5 Assisted Living Facilities near Stoughton, WI
Also serving communities of Evansville.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stoughton area, with 4 in Stoughton and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Stoughton is $4,125 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stoughton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stoughton 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cambridge with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stoughton, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Stoughton, WI
1 Assisted Living Facility near Stoughton, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stoughton
People from Stoughton claim that the coffee break originated in the city, and each year they celebrate it with the Coffee Break Festival. This city of coffee lovers has a population of around 13,000 people, and almost 16 percent of them are aged 65 and over.
Stoughton's assisted living facilities are regulated by Wisconsin's Bureau of Assisted Living, and offer services to seniors who need assistance with activities of daily living. The city is home to four assisted living communities, and seniors will find another 19 in nearby communities, including Monona, Fitchburg and Madison.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stoughton
- Seniors in Stoughton can visit a number of cultural events each year, including the Syttende Mai Festival, a celebration of the city's Norwegian heritage. At other times of the year, assisted living facilities may organize visits to local arts attractions, including the Stoughton Opera House and the Stoughton Center for the Arts.
- The American Lung Association gives Dane County's air quality, which includes Stoughton, a B grade. The clean air can be helpful for seniors with respiratory problems.
- The Stoughton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Stoughton Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who receive income from government pensions or social security will keep more money in their wallet, as these incomes are not taxed in Wisconsin. Additionally, sales tax in the state is very low. However, earnings from retirement funds and private pensions are subject to income tax, which can affect some seniors.
- The crime rate in Stoughton is in the same range as the national average for all communities in the U.S.A., but noticeably lower than in cities of a similar size, making it a safe place to live. Property crime occurs at a rate of 11.95 per 1,000 students, compared to the Wisconsin average of 19.33. Additionally, the violent crime rate is 1.95, lower than the state average of 3.06.
- Seniors with health conditions that worsen in extreme temperatures will find Stoughton's cold winters challenging. Stoughton receives around 36 inches of snow each year, 10 inches more than the national average, and the average low in January is 10 degrees. The city has mild summers, with a July average of 82 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stoughton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Stoughton start around $4,125 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stoughton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stoughton
Wisconsin's Family Care program offers financial assistance to eligible seniors throughout the state. The program is appropriate for adults who require long-term care and offers help to them where they live, which can include residential care facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stoughton
Stoughton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stoughton, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stoughton
Stoughton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stoughton
Review of Stoughton Meadows
Stoughton Meadows has dedicated staff that really care about the residents like family. Many of the residents and employees are from the Stoughton area. My Mother is a resident there and consider... Read more
Review of Stoughton Meadows
I was quite impressed with everything I saw at Harmony of Stoughton. It was nice and clean, and it smelled clean. The residents all looked well cared for. The people that were sitting outside seeme... Read more
Review of Azura Memory Care of Stoughton
I thought Harbor House was great although a little expensive -- little bit higher than what we could have swung. The staff was great, they seemed very friendly, and I liked them. They had a board w... Read more