9 Assisted Living Facilities near West Bend, WI
Also serving communities of Kewaskum, Campbellsport.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Bend area, with 5 in West Bend and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Bend is $3,633 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 29 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Bend. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Bend 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Slinger with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Bend, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in West Bend, WI
4 Assisted Living Facilities near West Bend, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Bend
West Bend is a picturesque city tucked into the southern hills of the Kettle Moraine State Forest. Just 41 minutes from Milwaukee, West Bend has a good-sized senior population, with 16 percent of residents over 65 years of age. Seniors in need of daily living assistance can find four assisted living facilities (ALFs) in West Bend, all of which are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services. The Department defines ALFs as Community Based Residential Facilities (CBRFs) that provide room and board to five or more residents that do not require care above an intermediate nursing level.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Bend
- Seniors on a budget can save money by living in West Bend, as the cost of living is 2.8 percent lower than the national median. Grocery and housing costs are below the U.S. average, and health care is slightly above.
- Wisconsin is considered a retirement tax-friendly state in that it does not tax social security benefits, even at the federal level. Income from government pensions is also not taxed. This leaves seniors more money for assisted living costs.
- West Bend enjoys warm summers, with average highs in July of 81 degrees. Winters are quite cold, with lows in January dropping at times to 12 degrees. The city averages 45 inches of snow per year, well above the U.S. average of 26 inches. This may be a concern for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities.
- The area of West Bend is safer than 27 percent of U.S. cities. The city gets a score of 28.1 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high crime. This is better than the U.S. average of 31.1.
- Seniors may not have a lot of options for public transportation in West Bend. There is a shared ride taxi service that provides public transport throughout Washington County, and the Washington County Commuter Express bus that provides service to and from Milwaukee. BrightStar Care offers transportation to seniors with trained caregivers to help them get to doctor’s appointments, social visits and grocery shopping.
- The West Bend area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with only one hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, in the immediate vicinity.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Bend
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in West Bend start around $3,633 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Bend and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Bend
Seniors looking for financial assistance for assisted living in West Bend can apply through Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services’ Family Care program which helps provide services for seniors in group living homes up to 20 beds. For seniors in large facilities, PACE helps offset some of the costs associated with assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Bend
West Bend and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Bend, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Bend
West Bend-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in West Bend, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Bend
Review of New Perspective - West Bend
I was impressed and at ease the moment I stepped through the front door for my initial tour. I felt as though my mother was already a resident. My initial tour was w/o mom as I have many questions... Read more
Review of The Waterford at West Bend
The Waterford at West Bend seemed very pleasant, light, and bright. They had lots of activities for people to do. I liked the space of each apartment. The staff seemed pleasant. For amenities, they... Read more
Review of Ivy Manor of West Bend
Ivy Manor of West Bend was fairly new, nice, light, and bright. However, the rooms were a little small. They did not have a bedroom separate from the main room. The staff members seemed pleasant. T... Read more