7 Assisted Living Facilities near Jefferson City, TN
Also serving communities of Rutledge.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jefferson City area, with 2 in Jefferson City and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jefferson City is $2,584 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 23 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jefferson City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jefferson City 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Morristown with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jefferson City, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Jefferson City, TN
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Jefferson City, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jefferson City
Jefferson City is located near Cherokee Reservoir in northeastern Tennessee. When early settlers arrived in the late 1700s, they called the city “Mossy Creek.” The city got its current name in 1901, and today, it’s home to nearly 8,200 people. Senior citizens make up just over 15% of the population.
If the city’s seniors find themselves in need of assistance with daily activities, they can move into any of the five local assisted living facilities. These facilities, as well as those in the rest of the state, are regulated by the state Office of Health Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jefferson City
- Jefferson City’s cost of living is fairly low. The city is 7.9% more affordable than the national average. Seniors who move here can expect to pay lower-than-average prices for groceries and housing. However, healthcare costs are 28.6% higher than the national average, which may impact seniors with health issues.
- The American Lung Association recently ranked U.S. cities based on year-round particle pollution. The Knoxville-Morristown-Sevierville metropolitan area came in at 25th most polluted. Seniors with respiratory conditions may need to spend more time indoors.
- Jefferson City is home to the Legacy Theatre. Seniors can visit this community theater to watch plays and musicals. At Patriot Hills Golf Club, seniors can tackle an 18-hole golf course. Seniors can take day trips to nearby Knoxville to enjoy the city’s many attractions, museums and historical sites.
- Over 89% of Tennessee’s communities have a lower crime rate than Jefferson City, which may concern some seniors. In Jefferson City, the property crime rate is 44.69 per 1,000 residents, and people who live here have a one in 22 chance of becoming a victim of a property crime. Fortunately, the violent crime rate is much lower at only 3.83 per 1,000 residents.
- Seniors who retire in Jefferson City may appreciate the area’s mild winters. Winter lows are in the mid-20s, and the city only gets nine inches of snow per year. This is significantly less than the nationwide average of 28 inches per year. In this climate, seniors who enjoy walking outdoors can pursue their hobby for most of the year.
- The Jefferson City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Jefferson Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jefferson City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Jefferson City start around $2,584 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jefferson City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jefferson City
Tennessee’s CHOICES program may help seniors pay for assisted living in Jefferson City. The program doesn’t pay for room-and-board costs, but it may pay for assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jefferson City
Jefferson City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jefferson City, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jefferson City
Jefferson City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Jefferson City, TN
Other Options in Jefferson City, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jefferson City
Review of Chandler House
Chandler House was good. The rooms were excellent and big. They have bingo, exercises, a concert every month, and music. The food was good. Read more
Review of Chandler House
I visited Chandler House. It was a very clean facility. I was impressed with the activities, the setting, and the level of care they had in there. The staff that I met seemed knowledgeable, friendl... Read more
Review of Chandler House
This is a good facility,. They are very caring and tend to treat their residents as family, are concerned about their well being and want them to be happy. Read more