Watertown is a historic city in Wisconsin that many seniors call home: People aged 65 years and older make up 17% of the city’s 23,479 residents. The city is notable for the presence of Watertown Regional Medical Center. That facility has a unit dedicated to senior mental health as well as a rehabilitation and therapy program. Among other services, Watertown Regional Medical Center also covers eye, heart, cancer and neurological care.

According to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey, the average Watertown senior pays $8,790 a month for a semiprivate room in a nursing home. That is higher than the national average of $7,756. While nursing homes tend to be costly, they also deliver extensive services, including around-the-clock monitoring and ample access to therapists, licensed nurses and visiting doctors, among other professionals. If a senior’s capabilities allow them to function with less attention, home health care or assisted living may be lower-cost options to consider.

This guide takes a deep dive into the cost of various senior care options, including nursing homes, before concluding with a list of Watertown-area resources for elders.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Watertown, WI

Golden Livingcenter – Watertown

121 Hospital Dr, Watertown, WI, 53098

This place might have been decent in it’s older days but now they are awful! They can’t keep decent help and the help they have is pathetic. The aids are mean and ignore the patients requests for as … (read more)

Marquardt Mem Mnr

1020 HILL ST, Watertown, WI, 53098

The Arbors at Oak Park Place

718 Jupiter Drive, Madison, WI, 53718

My father is in rehab right now at Oak Park Place. The social worker up at UW told me about it. The staff is very helpful. The food is good. They have bingo, ice cream socials, and different singing g … (read more)

Shorehaven Hlth & Rehab Ctr

1305 W Wisconsin, Oconomowoc, WI, 53066

Shorehaven was a very lovely, and the surroundings were exquisite. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms were lovely, and they had activities for every interest and every level … (read more)

Sun Prairie Retirement Center

228 W Main St, Sun Prairie, WI, 53590

Sun Prairie Retirement Center is located in the center of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, close to U.S. Highway 151. The Sun Prairie Historical Museum, a church and Angell Park and Speedway are within a short … (read more)

Lake Country Health and Rehab Center

2195 North Summit Village Way, Oconomowoc, WI, 53066

Staff was friendly and professional. Rooms cleaned several times a week. Food was very nutritious and portions appropriate. Nurses were friendly and professional and answered all questions I had. … (read more)

Beaver Dam Community Hospitals Hillside Manor

803 S University Ave, Beaver Dam, WI, 53916

After spine surgery I went to Hillside Manor to recuperate. The aids, nurses and other staff there were just wonderful. I especially liked my physical therapists. We had a lot of fun together! The … (read more)

Crossroads Care Center of Mayville

305 S Clark Street, Mayville, WI, 53050

I went to Crossroads Care Center, and I thought it looked really nice. It looked updated with big rooms and big bathrooms. The staff was really nice and tried to help us the best they could. The dinin … (read more)

LindenGrove Communities in Waukesha

425 N UNIVERSITY DR, Waukesha, WI, 53188

Lindengrove Waukesha is an assisted living and nursing home facility in Waukesha, Wisconsin, located within walking distance of Lowell Park just a few miles from Waukesha Memorial Hospital. Residents … (read more)

Fairhaven Senior Living

435 W STARIN RD, Whitewater, WI, 53190

Willows Nursing and Rehab

41 Rickle Rd, Sun Prairie, WI, 53590

Willows Nursing & Rehab Center was fine. I didn’t see any problem. They took care of my mother all right. I had no negative comments against them. The staff was very good. The food was all right. … (read more)

CROSSROADS OF PEWAUKEE

N26W23977 Watertown Rd, Waukesha, WI, 53188

Heartland Health Care Center-Pewaukee is an assisted living facility in Waukesha, Wisconsin. It’s located on Watertown Road close to I-94, a short drive from the Pewaukee River Parkway. Residents’ f … (read more)

Menomonee Falls Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

West 180 North 8071 Town Hall Road, Menomonee Falls, WI, 53051

My brother had rehab at Lindengrove Menomonee Falls. If you had to go to the bathroom, it takes 15 or 20 minutes. One time it was half hour. The administrator changed and we were seeing that because t … (read more)

Columbus Health and Rehab

825 WESTERN AVE, Columbus, WI, 53925

I chose Columbus Nur Rehab Center and I’m being moved there. My husband was there after his surgery, and I just feel comfortable there. Our experience was fine, they helped him a lot, and if we pushed … (read more)

Oakwood Village East Health and Rehab Center

5565 Tanco Drive, Madison, WI, 53718

I rehabbed at this facility after a fall which broke five ribs. I want to preface this by saying that I was in the rehab area not the assisted living facility. I am a 77 year old male. My care was exc … (read more)

Care Age of Brookfield

1755 N BARKER RD, Brookfield, WI, 53045

I was at this facility for one week and this is my review. The room I was in was extremely small and difficult to get around in a wheel chair. There were ants in the bathroom, the bathroom was never … (read more)

Crossroads Care Center Of Sun Prairie Llc

41 Rickel Road, Sun Prairie, WI, 53590

First of all this website is extremely misleading. The facility is nothing like–is not pretty at all. This makes it looks like some nice luxurious hotel and its far from that no air conditioning in t … (read more)

Willowbrook Nursing and Rehab

901 Mulberry St, Lake Mills, WI, 53551

Upon entering the facility, the staff seemed like they were friendly and willing to help. I was taking a tour of the facility, which meant following one of the RNs up and down the hallways, as she gav … (read more)

Karmenta Center

4502 Milwaukee St, Madison, WI, 53714

I was there from April to September was under staffed and treated poorly by most all. I found a new place to go with no help from the soc worker n the medical records lady was the worst putting her ha … (read more)

Pavilion at Glacier Valley

1900 American Eagle Drive, Slinger, WI, 53086

If you care about your loved ones do NOT send them here. The treatment my grandpa received while he was in rehab for six weeks were absolutely HORRIBLE and unethical. My grandma tried to voice her con … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Watertown, WI

In Watertown, a semiprivate room in a nursing home costs an average of $8,790 per month. A private room’s average price is $9,429.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

In terms of monthly average costs for semiprivate nursing home accommodations, Watertown is over $1,000 more expensive than the national average, though it is only $106 costlier than the Wisconsin average.

As for other Wisconsin cities, Watertown is pricier than Fond du Lac, which has an average rate of $7,902 per month. However, the story is different regarding Watertown versus Janesville, which is more expensive at $9,612. Likewise, Racine and Milwaukee are also costlier than Watertown. Racine’s median rate is $9,277, and Milwaukee’s is $9,429.

$8790

Milwaukee

$7902

Fond du Lac

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Cost comparisons between various senior care arrangements can also assist with long-term planning decisions. In Watertown, by monthly average, the most expensive option is a private room in a nursing home at $9,429, followed by a semiprivate room at $8,790. Home care and home health care have an identical average of $5,339 per month. Assisted living typically costs around $4,956, and the median monthly figure for adult day health care is $2,019.

$5339

Adult day health care

$4956

Assisted living

$8790

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$9429

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Watertown was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Madison, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Watertown, WI

Free Resources for Seniors in Watertown, WI

Watertown’s older residents can turn to the following resources for support. Some make it possible to continue living in one’s home in a safe, dignified manner, thus delaying or preventing the need to move to a different setting. But when such a transition is necessary, other services are available to make the life change more manageable.

ResourceContact Service
Jefferson County Aging & Disability Resource Center(920) 674-8734
The Jefferson County ADRC is a unified information source as well as a service provider. They conduct consultations regarding admissions to nursing homes and other senior care facilities. For homebound adults 60 years of age and older, the ADRC provides home-delivered meals. An eligibility assessment is required. Other ADRC services include options counseling and transportation. Note: The bulk of Watertown is in Jefferson County, but a portion is in Dodge County, which has its own ADRC.
Wisconsin Board on Aging and Long-Term Care(1-800) 815-0015This board operates the Ombudsman Program, which works with residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities who are 60 years of age and above. The program’s ombudsmen investigate and help to resolve concerns, and they educate residents on their rights. For seniors 65 years of age and up, the board also conducts counseling regarding Medicare through the Medigap Helpline and counseling on prescription drug coverage through the Part D & Prescription Drug Helpline. Note: The number to the left is for the Ombudsman Program. For Medigap help, dial (1-800) 242-1060, and for the Part D & Prescription Drug Helpline, dial (1-855) 677-2783.
Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program(1-866) 432-8947
Through the administration of federal funding, WHEAP assists households with covering their heating bills. Examples of aid this program provides include emergency fuel assistance and urgent repairs to heating systems. It can also help recipients with setting up payment plans. Income limits apply. Also of interest may be the Wisconsin Weatherization Assistance Program, which can boost a home’s energy efficiency and has the same contact number.
Home Repair Loans(920) 674-8711Seniors with homes in disrepair may be able to access loans from Watertown. The loans do not require repayment until the sale of the home. Funding can go toward fixing furnaces and water heaters, plumbing systems and windows and doors. Other repairs are also available, as are accessibility improvements. For eligibility, recipients must meet certain income criteria, which are subject to change. Home value limits may also apply.