66 Assisted Living Facilities near Pewaukee, WI
Also serving communities of Sussex.
There are 66 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pewaukee area, with 8 in Pewaukee and 58 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 249 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pewaukee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pewaukee 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Elm Grove with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pewaukee, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Pewaukee, WI
58 Assisted Living Facilities near Pewaukee, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pewaukee
The City of Pewaukee sits on Lake Pewaukee and surrounds the incorporated Village of Pewaukee. This small city has a large senior population - almost 18 percent of the city's 14,500 residents are 65 years of age or older. There's plenty of choice for seniors settling in the area; Pewaukee has nine assisted living facilities, with another 52 in surrounding communities including Sussex, Brookfield and Waukesha.
The Bureau of Assisted Living oversees assisted living facilities throughout Wisconsin, including Pewaukee. The Bureau licenses four types of assisted living services for seniors who need some help with daily activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pewaukee
- The American Lung Association gives the air quality in Waukesha County, including Pewaukee, an overall passing grade. The county has very good levels of particle pollution, but higher levels of ozone pollution. The good air quality in Pewaukee can be beneficial to seniors who have respiratory challenges.
- Seniors looking for a safe place to retire will appreciate Pewaukee. The city has a low crime rate and is safer than 70 percent of U.S. cities. Violent crime occurs at a rate of less than one per 1,000 residents, and the property crime rate is less than half of the Wisconsin average.
- Social Security retirement income and government pensions are not subject to income tax, which can leave more money available in assisted living budgets. However, seniors relying on private pensions or retirement funds will have to pay income tax. All residents of Pewaukee will benefit from the state's low sales tax rates.
- The cost of living in Pewaukee is around 15 percent higher than the national average. The biggest factor in this high cost is housing, but seniors will still find that health care costs, in particular, are higher than in other parts of the state. Groceries are somewhat less expensive than the U.S. average.
- The City of Pewaukee has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Brookfield.
- Seniors who don't care for hot weather will enjoy Pewaukee's mild summers, where July high averages are just 82 degrees. Winters can be very cold with January lows dipping to around 12 degrees, and the city gets 40 inches of snow a year, making it difficult for retirees to enjoy the outdoors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pewaukee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Pewaukee start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pewaukee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pewaukee
Seniors in Pewaukee who require financial assistance may be eligible for the Family Care program, which helps adults who need long-term care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pewaukee
Pewaukee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pewaukee, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pewaukee
Pewaukee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pewaukee
Review of Cecelia Place
I have an old neighbor of mine who lives here at Cecelia Place. I can't say enough about the facility! I've read some of the other reviews here, and I must say we've experienced the exact opposite... Read more
Review of Legacy Assisted Living
Legacy was beautiful and very private. It was very quiet and there was not a lot of activity. The dining room was really nice. I liked the fact that they have a room that you can reserve and eat in... Read more
Review of Cecelia Place
Dad currently lives in Cecelia Place, and he's there for the last 4 years. They have a large cafeteria area, with a lot of socializing going on, and he has large, full apartment. They have arts and... Read more