Huntington Place

Reviews of Huntington Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Huntington Place

January 02, 2017

By Sue286844

Huntington Place was nice, but you had to pay extra for food, and it was $2,000 more a month. There were at least eight things you had to pay extra for, including taking you to the doctor, parking, and podiatrist service. It was clean, but people acted like they were more into making money off of you. The dining room wasn't impressive. They had activities and go to events.

September 01, 2016

By Tim646416

Huntington Place is good, clean, and nice. The staff members are doing a pretty good job. Right now, I have a small living area, a bedroom, and a bathroom.

July 27, 2016

By Judy561810

Huntington Place's rooms were a good size and very neat. I liked the secured doors. The dining area was nice. They had chair exercise, reading and bingo. It didn't seem that homey.

Thank you for your input. Huntington Place Senior Living offers a variety of floor plans crafted to fit our residents' individual needs and budgets. We would like to invite you over for another tour to showcase the variety of accommodations and what a thriving community we really are. Please visit our web site to schedule a tour: https://www.fivestarseniorliving.com/communities

December 15, 2015

By Kipp1

There are three buildings at Huntington Place; there's the assisted living, and there are two buildings of memory care. The staff and management are excellent. My mom is in the memory care unit, so the activities are more juvenile, like bouncing the balloon back and forth, and sometimes they play bingo. The food is excellent. There are two areas for dining in the same building -- a left wing and a right wing -- so half of the people go to the right wing and the other half to the left. It's not formal dining, but there are six tables of four, so that fits about 24 people. The rooms are adequate, and they do have their own private toilet, but they don't have their own shower. I liked the assisted living. She was originally checked into the memory care because that was the only room open, and then I checked her into the assisted living part, which is beautiful. The dining room is formal, and the rooms have their own shower and toilet. Unfortunately, my mom decided to take a walk one day, so they consider her a flight risk and put her back in memory care.

January 13, 2015

By Kathy100337550

The staff was wonderful at Huntington Place, and I don’t have any complaints there. They were very nice and helpful. I didn’t care for the facility myself only because I didn’t like the setup it had. The elevators and stairs, the rooms that I saw were smaller, and they might have some bigger ones. The facility was nice; I cannot complain. They had a lot of activities -- cards and day trips -- and that was comparable.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to write a review about Huntington Place. Our goal is to provide exceptional care and quality of life for those we serve and I am happy to hear that our staff made a positive impression on you! As a full-service senior living community, our building is set up to meet the needs of several different levels of care. We offer a variety of apartment home styles and sizes; The Independent Living floor plans range from 657 to 1,420 square feet, and Assisted Living ranges from 324 to 438 square feet. Our award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery™ Alzheimer’s neighborhood features private studio-style apartments. I would love to spend time with you and go over all of the accommodations that we have to offer.

Anna Papich-Hughes, Executive Director, Huntington Place

March 27, 2014

By Cheryl24

Mom is at Huntington Place right now. I chose this facility because I am familiar with it, and some of my friends' parents are already in there. The staff is very accommodating and very caring. They go out of their way to make sure that my mother is comfortable, and they contact me whenever there is an issue. The environment is very clean and very active. The rooms are updated and modernized, with lots of windows, so there's lots of light coming into the room, which is important. Heating is also very acceptable.

January 23, 2014

By Dianne12

Everything about the Huntington Place was wonderful. The staff, the rooms, and the care were wonderful. They offer a lot of outside activities for the residents. The facility was immaculate.

August 10, 2013

By Judith11

My mom moved about six weeks ago at Huntington Place and we've been very pleased with the condition of the facility and the people working there as well as the executive staff. They have been very informative and they got us back in a timely manner when we have questions and concerns. We are very pleased with the facility. It's very nice and the food is good.

February 16, 2012

By Henryi

This retirement home is across the road from the assisted living community. It has a wonderful feel about it, very warm inside and with a lot of character despite being a new building. All of the residents are very friendly and often get together in the hallways and at social events sponsored by the facility. The individual apartments are wonderful condos, with plenty of space, high ceilings, and have modern amenities like a full kitchen, plush carpet, and washer and dryer. The bathrooms are large and have walk in showers and bathtubs as well as a large vanity mirror. The community is well taken care of in terms of plowing and landscaping and it seems like a really nice place to live. Underground parking and elevators make it easy to get around and help maintain the beauty of the community inside and out. All in all, this is a beautiful and well kept place to live and visit in.

February 07, 2012

By commercesd

We visited Huntington Place assisted living facility while in the area checking out places for uncle to live. The exterior was nicely designed, resembling a nice condo development more than a home for seniors. We liked that they offer a variety of care plans for seniors, which can change as the situation dictates. The landscaping made the space easy to navigate and beautiful to enjoy for walking and having outdoor parties. Seniors could enjoy the community rooms for activities ranging from reading and watching TV to listening to music, playing a variety of games, creative ways to exercise and other planned events. The fitness center includes regular instructed exercise classes, and assistance with equipment as needed. Seniors are encouraged to take regular daily exercise in various forms. The dining room was nicely decorated and the food very appetizing. We sampled some of the snacks, which were also delicious and nutritious. Every effort is made to ensure that the seniors eat properly and often to maintain their health and vibrancy. This facility accommodates all levels of ambulation efficiently and easily, with care and consideration. The private livings spaces were freshly decorated, airy and bright. Each had a unique quality personalized the way the residents find them comfortable. efficient and yet still spacious. The residents are regularly taken on interesting outings such as cultural events like music and art gatherings. They also get to experience many of the casual and fine dining establishments in Janesville and the surrounding areas. This is a very nicely designed living environment where the seniors appear very content and well taken care of, by competent and caring staff.

Costs for Huntington Place

• Low Salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

• About Huntington Place

Huntington Place offers compassionate senior care in Janesville, WI. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Huntington Place shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Janesville, WI.

Map of Huntington Place