Hillside Senior Living Community

Reviews of Hillside Senior Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Hillside Senior Living Community

April 06, 2015

By Susan104610250

The woman who gave the tour at Hillside was wonderful. The rooms looked great; spacious, and very convenient to get to. They actually had a group of seniors enjoying the activity room -- they were bowling with a Wii. They have Bingo and puzzles, they have visits from like the local Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts, so the seniors can enjoy the children, and they have church services -- lots of stuff. I was actually impressed with the tour guide. She showed the place completely and answered any questions. The staff seemed very helpful and, again, they have a lot of activities for the people to enjoy, and the place was very clean.

December 26, 2014

My mother-in-law was in Hillside. We lived in the area before. The staff was absolutely wonderful. We moved in with no problem, and they were just very nice to us. They took very good care of her, but she just did not care to be in that situation. It had nothing to do with the home because the home was wonderful. It was beautiful, clean, warm, and the meals were great. However, she was very strong willed, and she just did not care to be away from home. She was in a single room, and it was lovely. It was situated at the end of the hallway and right outside her room was a sitting room, sort of like a sun porch. There was a patio right outside the sliding door, and she could go out there and sit. They could visit, and it was just like a little living room for her. Then she had her bedroom, but it was really just a one room that we had for her with a little extra, and it was very nice. The staff was nice. The maintenance staff was also nice. We had nothing against them. In fact, we went back, thanked them, and brought the staff little presents. The food was very nice. They had menus where they could choose whatever they wanted and how much they wanted. They were also very cooperative that way. The dining room was upstairs, and they had an elevator. They could sit in small groups of maybe four or five people at one table, and it was very nice. They had so many things that she was involved in. They had arts & crafts, baking, and they even took them on trips to the local mall. They took them on a day trip on a river boat not too far from there. They took them on a little river cruise, and they cooked dinner for them along the bank. It was beautiful.

September 16, 2014

I liked my visit to Hillside Senior living, and I loved the dining room. The staff was very friendly. I thought the room was a little small, but they have lovely porches and the garden is neat. The sanitation was good. They have movies, church, and Bingo.

May 29, 2014

By Mary84670650

My mom is living in Hillside. The attitude of the employees is excellent. The rooms and apartments are very nice and comfortable. The food is really good. They have activities like music night, movie night, bingo, and social hours with breakfast. They do fun things on holidays and a variety of things that are really good. The best thing I like about the community is that it is very home-like, and the people really do care.

September 22, 2012

By vincent150

The Hillside looked to be a great assisted living facility. The atmosphere was very good and one of the major things my grandparents enjoyed about it. They had arts and crafts, several other get events which would allow them to meet other people. One major advantage was full sized kitchens, several other places that they looked at only had small/half kitchens. The only downside was it does have an old feel to it with the furniture, but it may make my grandparents feel more at home. All the food is included when living in the Hillside which can be a very good thing depending on each persons situation. If they are not capable of making their own food it is something you will not have to worry about they get 3 meals a day, and I believe a few snacks. As mentioned before there is a full kitchen to make your own meals. They have 24/7 emergency services which is one of the most important features any family would want to have for their loved ones to know they are in good hands. Overall this is a very nice assisted living facility.

Costs for Hillside Senior Living Community

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Personal Care Home License through PA Dept of Human Services
  • State Licenses: 219150

About Hillside Senior Living Community

At The Hillside senior living in Montoursville, Pennsylvania, we have a staff devoted to providing the best care and attention to seniors! We believe that caring people make a difference, and it shows in everything from our knowledgeable staff to the expansive list of amenities and services we offer.

Our elegant senior community provides Personal Care for those who need a little assistance as well as a variety of healthcare services. The Hillside's focus is to allow residents to feel comfortable while encouraging them to maintain as much independence as possible. Our 24-hour on-site staff helps families to have peace of mind, knowing that their loved ones' needs are being met around the clock.

Map of Hillside Senior Living Community