69 Assisted Living Facilities near Horicon, WI
Also serving communities of Mayville.
There are 69 Assisted Living Facilities in the Horicon area, with 3 in Horicon and 66 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Horicon is $3,050 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 159 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Horicon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Horicon 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Watertown with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Horicon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Horicon, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Horicon
Horicon is a very small village on the southern edge of a protected wildlife refuge, straddling the banks of the Rock River, about 30 miles northeast of Milwaukee. Horicon's larger community, Dodge County, is home to just over 87,700 people, 17 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over. To look after those who need some help with their daily lives, but who can still live largely independently, the Horicon area is home to at least 62 assisted living facilities.
These sites are licensed, like all residential care facilities in the state, through the Wisconsin Department of Health Services Bureau of Assisted Living Division of Quality Assurance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Horicon
- The weather in Horicon is balmy in summer, when average high temperatures reach 81 degrees. The local climate changes with the season to a very frigid overnight average of just 8 degrees in winter. Warm seasons bring 33 inches of rain to the Horicon area, while winter sees close to 40 inches of snowfall locally.
- The cost of living in Horicon is just 87 percent of the national average cost of living. Healthcare is a relatively higher expense for many Horicon seniors, though the typical cost paid for provider care in town is nearly 1 percent lower than the national average rate for similar services.
- Crime rates in Horicon are just 10 percent of the average national rate across all categories of crimes reported to the police. Much of this is nonviolent property crime, such as theft. Horicon's violent crime rates are even lower, dropping far below the national average, even for towns of this size.
- Public transportation for Horicon seniors is generally provided by the Dodge County Specialized Transportation System, a countywide medical and disabled ride service that offers curb-to-curb rides when booked at least three days in advance. Seniors in Horicon should know that this service is not available in severe weather or on public holidays.
- The Horicon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care, such as Waupun Memorial Hospital and Watertown Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Horicon has an array of community resources for seniors, including two senior centers and the Aging & Disability Resource Center, an organization that offers consultations for seniors to help them sign up for benefits to which they are entitled.
Paying for Assisted Living in Horicon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Horicon start around $3,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Horicon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Horicon
Seniors in Horicon may be able to get help paying for some or all of the cost of assisted living through the state's Medicaid health insurance program for low-income residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Horicon
Horicon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Horicon, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Horicon
Horicon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Horicon
Review of Matthews of Horicon
My mother-in-law is in Matthews of Horicon. The overall experience is fair. We like the activities director and the homey feeling. The thing we like least about it is that they are understaffed. Ha... Read more
Review of Marvin's Manor Horicon
My grandparents were at Marvin's Manor. They loved all the staff and got excellent care. Read more
Review of Marvin's Manor Horicon
Respectfully caring and qualified staff since I can no longer care for my husband at home. I couldn't ask for a better place for him! Well maintained and clean facility. Read more