee is $4,132 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Middleton with an average starting cost of $3,997.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waunakee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waunakee 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cross Plains with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waunakee, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Waunakee, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waunakee
"The Only Waunakee in the World," Waunakee is a village of nearly 14,000 residents located in Dane County, Wisconsin. Of this population, 13% are aged 65 and older, some of whom may need help with the activities of daily living offered at an assisted living residence.
There are five of these facilities available in Waunakee and 15 more in nearby communities, all of which as licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Public Health Services. These facilities may be one of the following: adult day car, adult family home, community-based residential facilities (CBRFs) or residential care apartment complexes (RCACs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waunakee
- Despite its small size, Waunakee has a variety of arts and cultural attractions and events for seniors to enjoy throughout the year. Some local favorites include, shopping at local antique malls, summer concerts in the park and the annual Imagination Celebration.
- Waunakee has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Madison.
- Low crime rates can be reassuring for seniors living on their own in an assisted living facility. Measured on a scale from one to 100, Waunakee scores 10.1 for violent crime and 16.9 for property-related offenses, lower than the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- While the cost of living in Wisconsin tends to fall below the U.S. national average of 100, Waunakee's overall cost of living is higher, at 124.8. Grocery and health costs are low, though a large fluctuation is seen in terms of housing costs, which could impact how seniors budget for assisted living services.
- Waunakee has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Waunakee Senior Center, an organization that provides advocacy, engaging programming, nutritious meals and transportation services for seniors in the community.
- While summers are warm, harsh winter conditions could be a deterrent for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. Roughly 43 inches of snow falls each year, and temperatures often drop as low as 11 degrees.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waunakee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Waunakee start around $4,132 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waunakee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waunakee
Wisconsin seniors are fortunate to have the option of applying for financial assistance to supplement the cost of assisted living services through both Medicaid waiver programs and state-funded programs. In addition to any coverage from Medicaid, seniors can apply for funding through Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments and the self-directed IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waunakee
Waunakee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waunakee, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waunakee
Waunakee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waunakee
Review of Waunakee Manor
We are living in Waunakee Manor. It has been very good. The room is very nice. The staff is very, very nice. The food is very good. Read more
Review of Sienna Crest Assisted Living - Waunakee
We are very happy with Sienna Crest. It's very homey, bright, and cheery when you go in. It has 20 residents. It's a very warm and caring group. My mother has her own bathroom, a mini fridge, a mic... Read more
Review of Waunakee Manor
Waunakee Manor Health Care Center is a community-based residential facility. My aunt has her own room and they come and tell her when it's time to go eat or when there are activities so she can par... Read more