8 Assisted Living Facilities near Waynesville, NC
Also serving communities of Sylva, Bryson City.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waynesville area, with 4 in Waynesville and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waynesville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waynesville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Asheville with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waynesville, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Waynesville, NC
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Waynesville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waynesville
Review of Haywood Lodge and Retirement Center
We visited Haywood Lodge and were very impressed with the facility. It was very clean and had a warm and homey atmosphere. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The residents wer... Read more
Review of Haywood Lodge and Retirement Center
The facility was beautiful, but the rooms were kind of small. The assisted living part of Haywood Lodge seems small to me. It is up front, and they had residents sitting around. Nobody interacted w... Read more
Assisted Living near Haywood County, NC
More Options Near Waynesville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waynesville
Located approximately 30 miles southeast of the Tennessee border and near of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Waynesville is a small town with beautiful mountain views and plenty of outdoor opportunities for seniors. It is home to the Cataloochee Valley National Park, which is the perfect place for walking amongst the wildflowers and viewing various wildlife like Elk and deer.
Seniors in Waynesville who need help with daily tasks like meals, medication administration and personal care have access to four assisted living facilities in the city limits and seven in nearby places like Candler and Sylvia. Assisted living facilities are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Services Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waynesville
- Waynesville has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Clyde, North Carolina.
- Waynesville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Haywood County Council on Aging, an organization that seeks to improve the way of life for seniors in the area as well as two senior centers.
- Haywood County Transportation provides rides for seniors to and from doctor’s appointments, for various errands and for sight-seeing trips.
- Waynesville provides an affordable place to live for seniors on a budget. Based on the national average of 100, the cost of living in the city is 90.4. This is also lower than the state's average of 96.
- Property crime is more of a concern in Waynesville than violent crime. Based on the scale of one (low) to 100 (high), the rate of violent crime is 22.3 and the rate of property crime is 52.8. This is compared to the national average for violent crime, which is 31.1 and for property crime, which is 38.1.
- Summers are the perfect time in Waynesville for seniors who enjoy getting outside. The average high in July is around 82 degrees. Winters are cold with January lows around 23. The city gets approximately 10 inches of snow per year and around 46 inches of rain.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waynesville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Waynesville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waynesville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waynesville
Seniors may be eligible for payment assistance for an assisted living facility in Waynesville through the Medicaid State Plan. This plan helps pay for personal care and is based on the federal Supplemental Security Income payment and other sources of income. Family supplementation for a private room is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waynesville
Waynesville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waynesville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waynesville
Waynesville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.