Brookdale Hendersonville East

Reviews of Brookdale Hendersonville East

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Hendersonville East

September 30, 2015

By Melissa25

We looked at Brookdale Hendersonville East. It was very nice, but they had cottages. Because my mother was by herself, she wanted to make sure she was in an apartment where she would be able to see people everyday. Brookdale Hendersonville East was very nice, but it was not what she was looking for. They were offering a cottage rather than an apartment. The facility was very clean. My mother loved it. They were really nice, they were roomy, but they were cottages and she figured she would be better off in an apartment.

April 02, 2015

By Dianne24

My parents are in Brookdale, and they are seemingly very happy. They had friends that live there. It is homey, and everybody has been really friendly and helpful. The apartment is very nice, and it is everything they need. I'm pleased with it. They seem to have a lot of activities like bingo, arts and crafts, movies, and field trips. I can't say a whole lot about it other than mom and dad are happy there, and that is all I care about.

July 18, 2014

By Dave21

My parents will be going to Pine Park (Emeritus at Pine Park) in about three weeks. The people there are great. The rooms are nice, and I may even go there myself. They have three meals served in a buffet style, and their dining room is very pretty. They do all kinds of extracurricular activities all the time. They have a shuttle that takes them to town or wherever they want to go. The staff is nice and knowledgeable. He was very helpful, very caring, and thoughtful. He took the time to answer all my parents' questions, and he didn't try to hurry us. He is one of the reasons we picked that place. I will absolutely recommend them to others.

February 26, 2014

By Sylvia j

I recently spent several days with my Mom at Pine Park. The food is great, staff is very friendly, & professional. Mom said she feels safe there & she is getting three nutritional meals per day. Her laundry & housekeeping are taken care of for her & she is able to go to the on site beauty shop & attend church services. I live in Idaho so it was very reassuring for me to know my Mom is being well taken care of & she is happy. My brothers and I can get back to enjoying time with Mom!

October 07, 2013

By chef cathy

A husband was in need of a long-term care assisted living situation. Pine Park came highly recommended, and my initial phone call to them was returned immediately; each step of the way was made easy and the staff was helpful and eager to assist. Knowing that my husband likes golf, the television was turned on to a golf tournament upon his entering the room for the first time. That kind of attention to detail made a difficult transition a most pleasant one. He is settling in beautifully, has already made friends and feels "at home." I feel that we made the right choice!

August 27, 2013

By Virginia9

My relative was a resident of Emeritus. It was a lovely facility. He had plenty of spaces to roam about inside provided he didn't go outside. We chose this facility because they have things that he likes. He is a pianist and they have a couple of pianos there that he could play. He also plays pool and they have a pool table there. He was in a private room and it was very good. They did provide nice furniture but I still had to provide furniture for him and moved those out. That didn't bother me at all. The only reason we had to move him to another facility was that it was not a locked facility and he was trying to leave it all the time. They told me that I have to move him into a locked facility because they didn't want him to get hurt.

August 24, 2013

By Lydia4

We visited Emeritus at Pinepark and everything seemed fine. It was an independent living unit but we were looking for an assisted living unit. The room looked sufficient. Their dining room was okay. They had some activities like bingo. It was homey. The only negative aspect was that they were under the fly path of the airport; so, it was noisy with the planes going all over.

June 26, 2013

By John Wilkins

If you can afford it, Emeritus at Pine Park will be a nice place to go. The place was clean and attractive and the staff was very informative.

March 08, 2013

By caring0750

Mom is happy at Pine Park. Hendersonville is a lovely place with beautiful weather. She likes it very much there. She just hates the food. The staff is very nice. They have activities, but my mother does not participate in them and would rather go out with friends who drive her and take her places. Initially, she was in a little suite, but when her money was running out, she had to go to a smaller room. That's why we are looking for some other place.

December 25, 2012

By Bonnie6

Emeritus at Pine is an older facility. However, we are really impressed. The dining area is clean, they have a nice kitchen, the people are friendly, and the grounds are nice. Most of all, we could afford it. Everything else is way too expensive. I've already recommended them to others.

September 06, 2012

By irende

i felt rushed.the staff was rude.none of my questionsway answered..this place suxed

September 29, 2011

By andrew.herbert

I visited this facility with my grandfather as we continue our search for the right home for my grandmother. The staff at Emeritus was very friendly and helpful, and they took the time to answer all of my grandfather's questions. The facilities were clean and charming, albeit a bit small, and the furniture and style of the facility were both impressively nice. Further, the residents seemed to be happy and the staff seemed to genuinely care about the well-being and care of the residents. Perhaps my favorite part of this particular facility is its location in Hendersonville, North Carolina, just outside of Asheville. This region offers a great climate that allows for all four seasons but has typically mild winters and moderate summers as well. Based on our tour, I would recommend this facility, and a special thank you to the Emeritus staff for taking the time to show us around and answer our questions!

Questions about Brookdale Hendersonville East

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Hendersonville East. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are friendly and enjoy a variety of programs, music and classes as well as outings to local hot spots. The average age range is in the mid 80’s and some of their favorite things to do are taking a boat ride around a Lake Julian and having a picnic there, attending a local venue for live music, playing bingo and giant Jenga and participating in one of our B-fit classes.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Downtown Hendersonville offers dining, shopping and festivals. Local fitness centers offer aquatic classes, yoga and other senior based activities. Local attractions include breweries, vineyards, apple orchards, National Forrest, waterfalls, Blue Ridge Parkway, and many quaint small towns are within a short drive.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Hendersonville East has organized?

Day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino, dinner out at local favorite restaurants, antique car show, local museum tour, scenic drive to Lake Lure

What transportation services does Brookdale Hendersonville East offer to independent living residents?

We provide weekly trips to banks, post office, Wal-Mart, grocery stores and twice a week we provide transportation to doctor appointments

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Hendersonville East exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our chef has a culinary degree from Johnson & Wales and over 20 years of culinary experience. More than that, he has a passion for seniors and wants to make sure they have a quality experience. We offer three meals a day and our menu offers a variety of house-made options for the residents to choose from.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Movie Theater, Resident Lounge, Exercise Room, Library, Private Dining Room, Outside Patio, Laundry Rooms

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Hendersonville East offer to independent living residents?

Safety pendants pull cords in restrooms, on-site staff 24 hours a day

If Brookdale Hendersonville East accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love small dogs and cats at Brookdale Hendersonville East. Pets can be walked around the grounds or enjoy the breeze with their owner in the gazebo

Does Brookdale Hendersonville East work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We offer Personalized Living to our residents who may need some assistance with medication setup or reminders. Personalized Living is also able to help with bathing, dressing, champion services, escorts, safety checks or even help unpacking. We also offer Brookdale Therapy on-site for those who would like the convenience of receiving therapy at the commun

Photos of Brookdale Hendersonville East

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1

• Licenses: NC certification

About Brookdale Hendersonville East

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Hendersonville East