4 Assisted Living Facilities near Oxford, OH
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oxford area, with 1 in Oxford and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oxford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oxford 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oxford, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Oxford, OH
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Oxford, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oxford
Review of Knolls of Oxford
The knolls is actually two facilities- a larger retirement community with small, independent living condominiums and a single assisted living facility. I inhabit the former. The grounds are clean a... Read more
Assisted Living near Butler County, OH
More Options Near Oxford, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oxford
Oxford is located in Butler County, Ohio, just 28 miles northwest of Cincinnati. The city is home to Miami University and was rated “Best College Town” in 2014 by Forbes Magazine. Oxford's population is just under 23,000 with 6.9 percent of residents over the age of 65. These seniors can choose from one assisted living facility in Oxford and three in the surrounding areas. These communities are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health and are called Residential Care Facilities (RCFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oxford
- Seniors on a budget may benefit from residing in Oxford as the cost of living here is 8.3 percent lower than the U.S. average. Housing, transportation, grocery and health care costs are all below national medians.
- The climate in Oxford is seasonal, with cold winters reaching lows of 21 degrees Fahrenheit in January, and hot, humid summers with highs of 85 degrees in July. The city gets an average of 18 inches of snow and 42 inches of rain per year. These extreme weather conditions may have an impact on seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
- Oxford has several museums to keep seniors occupied, such as the Miami Art Museum, the William H. McGuffey House and Museum and the Hefner Museum of Natural History. Seniors who enjoy outdoor activities can visit Hueston Woods State Park. Oxford Seniors also provides day trips and multi-day excursions to area attractions.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Oxford as the crime rate here is relatively low. Violent and property crimes are below U.S. averages with scores of 23.6 and 37.2 respectively. The city is safer than 25 percent of other U.S. cities.
- Seniors who do not drive can take advantage of half-price fares on BCRTA public buses, which provide two routes going through town. The Senior Transportation program provides adults aged 60 and over with van service to medical appointments, shopping and social activities.
- Oxford has an array of community resources for seniors, including Oxford Seniors, an organization that provides services such as transportation, luncheons, nutritional programs and outreach to seniors as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oxford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Oxford start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oxford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oxford
Seniors in need of financial assistance for assisted living in Oxford may apply through Ohio’s Assisted Living Waiver Program. The PASSPORT Medicaid Waiver program is also an option for seniors to help pay for other services, such as assistance with daily living activities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oxford
Oxford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oxford, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oxford
Oxford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.