11 Assisted Living Facilities near Oconomowoc, WI
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oconomowoc area, with 5 in Oconomowoc and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Oconomowoc is $3,865 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 22 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oconomowoc. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oconomowoc 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Watertown with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oconomowoc, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Oconomowoc, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oconomowoc
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin is a historical city that was once home to the Potowatomi and Winnebago tribes. Seniors that enjoy the great outdoors can take advantage of the many walking trails, fishing spots and swimming options at some of the 47 parks and recreational facilities that span 337 miles of land within the city limits. There are five assisted living facilities in Oconomowoc with another 21 in nearby locations such as Waukesha, Pewaukee and Watertown. All facilities in Wisconsin are regulated by the Department of Health and there are three types of assisted living facilities available, including Adult Family Home, Community Based Residential Facility and Residential Care Apartment Complex.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oconomowoc
- The cost of living in Oconomowoc is slightly higher than the national average at 109 (with the U.S. at 100). Housing costs are 29 percent higher and utility costs are 7 percent higher in the Wisconsin city than in the rest of the country. This high cost could affect assisted living facility prices, however, groceries cost less in Oconomowoc, which might benefit seniors living on a budget.
- Oconomowoc has good air quality, which is a boon for residents with respiratory illnesses. On a scale of 1 as the worst and 100 as the best, Oconomowoc has an air quality rating of 78. Not only is the air good for breathing, but there is a lower risk of getting sick from air pollution.
- The city of Oconomowoc is a very safe place to live. This is particularly beneficial to seniors that face a higher risk of crime. With a crime index rating of 71, with 100 being the safest, Oconomowoc is a place where residents can feel safe on the streets. The chances of being a victim of violent crime is only 1 in 1501.
- Seniors that enjoy cultural events or fun festivals will find plenty in Oconomowoc. The Oconomowoc Arts Center has films, cabaret and comedy all year long. There are many festivals throughout the year, including art fairs, street dances, farmer’s markets and summer concerts.
- Oconomowoc does see a lot of snow in winter with an average of 41 inches per year. This could be dangerous for seniors that enjoy walking or require emergency transportation on snow covered roads. Winter temperatures drop to an average of 11 degrees, which can cause hypothermia in older adults.
- The Oconomowoc area is home to one hospital, ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oconomowoc
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Oconomowoc start around $3,865 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oconomowoc and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oconomowoc
Eligible seniors can apply for PACE to help offset some of the costs associated with assisted living facilities in Oconomowoc.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oconomowoc
Oconomowoc and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oconomowoc, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oconomowoc
Oconomowoc-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oconomowoc
Review of AngelsGrace Hospice
The rooms are comfortable and welcoming. The staff are so helpful, caring and attentive. I think that the staff did an amazing job in explaining the care they were providing, comforting not only ... Read more
Review of Shorehaven Tower
Shorehaven Tower was not as nice as where my mother is at. The rooms were a little smaller and not as nice. The person that assisted me was very nice. We walked through the dining area and it looke... Read more
Review of Wilkinson Woods
Both my parents moved to Wilkinson Woods in 2011. It was hard to move them from their own home but everyone there welcomed them with a warm heart and open arms. In no time my parents felt at home... Read more