64 Assisted Living Facilities near Beaver Dam, WI
Also serving communities of Waupun.
There are 64 Assisted Living Facilities in the Beaver Dam area, with 6 in Beaver Dam and 58 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Beaver Dam is $4,128 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Horicon with an average starting cost of $3,050.
To help you with your search, browse the 132 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Beaver Dam. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Beaver Dam 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Horicon with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Beaver Dam, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Beaver Dam, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Beaver Dam
Beaver Dam sits on the shore of Beaver Dam Lake, a man-made lake that is one of the largest in Wisconsin. Around 16,000 people live in the city, and an estimated 16.5 percent of them are aged 65 or older. Seniors who wish to retire in the city may find accommodation in one of Beaver Dam's five assisted living facilities, or they can look in nearby communities where a further 53 facilities are located. Wisconsin has a Bureau of Assisted Living, which licenses and monitors assisted living facilities throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Beaver Dam
- The Beaver Dam area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beaver Dam Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Beaver Dam Public Transit is a contracted taxi service available for residents of Beaver Dam. Riders aged 60 or older are eligible for a discounted rate on trips within the city limits.
- The cost of living in Beaver Dam is around 15 percent lower than the U.S. average. Groceries, transport and healthcare are all less expensive than both the state and national averages.
- Beaver Dam has cold winters, with around 38 inches of snow each year and January lows averaging just 10 degrees. The city only has around 185 sunny days each year, which may be challenging for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
- The crime rate in Beaver Dam is higher than 85 percent of Wisconsin's other towns and cities. Although the violent crime rate is lower than the state average, the property crime rate is higher, occurring at a rate of 23.61 incidents per 1,000 residents. This may be a consideration for safety conscious seniors.
- Income from retirement funds is subject to income tax in Wisconsin, which can affect the budgets of seniors who rely on money from these sources. However, government pensions and Social Security income is not taxed. Sales taxes in the state are very low, which is good news for seniors on a limited budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Beaver Dam
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Beaver Dam start around $4,128 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Beaver Dam and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Beaver Dam
Wisconsin's Family Care Program offers financial assistance to seniors in Beaver Dam and helps to provide long-term care to adults where they live, which includes in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Beaver Dam
Beaver Dam and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Beaver Dam, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Beaver Dam
Beaver Dam-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Beaver Dam
Review of Charleston House Assisted Living
I like the layout of Beaver Dam Assisted Living. I was impressed with the staff. I was impressed with the activities, the meals, and the overall care that they provide. They have everything from bi... Read more
Review of Prairie Ridge Assisted Living
I toured Prairie Ridge last year. When I was there they were all very friendly and very helpful. The room was pretty nice there, there's a cooking area, but I don't believe they had a stove in ther... Read more
Review of Charleston House Assisted Living
The Newer Beaver Dam Assisted Living owned by BAKKA Enterprises offered my mother exceptional care. The staff was always so kind to us and attentive to my moms needs. The facility and grounds are... Read more