79 Assisted Living Facilities near Watertown, WI
There are 79 Assisted Living Facilities in the Watertown area, with 4 in Watertown and 75 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Watertown is $4,991 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Lake Mills with an average starting cost of $3,975.
To help you with your search, browse the 209 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Watertown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Watertown 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jefferson with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Watertown, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Watertown, WI
75 Assisted Living Facilities near Watertown, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Watertown
Located halfway between Madison and Milwaukee, Watertown, Wisconsin, offers residents a mix of small-town living, outdoor adventure and modern amenities. The city is home to over 23,000 residents, 15.5 percent of whom are aged 65 and older and may require assistance with daily living tasks.
In Watertown, and across Wisconsin, community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), residential care apartment complexes (RCACs), adult family homes and adult day care are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. A total of 50 assisted living facilities are available in and around Watertown to serve its senior population.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Watertown
- For seniors looking for an affordable living option, Watertown may be a good option. Compared to the U.S. national average of 100, the overall cost of living in Watertown is 90.3, which is also lower than the state average of 97.8.
- Like much of Wisconsin, residents in Watertown are subject to very harsh winter conditions. Temperatures can drop below 10 degrees, and the area expects to see around 34 inches of snow on an annual basis. In terms of overall year-round comfort, the area receives an index score of just 38 out of a possible 100.
- Crime in Watertown is quite low compared to national averages. On a scale out of 100, with 100 considered high crime, Watertown is rated 17.5 for violent crime and 26.1 for property crime, lower than the ratings of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories nationally.
- The Watertown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Watertown Regional Medical Center and Prairie Lakes Healthcare System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The city is served by Watertown Area Transit, which offers curb-to-curb transportation services for residents within city limits. Through its partnership with Prairie Lakes Hospital, trips to medical appointments in the immediate area are free for seniors.
- Conveniently situated between Madison and Milwaukee, residents of Watertown, seniors in Watertown can enjoy a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment opportunities, such as the Dane County Farmers’ Market or a performance at the Overture Center for the Arts in Madison, or enjoying the historical buildings and museums Milwaukee has to offer. Some assisted living facilities offer day trips to let residents experience these attractions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Watertown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Watertown start around $4,991 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Watertown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Watertown
Wisconsin is one of only six states to offer non-Medicaid state-funded programs in addition to Medicaid waiver programs to help seniors finance the high costs associated with assisted living services. These state-funded programs include the Community Option Program and Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Watertown
Watertown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Watertown, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Watertown
Watertown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Watertown
Review of Heritage Homes
The room at Heritage Homes compared to the one my parents are in at their current facility was not even close. It was more expensive and the room was the size of a big bathroom, that would've been ... Read more
Review of Heritage Homes
I love the staff at Heritage Homes. They are the nicest. I would have felt so comfortable with my grandmother being there. The only problem is that the apartments are really tiny, so she would have... Read more
Review of Heritage Homes
My husband was at Heritage Homes in the memory unit. They had excellent activities to keep them active and busy all of the time. They try to keep them out of their rooms as much as possible and in ... Read more