6 Assisted Living Facilities near Hartford, WI
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hartford area, with 4 in Hartford and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hartford is $4,215 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 29 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hartford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hartford 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Slinger with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hartford, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hartford, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hartford
Hartford is a small city of around 15,000 people, of which almost 15 percent are 65 years of age or over. The Rubicon River runs through the center of the city, and there are many parks where seniors can sit and enjoy the views.
There are three assisted living facilities in Hartford for seniors looking to settle in the area. An additional nine can be found in communities nearby, including Slinger, West Bend and Jackson. All provide care to seniors looking for long-term care and are licensed by Wisconsin's Bureau of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hartford
- The Hartford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Aurora Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors have a wide range of arts and culture to experience in Hartford. Some assisted living facilities may organize trips to the city's attractions, including the Wisconsin Automotive Museum or the art gallery at the Schauer Arts Center. The Schauer Arts Center in downtown Hartford also has a theater which stages performances throughout the year and hosts community art groups and art classes.
- Hartford's crime rate of 20 per 1,000 residents is higher than 76 percent of Wisconsin's towns and cities. Although the violent crime rate is less than one per 1,000 residents, the property crime rate is 19.45 per 1,000 residents, which is on par with the state average.
- The Hartford City Taxi Service provides transport to residents of Hartford. It is a shared ride taxi service and all vehicles are wheelchair accessible. Seniors over the age of 60 are eligible for a Taxi Discount card.
- Hartford receives 40 inches of snow each year, which can keep seniors inside during the winter months. The average low in January is only 10 degrees, which can be challenging for people with health issues exacerbated by extreme low temperatures. However, summers are mild with July highs averaging 81 degrees.
- Hartford's cost of living is nearly equal to the national average. Although the cost of groceries and transport is on par with the rest of the U.S., the price of health care is around 14 percent higher, making it an expensive addition to a senior's budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hartford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Hartford start around $4,215 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hartford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hartford
Seniors in Hartford may be eligible for assistance through the Family Care program. This Medicaid program is designed for people who need long-term care and provides help where they live, including residential care facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hartford
Hartford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hartford, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hartford
Hartford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hartford
Review of The Waterford at Hartford
The Waterford at Hartford looks very nice, it looks like it's a new one. Carla showed me around where they have assisted living. She was very pleasant. I'd seen a group of men that were playing car... Read more
Review of The Gardens of Hartford
I am a resident at The Gardens of Hartford. I can t be any happier. The manager has an open door policy along with excellent communication skills which enable her to so!ve any prob!ems that might ... Read more
Review of The Waterford at Hartford
Even though my mother does not participate. I’m very happy with the availability of things available to her. The extra patience during this pandemic is very appreciated. This is a wonderful place... Read more