19 Assisted Living Facilities near Lake Geneva, WI
Also serving communities of Genoa City.
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lake Geneva area, with 4 in Lake Geneva and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lake Geneva is $3,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Williams Bay with an average starting cost of $3,220.
To help you with your search, browse the 36 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lake Geneva. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lake Geneva 2.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include De Forest with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lake Geneva, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lake Geneva, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lake Geneva
Located on the eastern shores of Geneva Lake in Walthwoth County, the resort city of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin offers a welcoming, picturesque environment for visitors and residents alike. Originally a vacation spot for wealthy Chicago families, the city is home to more than 7,700 residents. Of this population, 16% are aged 65 years and older, and may require assistance with activities of daily living.
Assisted living facilities in Lake Geneva, and throughout Wisconsin, fall under one of four categories: community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), residential care apartment complexes (RCACs), adult family homes and adult day care. Nineteen of these facilities are available in the Lake Geneva area, and they are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lake Geneva
- Compared to the U.S. national average of 100, the cost of living in Lake Geneva is rated 95.9. Grocery and health costs are especially low, which could allow seniors to put more money toward the cost of assisted living services.
- Like many Wisconsin cities, Lake Geneva experiences cold winters, with a low of 12 degrees and around 36 inches of snow expected each year.
- A low violent crime rate of 10.1 out of 100, with 100 representing high crime, could offer peace of mind to Lake Geneva seniors, since it's much lower than the U.S. national average of 22.7. However at 48, property crime is quite high compared to national and statewide averages of 35.4 and 28.2, respectively.
- With no local public transportation system, seniors in Lake Geneva may find it difficult to get to medical appointments, social engagements and grocery stores. However, the area does receive a walk score of 76, meaning it's very walkable, and many assisted living residences offer scheduled transportation services.
- Seniors living in Lake Geneva can enjoy its numerous entertainment venues and attractions, including the beaches at Library Park, Geneva Lake Museum, dinner theaters, concert halls and a number of unique specialty shops and galleries.
- The Lake Geneva area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center-Walworth, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lake Geneva
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Lake Geneva start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lake Geneva and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lake Geneva
As one of just six states that offers non-Medicaid state-funded programs in addition to Medicaid, seniors living in Wisconsin have a number of resources at their disposal to supplement the cost of assisted living services. Lake Geneva residents can access financial support through the Community Option Program and Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lake Geneva
Lake Geneva and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lake Geneva, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lake Geneva
Lake Geneva-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lake Geneva, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lake Geneva
Review of Walnut Grove Lake Geneva
I visited Walnut Grove Lake Geneva, and the experience was awful. The person who I made appointment with forgot that we were coming, and then the lady that was showing us around did not introduce h... Read more
Review of Arbor Village of Geneva Crossing
I like the one where my mother is. She is at Arbor Village. Right at the moment, she is still trying to settle in. She is 99-1/2, and she isn't always 100% happy with the food. However, they seem t... Read more
Review of Walnut Grove Lake Geneva
My parents are in Walnut Grove. The members of the staff there are not very well-trained but they try. They really don't do anything to try and engage Alzheimer's patients. They just pretty much ma... Read more