67 Assisted Living Facilities near Pewaukee, WI
Also serving communities of Sussex.
There are 67 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pewaukee area, with 8 in Pewaukee and 59 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 271 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pewaukee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pewaukee 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Elm Grove with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pewaukee, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pewaukee, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pewaukee
Growing by a healthy 56 percent, Pewaukee, Wisconsin, sits in Waukesha County in the southeast corner of the state. The city has about 4,524 seniors out of a total population of 14,138. For those in this group that need care at an assisted living facility (ALF), Pewaukee hosts 61 communities, nine of which are within the city. These facilities support senior residents through personal care, health care, housekeeping, medication administration and additional services. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Bureau of Assisted Living, Division of Quality Assurance oversees the ALFs in Pewaukee and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pewaukee
- With a cost of living 15.2 percent higher than average, Pewaukee seniors might need to make sure expenses fit within the more limited budget elderly individuals typically have. Housing makes the biggest dent, falling 49 percent higher than average, but health expenses are 14 percent higher, as well. A bright spot is the lower miscellaneous costs, which means it’s not as expensive for seniors to engage in activities like dining or entertainment.
- Seniors are sometimes less capable of protecting themselves physically or cognitively, so living in a safer area is important. In Pewaukee, the risk of safety issues for seniors and the general public is slightly lower than average. Violent crime ranks 27.4 out of 100 (100 being the worst), while property crime is 27.9.
- Seniors and their families who make Pewaukee their home can enjoy activities and amenities such as bike trails and parks, community classes, fitness and hiking, "Brains and Balance" programs, a public beach, a library and a dozen churches.
- With 40 inches of snow each year and temperatures dropping to the low teens, Pewaukee is similar to other cities in the state and winters can be challenging for seniors. While the overall Sperling’s Comfort Index is lower than the national average (41 versus 54), it’s typical for the region.
- Seniors might find relief from respiratory conditions if they choose to make Pewaukee, Wisconsin their home. Air quality ranks 77 out of 100 (100 being the best) compared to the national average of 58.
- Pewaukee, Wisconsin, is home to world-class medical facilities, including LifeCare Hospitals of Wisconsin and Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pewaukee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Pewaukee start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pewaukee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pewaukee
A small amount of financial help for ALF services is available to Pewaukee seniors through the state’s SSI Exceptional Expense Supplement (SSI-E).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pewaukee
Pewaukee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pewaukee, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pewaukee
Pewaukee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pewaukee
Review of Cecelia Place
I have an old neighbor of mine who lives here at Cecelia Place. I can't say enough about the facility! I've read some of the other reviews here, and I must say we've experienced the exact opposite... Read more
Review of Legacy Assisted Living
Legacy was beautiful and very private. It was very quiet and there was not a lot of activity. The dining room was really nice. I liked the fact that they have a room that you can reserve and eat in... Read more
Review of Cecelia Place
Dad currently lives in Cecelia Place, and he's there for the last 4 years. They have a large cafeteria area, with a lot of socializing going on, and he has large, full apartment. They have arts and... Read more