16 Assisted Living Facilities near Williams Bay, WI
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Williams Bay area, with 1 in Williams Bay and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Williams Bay is $3,220 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 40 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Williams Bay. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Williams Bay 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Williams Bay, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Williams Bay, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Williams Bay
On the shoreline of Lake Geneva, in Walworth County, sits the village of Williams Bay, Wisconsin. Most famously known as the home of the world's largest refracting lens telescope, located at the University of Chicago's Yerkes Observatory, this quaint village of just 2,600 has a rich historical past.
In recent years, the village has seen a growth in its senior population, with 22.4 percent of residents aged 65 and older. To serve this segment of the population, there are two assisted facilities located within the metropolitan area and an additional 27 options located in surrounding communities, including Elkhorn, Delavan and Lake Geneva.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Williams Bay
- There is no dedicated public transportation system in Williams Bay, which could make it difficult for seniors to get around the village easily. The Walworth County Wal-to-Wal Dial-a-Ride service does provide a shared ride transportation service for seniors to general appointments and trips to dining venues, as well as some out-of-county non-emergency medical appointments.
- Compared to the crime of the overall Whitewater-Elkhorn metropolitan area, Williams Bay is considerably lower in terms of both violent and property crime, scoring a 28.2 and 32.1 out of 100, respectively. Still, seniors should take common-sense precautions when venturing about on their own.
- Since many activities in Williams Bay are associated with the outdoors, seniors may struggle in winter months, with lows reaching 12 degrees Fahrenheit and an average of 37 inches of snow expected each year. However, summers do get warmer with highs reaching the 80's, giving senior residents a chance to experience all the city has to offer.
- The air quality is Williams Bay is rated an 80 out of 100 (100 being best), which is beneficial in a city with such an abundance of outdoor attractions and activities. Seniors with respiratory conditions should do well in this area.
- The overall cost of living in Williams Bay is higher than both the statewide and national averages. Out of 100, it scores a 112, the largest contributing factor being housing, which could be a concern to seniors transitioning to an assisted living facility. Despite this, everyday expenses, including grocery, health and transportation costs, tend to be lower.
- Less than five minutes from the Williams Bay city center, Lake Geneva is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center–Walworth, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Williams Bay
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Williams Bay start around $3,220 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Williams Bay and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Williams Bay
Wisconsin's Medicaid State Plan will cover some of the costs associated with transitioning to an assisted living facility through programs such as PACE and IRIS. As one of only six states to offer non-Medicaid state-funded programs, Wisconsin seniors can draw on the aid offered by a number of independent organizations and government agencies. The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Walworth County (ARDC) provides a list of resources and programs seniors can utilize to supplement costs associated with living and medical expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Williams Bay
Williams Bay and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Williams Bay, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Williams Bay
Williams Bay-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Williams Bay, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Williams Bay
Review of Sherwood Lodge
Sherwood Lodge was my mother-in-law's home for just over three months. It exceeded every single expectation my husband and I had. The facility itself is warm and welcoming, quiet and charming. ... Read more
Review of Sherwood Lodge
Atrium Senior Living of Williams Bay at Sherwood Lodge was very nice but also very expensive. They have nice large rooms and nice amenities. The rooms were very laid out. The staff was very friendl... Read more
Review of Sherwood Lodge
Atrium Senior Living of Williams Bay at Sherwood Lodge is wonderful and Mom loves it. They have all the amenities and more than she is capable of using. The staff is very engaging. I like the food.... Read more