12 Assisted Living Facilities near Jefferson, WI
Also serving communities of Johnson Creek.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jefferson area, with 3 in Jefferson and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jefferson is $4,221 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Fort Atkinson with an average starting cost of $3,586.
To help you with your search, browse the 23 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jefferson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jefferson 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lake Mills with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jefferson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Jefferson, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jefferson
Jefferson is a small community located in Wisconsin that is known for its historic Main Street, which showcases unique architecture originally built by German craftsmen. The city has about 8,000 residents and a large senior community that makes up about 17% of the population.
There are two assisted living facilities in Jefferson for seniors who need assistance with their activities of daily living. Those who are looking for more options can find an additional nine facilities nearby. They are categorized as adult family homes, community-based residential facilities or residential care apartment complexes, depending on the accommodations each one provides. Every type is licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jefferson
- Transportation for seniors residing in Jefferson is provided through the city's shared-ride service. This service goes anywhere within the city limits and operates seven days a week. Wheelchair-accessible vans are available at no additional cost.
- Seniors in Jefferson do not pay state income tax on Social Security benefits or income from government pensions. All other types of retirement income are fully taxable, which may affect some seniors' assisted living budgets.
- According to the American Lung Association, ozone pollution levels in the Jefferson area are moderate, and the major metropolitan area that Jefferson is in ranks 31 out of 228 regions for ozone pollution. Seniors with conditions like COPD may want to stay indoors on high ozone days.
- The Jefferson area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fort Atkinson.
- Compared to the state, which has a cost of living index of 97.8, and the nation, which has a cost of living index of 100, Jefferson's cost of living index is 91.7, making it a fairly budget-friendly place to live. Healthcare and housing are particularly affordable here, which may appeal to seniors seeking out affordable assisted living.
- Jefferson ranks among the hottest cities in Wisconsin, with summer highs averaging around 83 degrees. The coldest month of the year is January, when temperatures drop well below freezing nearly every day with an average low of 10 degrees. Seniors who are sensitive to extreme weather may want to find an assisted living facility with individual climate control.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jefferson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Jefferson start around $4,221 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jefferson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jefferson
Seniors who reside in Jefferson and meet income and asset restrictions may have assisted living services covered by the state's Medicaid Elderly and Physically Disabled waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jefferson
Jefferson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jefferson, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jefferson
Jefferson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jefferson
Review of Sunset Ridge Jefferson
We chose Sunset Ridge Jefferson for my mom. They did a very nice job. She felt welcome, she was acclimated quickly to the routine and met lots of people there. They had lots of activities. She felt... Read more
Review of Sylvan Crossings of Jefferson
Sylvan Crossings Of Jefferson has wonderful, caring, friendly staff who are dedicated to makes their residents stay with them feel like they are home. Read more
Review of Sylvan Crossings of Jefferson
Sylvan Crossings is excellent. Staff are very caring/compassionate and many have been there for a number of years(unlike other places where staff come and go quite often). That says something. The ... Read more