8 Assisted Living Facilities near Williamsport, PA
Also serving communities of South Williamsport, Woolrich, Lock Haven, Mill Hall.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Williamsport area, with 4 in Williamsport and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Williamsport. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Williamsport 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Montoursville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Williamsport, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Williamsport, PA
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Williamsport, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Williamsport
The city of Williamsport, which is dubbed "The Birthplace of Little League Baseball," is home to several parks, a community swimming pool and a senior center. It has over 28,000 residents and a senior community that makes up about 13% of the population. Seniors thinking about assisted living have four facilities in Williamsport to choose from, and there are four more in the nearby cities of South Williamsport and Montoursville.
In Williamsport and throughout Pennsylvania, these facilities are divided into two categories, including personal care homes, which are governed by the Department of Public Welfare, and assisted living residences, which are governed by the Department of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Williamsport
- The overall crime rate in Williamsport is a little higher than the national average. On a 100-point scale, the city's violent crime rate is about two points higher than the national average at 25, and the property crime rate is about 11 points higher than the national average at 46.8. Seniors seeking local assisted living services may want to find out how the facilities they tour keep residents safe.
- Williamsport's air quality is decent with relatively low ozone pollution levels. Seniors, particularly those with cardiovascular or respiratory conditions, may benefit from the city's clean air.
- Williamsport is an affordable place to live, which may result in more affordable assisted living expenses. Its overall cost of living is about 17% lower than the state and national average, mainly because of the city's low housing costs.
- Pennsylvania's sales tax rate is among the 20 lowest in the country, though its property tax rate is slightly higher than average. Social Security income and withdrawals from retirement savings accounts are fully exempt from state income tax, and pension income is exempt for taxpayers aged 60 and over. This may leave more money in the budget for assisted living for Williamsport seniors.
- The Williamsport area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UPMC Susquehanna Williamsport Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
River Valley Transit provides public transportation services in Williamsport. The service operates over a dozen routes throughout the region, as well as a trolley during the summer months. Seniors aged 65 and over ride for free.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Williamsport
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Williamsport start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Williamsport and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Williamsport
While there are no programs in Pennsylvania that directly cover assisted living, Williamsport seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income may use this cash benefit to cover assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Williamsport
Williamsport and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Williamsport, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Williamsport
Williamsport-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Williamsport, PA
Other Options in Williamsport, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Williamsport
Review of The Williamsport Home
The Williamsport Home had two different areas. One was almost like an efficiency apartment, but they kept the stove turned off and had a refrigerator and a microwave. Another section was just rooms... Read more
Review of Willow View Personal Care Home
My dad is in Willow View Personal Care. It has been very good. I have been up there several times. The place is clean. The food is decent. He has been there probably two months now. He is in a semi... Read more
Review of The Williamsport Home
Williamsport Home had a couple of levels of care: independent living and assisted living. The sanitation was all good. The dining area was nice and offered three meals a day for the assisted living... Read more