17 Assisted Living Facilities near Mukwonago, WI
Also serving communities of East Troy.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mukwonago area, with 4 in Mukwonago and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mukwonago is $4,100 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Waterford with an average starting cost of $3,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 50 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mukwonago. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mukwonago 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hartland with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mukwonago, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Mukwonago, WI
13 Assisted Living Facilities near Mukwonago, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mukwonago
Mukwonago, Wisconsin, sits about 40 miles north of the Illinois border along Lake Michigan. The region is home to just over 8,100 residents; approximately 1 out of every 4 individuals is a senior. This demographic has access to 29 assisted living facilities (ALFs), 26 of which are in neighboring communities, such as Waterford and East Troy. Seniors can receive help in areas such as leisure activities, transportation, healthcare and personal care. Each community is regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Bureau of Assisted Living, Division of Quality Assurance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mukwonago
- Seniors who want to live in Mukwonago should set extra aside in their budgets, as the overall cost of living is 9.7 percent higher than average. The city is a better option for seniors who can get financial assistance for ALF room and board and who have insurance.
- Even though cost of living is a little higher, the price tag might be worth it for seniors when it comes to security. Violent crime is just 14.4 out of 100 (100 is worst) compared to the average of 31.1, and property crime is just 12.5 versus 38.1. The ability to be safe, both physically and in regard to assets, might encourage seniors to socialize and maintain belongings they enjoy.
- The climate in Mukwonago can be somewhat unforgiving. Temperatures dip to the lower teens, and snowfall is 43 inches annually. The overall Sperling’s Comfort Index is just 38 out of 100. While summer reaches a comfortable 82 degrees, seniors should be prepared to have more limited transportation and outdoor access during the winter. The cold might aggravate some physical conditions such as arthritis.
- Seniors shouldn’t expect tons of tax breaks living in Mukwonago, Wisconsin. The state doesn’t tax public pension income or Social Security, but it does tax both retirement account withdrawals and private pension income.
- Air quality in Mukwonago ranks 79 out of 100 (100 is best). That's much better than the national average of 58. Seniors with respiratory conditions might thus see an improvement to health and quality of living.
- Mukwonago, Wisconsin is home to world-class medical facilities, including the D.N. Greenwald Center/ProHealth Care Mukwonago, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mukwonago
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Mukwonago start around $4,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mukwonago and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mukwonago
Wisconsin offers the SSI Exceptional Expense Supplement (SSI-E) to seniors who need help paying for assisted living services. The amount of funding through this supplement is small.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mukwonago
Mukwonago and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mukwonago, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mukwonago
Mukwonago-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mukwonago
Review of BirchRock Corners Homestyle Assisted Living
BirchRock Corners Homestyle is a family-run community and it's really nice. It's where we wanted to go but they didn't have a place for my mother. It was like a group home but more family-oriented.... Read more
Review of Linden Court Mukwonago
Linden Court Mukwonago is beautiful and very nice. We're very pleased. You have to push a button before they let you in and you have to say who you're going to see. My husband wears a bracelet at a... Read more
Review of Linden Court Mukwonago
The staff at Linden Court is very good. You don’t feel on display, you’re just accepted, and all the people are comfortable. The rehab places are very nice, very clean looking, and they’re very com... Read more