16 Assisted Living Facilities near Waterford, WI
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waterford area, with 2 in Waterford and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waterford is $3,950 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425.
To help you with your search, browse the 40 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waterford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waterford 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mukwonago with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waterford, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Waterford, WI
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Waterford, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waterford
The small, industrial village of Waterford is located along the shores of Lake Michigan in Racine County, Wisconsin, and covers about two square miles. This community is noted for its recreational activities, including motorized boating, bird-watching and fishing. Waterford has about 5,600 residents, nearly one in five of whom are seniors.
Waterford has two assisted living facilities, and there are 15 more nearby. These facilities are categorized as community-based residential facilities, residential care apartment complexes or adult family homes, according to the setting they provide, and are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waterford
- Waterford seniors who receive Social Security benefits or public pensions do not pay state income tax on this type of income, which may allow them to put more money toward living expenses, including assisted living services. All other types of retirement income are fully taxed at the state level.
- Transportation for seniors in Waterford is provided by Racine County Human Services. Residents may contact them directly to learn about eligibility and transportation services provided.
- The Waterford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lakeview Specialty Hospital and Rehab, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ozone pollution levels in Waterford are very high, with the American Lung Association giving Racine County an "F" for this type of pollution. This may be a consideration for seniors who spend a lot of time outdoors or who have certain medical conditions.
- Waterford has relatively expensive housing, which drives up the city's overall cost of living and may result in higher assisted living costs. Seniors can also expect to spend about 7% more on healthcare than they would in the average U.S. city. Those who have limited retirement income may want to consider how Waterford's cost of living will affect their assisted living budgets.
- As is typical of Wisconsin as a whole, Waterford has fairly mild summers and cold, snowy winters. Over the course of the year, temperatures here range between 11 degrees and 82 degrees Fahrenheit, and the region receives about 39 inches of annual snowfall. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that features individual climate control in private living areas.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waterford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Waterford start around $3,950 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waterford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waterford
Medicaid-eligible seniors in Waterford may have assisted living services covered through the Medicaid Elderly and Physically Disabled waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waterford
Waterford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waterford, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waterford
Waterford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waterford
Review of Waterford Senior Living
We liked the people at Waterford Senior Living. We know quite a few of them. It's in the town we live in. The rooms were quite bare and small. We wanted a two-bedroom and they didn't have any, and ... Read more
Review of Waterford Senior Living
My mother is in memory care at Waterford Senior Living. They have more than enough staff for the residents, but they don't have the activities that I want to have for her because she likes to still... Read more
Review of Elder Care Cottages
Elder Care Cottages is where I placed my father. I'm quite happy with it. There's a shortage of staff there, but considering that, they do a great job. My father's room is comfortable. They have ga... Read more