13 Assisted Living Facilities
13 Assisted Living Facilities
The average cost of assisted living in
than the national median of
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burlington
out of 5 stars.
Better rated regions include
with an average rating of
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burlington area, with 3 in Burlington and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burlington is $3,935 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,345.
To help you with your search, browse the 22 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burlington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burlington 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Waterford with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burlington, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Burlington, WI
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Burlington, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burlington
Review of Oak Park Place Burlington
Oak Park Place Burlington would be our first choice. What stood out was its arrangement. It had two-bedroom units and they were very spacious. Their activity level was substantial. They have a libr... Read more
Review of Pine Brook Pointe
Pine Brook Pointe is a newer, clean facility with fireplaces. The thing that I want her to have is more outside activities while she can still do them, and they provide that. If they can get around... Read more
Review of Arbor View
Arbor View was a very nice but old building. The rooms were so small, and they had a waiting list for the larger rooms. It was outdated, and the furniture was lackluster. It was cold at the entranc... Read more
Assisted Living near Racine County, WI
More Options Near Burlington, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burlington
Burlington is nicknamed Chocolate City, U.S.A., and seniors with a sweet tooth may enjoy visiting the annual ChocolateFest over Memorial Day weekend. Seniors aged 65 and over make up around 14 percent of the city's 11,000 residents, and they can access assisted living at three facilities in the city, or at another 10 in nearby communities, including Waterford, Genoa City and Union Grove.
In Burlington, as in all of Wisconsin, assisted living facilities are defined as programs and facilities that help seniors who don't require 24-hour nursing assistance. There are four types of licenses offered by the Bureau of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burlington
- The Burlington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Burlington has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Racine County, an organization that empowers individuals to make choices that achieve maximum independence and quality of life, as well as one senior center.
- The city of Burlington has a wide range of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy, including the Burlington Historical Museum. For those who love a good show, The Haylofters perform regularly at the Malt House Theater, one of Wisconsin's oldest community theaters.
- Seniors in Burlington can access the SPARC (Shuttling People Around Racine County) shuttle. The shuttle has a set route, but customized trips may also be available.
- As in most of Wisconsin, the weather in Burlington is cold with January lows averaging 13 degrees Fahrenheit. The city also receives around 37 inches of snow, which can be challenging for seniors who like to enjoy the outdoors. However, for people who don't care for the heat, Burlington's mild summers are perfect, with average July highs of just 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Although Burlington's crime rate is around average for cities of a similar size in the U.S.A., it is still higher than 76 percent of Wisconsin's other communities. The violent crime rate of 0.47 per 1,000 residents is lower than the state average of 3.06, but the property crime rate of 18.84 is on par with Wisconsin's overall rate of 19.33.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burlington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Burlington start around $3,935 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burlington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burlington
Family Care may be available to seniors in Burlington who require long-term care. The program provides financial aid to help people where they live, which can include residential care facilities
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burlington
Burlington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burlington
Burlington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.