10 Assisted Living Facilities near Lewisburg, PA
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lewisburg area, with 3 in Lewisburg and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lewisburg is $1,835 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lewisburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lewisburg 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Danville with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Lewisburg find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lewisburg, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lewisburg, PA
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Lewisburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lewisburg
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania has a lot to offer its 5,792 residents, including its senior community comprised of 807 people aged 65 and older. Residents can stroll along the tree-lined historic downtown district, the farmer's market and the area's annual festivals and parades. Seniors can get help with difficult tasks of daily living in one of three assisted living facilities in Lewisburg or one of seven located in nearby neighborhoods.
In Lewisburg, as is the case in all of Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities are known as assisted living residences and personal care homes, both of which are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lewisburg
- Pennsylvania is a tax-friendly state where Social Security benefits, retirement savings account income and pensions are not taxed. This could help Lewisburg seniors allocate more money toward their facility expenses.
- The cost of living in Lewisburg is 90.6, lower than both the Pennsylvania average of 100.3 and the U.S. average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for transportation and groceries in the city. Healthcare expenses, however, are higher than both the national and state averages at 115.2, something for seniors who have chronic conditions or who require frequent doctor visits to consider before moving to the area.
- The Lewisburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Evangelical Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lewisburg’s low crime rates may make this city ideal for seniors who are looking for a safe city to retire in. The city has a violent crime rate of 16.5 and a property crime rate of 21.6, both notably lower than the respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- Seniors with severe respiratory issues may have trouble breathing in Lewisburg. The city has an air quality rating of 46 on a scale where lower numbers equate to lower air quality. This is 12 points lower than the national average of 46.
- Year-round temperatures in Lewisburg fluctuate between 19 and 84 degrees. The city gets 42 inches of rain each year, four more than the national average of 38 inches, and 31 inches of annual snowfall, three more than the national average of 28 inches, both of which could pose issues for seniors who use mobility aids.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lewisburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Lewisburg start around $1,835 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lewisburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lewisburg
Pennsylvania does not help with assisted living costs through it's state Medicaid program. Seniors who qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) supplement may be able to use it to help pay for assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lewisburg
Lewisburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lewisburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lewisburg
Lewisburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lewisburg, PA
Other Options in Lewisburg, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lewisburg
Review of Elmcroft of Lewisburg
Elmcroft of Lewisburg was a very nice facility. The rooms were nice. They gave us some sample cinnamon buns. The cafeteria was very attractive, and the food seemed very nice. The staff answered all... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Lewisburg
Elmcroft of Lewisburg was very nice, but I didn't see a whole lot of activities there, just people watching TV and sitting on their chairs. They had both rooms and apartments. The staff was very ni... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Lewisburg
I didn’t expect to like Elmcroft, but I did. We saw the people eating in the dining room there, and they seemed very friendly. We went on a tour of all the rooms, and I liked it, but we’re not goin... Read more