American House West Knoxville

Reviews of American House West Knoxville

Assisted Living Reviews for American House West Knoxville

December 28, 2018

By J.B.

My dad was in the assisted living. It was a very nice place and very comfortable for my dad, but he started falling and had to go into memory care. I wasn't crazy about the memory care part of their community. It seemed too gloomy and felt like it was in a basement. I didn't care for that. The assisted living level was very nice. They had lots of activities that kept him busy. The staff was great, everybody was very friendly and they seemed to have everything there for him. His room was a studio.

February 11, 2017

By Jane580322

I liked it, it was a really nice, homey facility with nice programs. When I was there, they had a choir visiting upstairs, so they had taken a lot of residents upstairs. They had a veterans' wall, which was really nice. They took them on adventures.

November 19, 2016

By Brenda463706

It was very good too, and it was also my top choice. It was very nice. They had people doing activities, people sitting outside, and a walkway. It was an older facility, but it was very clean.

October 05, 2016

By Virginia744366

It had small rooms, and that’s the reason why I did not take it. The environment seemed to be alright. The staff was very nice; they take us around and showed us everything.

October 30, 2015

By A Friend2

It was very impressive and very bright. Everybody is very friendly and very professional; my friend is very happy with it. The dining room is very nice. What impressed us was that everybody that was on staff wore an outfit that you knew that they were on staff; I noticed that very much in the dining room.

December 30, 2014

By Jim100392950

My relative just moved in today. She got the largest room, and it was probably one of the nicest sized rooms that you could get anywhere. We went to the Thanksgiving feast, and we actually had dinner there tonight and the food was good. They do have a very full schedule, and there is a big calendar of events. The staff is excellent at all levels. What impressed me most is the friendliness of the staff and the residents.

November 21, 2014

By grantluna

First class facility and staff.....every staff member is so friendly and helpful.

July 26, 2014

It was very nice and we liked it a lot. We needed an assisted living place, however, and not an independent living. The size of the rooms was very nice; it was very clean, neat, and tidy with very wide windows. They have just about everything you want in terms of activities. The staff was very nice.

June 19, 2014

I went and the staff was very informative and helpful. It's a very nice place, and I like that they keep everybody very active. The rooms were not as spacious as I thought they were going to be, though.

May 20, 2014

By Pauline7

I am now living here, and I found them over the Internet. I chose this facility because they had the room I wanted and they allowed my pet. The facility is good. Their food is mediocre. None of them are really great, but it's all right. The people who work here are very excellent, and they give me good service.

June 30, 2011

By NikkE

It is a lovely facility that really does focus on getting the residents up and about. They have so many activities planned on a daily basis that there is always something that will appeal to any resident. They have a great fenced in yard area in the back with lots of picnic tables that are a popular spot when it gets warm outside. The dining room is also really nice and actually makes you feel like you are dining out in a restaurant. Overall this facility is very good.

Memory Care Reviews for American House West Knoxville

Costs for American House West Knoxville

Photos of American House West Knoxville

Services and Amenities of American House West Knoxville

• Companion Suites: No

• State Licenses: License# ACL0000000126

• Get Costs

About American House West Knoxville

American House West Knoxville is conveniently located near West Town Mall, just off I-40 and I-75 and minutes from four major hospitals. Knoxville is host to many year-round events ranging from outdoor activities in Market Square to Lady Vol games at Neyland stadium. If you love the beauty and solitude of mountains, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a short drive away with stops along the way for fine dining and shopping in Gatlinburg and at the outlet malls in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.

Accommodations and Services

American House West Knoxville is an assisted living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, American House West Knoxville has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

American House West Knoxville features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and American House West Knoxville is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Our Chronicles memory care program uses the Best Friends™ approach. This relationship-centered care is built around each individual’s life history, cultural heritage and current abilities and interests.

American House West Knoxville is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the West Knoxville, Tennessee community.

Map of American House West Knoxville