3 Assisted Living Facilities in Sevierville, TN
The average cost of assisted living in Sevierville is $4,188 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Jefferson City with an average starting cost of $2,584.
To help you with your search, browse the 28 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sevierville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sevierville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jefferson City with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sevierville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sevierville
Known as one of the top retirement destinations, Sevierville lies approximately 10 miles northwest of the Great Smoky National Park., which is one of the most visited national parks in the U.S. The area is home to over 18,000 seniors 65 and older, some of whom can no longer live independently.
Sevierville has three assisted living facilities. In Tennessee, there are two types of assisted living facilities: assisted care living facilities that provide room and board and services, or residential homes for the aged, which provides room and board and personal care to four or more. Both are regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sevierville
- The cost of living index in Sevierville is 94.1, which is lower than the national average of 100. It’s also lower than the state average of 96. Seniors in the city may find groceries and other necessities more affordable than other parts of the state.
- Crime in Sevierville is higher than other parts of the U.S. for all types of crime. Based on the scale from one (low) to 100 (high), the rate of violent crime in the city is 45.4 and for property crime, it is 65.5. This is compared to the national averages of 31.1 and 38.1 respectively. Seniors may want to inquire about the security measures in place at a prospective assisted living facility for safety.
- Winters in Sevierville are cold with average January lows around 25 degrees. The city also gets around six inches of snow per year. Seniors who can’t tolerate the cold may find winters unpleasant. Summers are hot and humid with average highs around 88 degrees.
- The Sevierville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the LeConte Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- For rides to and from doctor’s appointments, shopping trips, work and other appointments, the East Tennessee Human Resources Agency is available for seniors in Sevierville. The system offers door-to-door services with flexible schedules and discount fares. Rides must be scheduled at least three days in advance.
- Sevierville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Sevier County Office on Aging, and organization that works to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sevierville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Sevierville start around $4,188 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sevierville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sevierville
Sevierville and other parts of the state of Tennessee offer assistance paying for an assisted care facility through two Medicaid waiver programs. This includes the managed care Long Term Services and the Supports CHOICES programs. Medicaid limits the amount that can be charged for room and board. Family supplementation is permitted for anything not covered by state assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sevierville
Sevierville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sevierville, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sevierville
Sevierville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Sevierville, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sevierville
Review of Dominion Senior Living of Sevierville
Dominion Senior Living seems like a perfect fit for my uncle. With what they have to offer and how they go about doing everything, I like them. They're pretty good. My uncle has his own apartment. ... Read more
Review of Dominion Senior Living of Sevierville
Dominion Senior Living of Sevierville was very nice. The person during the tour was nice. They invited us for lunch, but we declined. They have a beauty shop, an exercise room, and a little garden,... Read more
Review of Brookdale Sevierville
Everything with Brookdale Sevierville has been great, and we like it. It has a great atmosphere, and we haven't had any problems with the staff. My dad is in a studio apartment, which reminds me of... Read more