Brookdale Sandy Springs

Reviews of Brookdale Sandy Springs

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Sandy Springs

May 20, 2014

By Pauline7

The rooms at Sterling House of Maryville were too small for what I needed. The staff were fine, and I liked the location of the community.

February 13, 2014

By TNVOLS

I have a family member who lives in this community and we have been so pleased! The staff is so friendly and caring to both my mother and myself. I highly recommend this community to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones.

December 31, 2013

By William23

My mom is in Sterling House and one of the things that I like best is the general feeling of the staff and the residents that are already there. Everything seems to be so positive. Every member of the staff that I run into is very willing to help. They seem to care about the individuals they are working with, which are the residents. They have quite a bit of activities. They have religious services on Sundays, which my mom likes. They have crafts. During this Christmas Season there are choirs coming in. They have a bus service and they have outside activities at least once a week. They also take them to the local mall and to the stores like Walmart and Target. They took a tour of Cage Cove, which is in the mountain here. When we ask my Mom about the food, she said it is delicious.

August 12, 2013

By JL3

Sterling House is amazing. I can't say enough about the staff. They are so wonderful and caring. My Mom loves it there! I highly recommend it!

April 30, 2013

By Tennesseegal

Sterling House seemed like a nice place. When I visited there, I saw that the residents seemed happy as they were gathered in the dining area. Although the rate was a little higher compared to the others I visited.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Sandy Springs

Questions about Brookdale Sandy Springs

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly meetings, along with monthly in-service

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Sandy Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Brookdale Sandy Springs has 60 apartments, 6 different apartment size options offering large bathrooms, spacious closets, along with kitchenettes. We have several couples that live with us, a very independent, social environment. Average age 86

What programs or activities does Brookdale Sandy Springs offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Bfit, lunch bunch, happy hour, fellowship, scenic drives, men’s group, trips to the smokies, musical and theater outings, Bingo (games), beauty/barber shop, manicures and pedicures, etc

What places are near Brookdale Sandy Springs or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Greenbelt Park (Sandy Springs), Fire Department

What transportation services does Brookdale Sandy Springs offer to assisted living residents?

Community bus for outings and Dr Appointments

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Sandy Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Southern style cooking, seafood options, Italian, fresh veggies from our garden

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Sandy Springs offer to assisted living residents?

Pull cords in every room (dependent on apt style 2 or 3), pendant alarms (optional)

How does Brookdale Sandy Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Nurses, NP, executive director letters, open door policy with all family members regarding their loved one

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Sandy Springs during daytime and nighttime hours?

Care staff hours based on resident needs

If Brookdale Sandy Springs accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brookdale Sandy Springs offers a beautiful, large courtyard with Courtyard apartments

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly meetings, along with monthly in-service

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Care staff hours based on resident needs

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Sandy Springs provide to protect residents who wander?

Redirection, activities, locked community

What programs or activities does Brookdale Sandy Springs offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Geared toward resident’s interest and abilities. Bfit, scenic drives, lunch outings, music therapy, arts and crafts, long term memory recognition, intouch machine

Health and wellness director, along with nurses…mini mental eval, once a year or as needed

What techniques does Brookdale Sandy Springs use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Hand over Hand, refresh program… finger foods, mechanical soft, thick and liquid (when ordered by dr)

How does Brookdale Sandy Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Nursing staff, Executive director letters, open door policy with family members

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Sandy Springs. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential neighborhood, school zone

Is Brookdale Sandy Springs affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Not affiliated, but several great hospitals in the area

Photos of Brookdale Sandy Springs

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Sandy Springs

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Sandy Springs

Brookdale Sandy Springs provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Sandy Springs