College Walk Retirement Community

Reviews of College Walk Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for College Walk Retirement Community

October 21, 2017

By Katrina C

My mom likes living at College Walk! The staff is extremely friendly. Maintenance is quick to respond to issues. There are numerous activities for the residents. My mom enjoys the dining room or ordering her food and eating on her patio. The interior halls and sitting areas were recently updated and the grounds are always immaculate.

July 17, 2017

By Interested Party

When we visited College Walk, they showed us the apartment, and they told us what it was all about. It has 2-bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. They will be doing an extensive remodeling once they are empty. The person who showed us around said that there are 250 people there and a hundred staff. Other than the apartments, there are places you can buy, and there are separate units that you can rent. We only went in the main building, which contains the dining room and other activity areas like the library and a big room that’s like an auditorium where they sometimes show movies and so on.

June 28, 2017

By Ronald Clemmer

JoAnn and I felt the need to express our opinion of life at College Walk because we are extremely happy living here. We lived in a CW two bedroom apartment while waiting for a cluster home to become available. The apartment was comfortable and the staff surpassed our expectations. We enjoyed apartment ease after having lived in many large homes. The perfect cluster home came available and we jumped on it. What a great move. Our home is comfortable, the neighbors are great and the College Walk staff continues to be friendly, alert and helpful. Life here is good.

April 14, 2017

By Disappointed times 2

My father was dying of terminal cancer. He was receiving hospice services at College Walk Retirement Community. Once the facility decided he was no longer appropriate for their level of care, he was immediately discharged without even a day's notice and no comprehensive discharge plan. A horrible experience for an old, sick, dying man and his family. I wish we had chosen a different facility for Dad. He will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery where he will finally be treated with the respect he deserves

December 04, 2016

By HeidiSL

College Walk Assisted Living was a fine choice for my father until he required more care than the organization felt it could provide. (In my opinion, the level of care is much more oriented to residents who don't need very much assistance due to lower staffing levels.) In any event, the facility discharged my father and gave the family only 2 hours notice. This is not a typo. 2 hours.

December 22, 2015

By Eileen B.

College Walk is right near Brevard College, which specializes in music, and there are programs happening all year long. I love opera and with the summer camp hosting guest artists, I would be living in heaven if I went there. They showed me a one-bedroom apartment that was available. It had a sliding glass door to a patio, and there was some storage there, too. There was so much to do. The distance is the only hesitation I have.

Independent Living Reviews for College Walk Retirement Community

About College Walk Retirement Community

College Walk Retirement Community is a senior living provider in Brevard, North Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact College Walk Retirement Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of College Walk Retirement Community