9 Assisted Living Facilities near Slinger, WI
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Slinger area, with 2 in Slinger and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 38 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Slinger. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Slinger 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mequon with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Slinger, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Slinger, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Slinger
Slinger is a small village in the south-east of Wisconsin. Home to around 5,400 people, almost 13 percent of the population is aged 65 or over. Seniors in the Slinger community who are looking for some assistance with the activities of daily living can choose from two facilities in the village and another 15 in nearby communities like Hartford, West Bend and Jackson.
Assisted living facilities in Slinger are regulated by Wisconsin's Bureau of Assisted Living. The state licenses and registers four types of assisted living that includes day care and residential options.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Slinger
- Slinger's cold temperatures can be challenging for seniors affected by extreme temperatures. In January the average low is just 10 degrees Fahrenheit, and the village averages 42 inches of snow each year. Summers are mild, with July highs averaging 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The cost of living in Slinger is almost 8 percent higher than the U.S. average. Despite this, seniors will find groceries slightly cheaper than national averages, however, health care costs are around 14 percent higher.
- Slinger has a low crime rate which is reassuring for seniors looking for a safe place to retire. The violent crime rate is only 0.19 per 1,000 residents, significantly less than Wisconsin's rate of 3.06. Property crime is also lower than the state average of 19.33, sitting at 13.43 per 1,000 people.
- Seniors receiving Social Security retirement income or government pension will not pay income tax on that income, leaving more money in their budget. However, income from retirement funds and private pensions are subject to income tax. All seniors benefit from Wisconsin's low sales tax.
- Slinger is serviced by the Washington County Commuter Express. Seniors can use the Shared Ride Taxi Service for door-to-door transport to medical and other appointments, and they receive a discount on fares.
- The Village of Slinger has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in West Bend.
Paying for Assisted Living in Slinger
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Slinger start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Slinger and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Slinger
Seniors in assisted living in Slinger may be eligible for Family Care, which provides financial assistance to adults who require long-term care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Slinger
Slinger and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Slinger, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Slinger
Slinger-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Slinger
Review of Serenity Villa Assisted Living
My dad moved into Serenity Village Assisted Living, and our experience so far has been fine. The staff seems to work well with him, and the services and care is fine. There are 4 buildings there an... Read more
Review of Serenity Villa Assisted Living
Serenity Villa was very nice; I have a friend whose mother is there. The only thing he has against it is that they don't have enough activities for the people. The apartments were very nice. We had... Read more
Review of Autumn Oaks LLC
Autumn Oaks is a nice but older facility . We liked the larger, wider hallways with more windows and more personal space for people. We had a very nice tour. The rooms were smaller and we were look... Read more