16 Assisted Living Facilities near Walworth, WI
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Walworth area, with 2 in Walworth and 14 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 32 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Walworth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Walworth 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Williams Bay with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Walworth, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Walworth, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Walworth
Home to Kikkoman's first American plant, the village of Walworth, Wisconsin, is a charming community of just over 2,800 residents. Of this population, about 14% are 65 years or older, and some of them may find completing activities of daily living to be challenging on their own.
To help, a total of 15 assisted living communities are available for seniors in Walworth and nearby municipalities, all of which are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Public Health Services. In Walworth, and throughout the state, adult family homes, community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), residential care apartment complexes (RCACs) and adult day care are all considered types of assisted living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Walworth
- Seniors looking for a budget-friendly living option may consider Walworth for its low cost of living. Based on the U.S. national average of 100, the village receives a rating of 97.6, largely due to low health, transportation and grocery costs.
- Like many Wisconsin municipalities, Walworth experiences cold and snowy winters. Around 36 inches of snowfall is expected annually, and temperatures are known to drop to 12 degrees, which some aging adults may find challenging.
- With a violent crime rate of 11.1 and property crime rate of 12.2, seniors in Walworth can go about their daily activities with peace of mind. These numbers are measured on a scale from one to 100, with 100 being high crime, and are much lower than the U.S. national rates of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively, in the same categories.
- Walworth has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Lake Geneva.
- While Walworth has no dedicated bus or train service, the Wal-to-Wal Dial-a-Ride shared transit program is available to transport residents to any location in Walworth County. Seniors aged 60 and over are eligible for a reduced fare.
- According to the American Lung Association, Walworth County has very high levels of ozone, which could impact seniors with existing respiratory conditions.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Walworth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Walworth start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Walworth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Walworth
As Wisconsin is one of only six states to offer separate state-funded programs in addition to Medicaid waiver programs, seniors in Walworth have access to a number of financial support options to help cover the cost of assisted living services. Seniors may choose to join the state's self-directed IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) program or apply for Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Walworth
Walworth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Walworth, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Walworth
Walworth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Walworth
Review of Golden Years
The rooms at Golden Years Assisted Living Residence are nice. The food is good. The dining room is set up buffet style. They have a choir, and they have different activities every day of the week. ... Read more
Review of Golden Years
My mother has been at Golden Years for about 14 months. We feel the rates are very reasonable!! She is in independent living right now. The care and facilites are impeccable. She raves about the fo... Read more
Review of Golden Years
The facilitie was a wonderful place. The staff and the grounds were wonderful. I was very impressed with the level of care and respect that my famliy expreianced. The facility was clean and mode... Read more