14 Assisted Living Facilities near Jackson, WI
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jackson area, with 2 in Jackson and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jackson is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 47 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jackson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jackson 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Slinger with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jackson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Jackson, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jackson
Jackson is a small town located 30 miles northwest of Milwaukee and about 20 miles west of Lake Michigan. Approximately 12 percent of the 6,753 people living there are age 65 and older. To accommodate those seniors who need help with activities of daily living, 14 communities are in Jackson or the surrounding communities. Regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, these assisted living facilities provide a number of services, including housing, medication administration, meals and housekeeping.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jackson
- Seniors on a budget may have difficulty making ends meet due to the increased cost of living in Jackson. Based on the national average of 100, this town's cost of living index is 110, which is also higher than the state average of 97.8.
- Crime is rated on a scale from 1 to 100 with 1 being the safest. Jackson's violent crime rate is 16.9, which is less than the national average of 22.7. The property crime rate is 22.1, more than 13 points lower than the national average of 35.4. This may make the town feel safer for some seniors who enjoy running errands on their own.
- Jackson endures harsh winters, which might be uncomfortable for seniors who are sensitive to cold weather. The average January low temperature is near 10 degrees, and summer highs climb to the low 80s in July.
- The Jackson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Froedtert Jackson Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Jackson has an array of community resources for seniors, including one senior center and the Aging and Disability Resource Center, which helps seniors locate available services.
- The Jackson County minibus provides transportation to and from medical appointments and for other errands. This service is available at discounted fares for individuals 60 and older or disabled. Rides may be scheduled in advance.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jackson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Jackson start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jackson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jackson
In Jackson and throughout Wisconsin, the Medicaid State Plan includes three separate programs that help seniors pay for assisted living. The Medicaid Managed Care waiver covers primary and acute care, while the Family Care Waiver is a long-term program that helps disabled seniors foster independence.
The state has limits on how much a community may charge for room and board. Family supplementation is permitted for those who need additional funding.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jackson
Jackson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jackson, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jackson
Jackson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jackson
Review of Jackson Crossings
My father moved into Jackson Crossings in May. The nurse, the manager, and the caregivers are all nice. They don't have CNAs, but it's much better than a nursing home. They have good singing groups... Read more
Review of Jackson Crossings
There is amazing staff. .Jackie has given us great comfort for my mother has become a resident. ..it was very hard to make that decision. caregivers like Angela and Kelly have given my family a lot... Read more
Review of Jackson Crossings
Jackson Crossings was kind of a dismal place. I didn't particularly care for it right from the start. I just didn't like it. It was dark and didn't appeal to me. It was lakeside, but it was very da... Read more