9 Assisted Living Facilities near Danville, PA
Also serving communities of Washingtonville, Bloomsburg, Shamokin, Orangeville, Kulpmont.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Danville area, with 4 in Danville and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Danville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Danville 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lewisburg with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Danville, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Danville, PA
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Danville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Danville
Danville is a quaint historic town in north-central Pennsylvania, surrounded by the green wooded mountains southwest of Wilkes-Barre, in rural Montour County. Danville is home to about 4,700 people, 17% percent of whom are seniors aged 65 or over.
The small town of Danville has nine assisted living facilities in operation to look after local seniors. These facilities, like all of the residential care communities in the state, are overseen by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Resources Assisted Living Residence Licensing division, which inspects and reports on residential properties.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Danville
- The weather in Danville is highly seasonal, with balmy summers and cool winters that can be an issue for seniors who are sensitive to the cold. Summer highs in Danville average 83 degrees, while winter lows average 18. The Danville area gets 42.5 inches of rain a year.
- The cost of living in Danville is generally lower than the cost of living nationwide. Costs for all common expenses combined are roughly 7% lower in Danville than the national average, and the median new home costs $133,500. Some expenses in Danville are higher than average. Healthcare, for example, costs seniors in Danville 15% more, on average, than the typical cost nationwide.
- Crime rates in Danville are very close to the national average. Across all categories of crime, rates in Danville are almost exactly on the national median. Much of the local crime rate is property offenses. Larceny, for example, is 5% more common in Danville than nationwide. Seniors in Danville are relatively safe, as the town has a lower than average violent crime rate.
- Seniors can get around the Danville area on Montour County Transit (MCT). MCT operates an on-demand transit service seniors can book in-county on 24 hours' notice or 48 hours for out-of-county trips. Vehicles are all ADA-compliant and wheelchair service is available. MCT operates on weekdays only, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Danville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Danville State Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Danville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Columbia-Montour Aging Office, an organization that provides in-home services, such as caregiving, meal delivery, education, senior health services, and one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Danville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Danville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Danville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Danville
Seniors in Danville who need assistance paying the costs of assisted living can use SSI to help offset the costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Danville
Danville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Danville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Danville
Danville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Danville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Danville
Review of Vintage Knolls
I wasn't too impressed with Vintage Knolls. It had a congested feeling and was super impersonal. The rooms were very nice, definitely adequate and clean. They had some really nice areas for relaxin... Read more
Review of Nazareth Memory Center at Maria Joseph
My mother was in Nazareth Memory Center. She fell a number of times, and was in and out of the hospital because they were understaffed. They gave her so many drugs that she couldnt walk anymore. I... Read more
Review of Vintage Knolls
I am in Vintage Knolls, and the rooms are very nice. You have your choice of small, medium, or large-sized rooms, and I chose the medium. I participate in bingo. Overall, it’s nice, but I am not sa... Read more