The Woodlands of Hamilton

Reviews of The Woodlands of Hamilton

Assisted Living Reviews for The Woodlands of Hamilton

August 17, 2018

By kailismom

We were initially pleased with this facility for my mother, but then a change in ownership a few years ago led to a significant decline in the quality of care, consistency of care (high turnover), and maintenance of the space. We moved her elsewhere after negligence of staff (leaving her alone in the shower) was not reported and was later denied by management (even after being confirmed by other staff). I don't expect perfection--mistakes happen--but combined with other declines in care and maintenance, the lack of transparency and recognition of responsibility was unacceptable. I hope that things have improved since then.

July 30, 2018

By DN

The Woodlands of Hamilton is a very friendly place and my mom has already moved in. I think they serve the residents very well. The rooms are extremely clean. They have efficiencies, 2-room apartments, and all of it is very nicely taken care of. The food was very good. They offer daily activities and field trip once a week. They also have guest artists and concerts that come in right at the venue once in a while. The value is excellent. The other thing that I liked about it is they have a limit on the number of residents that they'll be assisting at any given time and it also looks like there's not a lot of turnover of staff which is really important.

April 11, 2017

By Linda857374

My husband is going into Woodlands. It is excellent, and the layout is fine. They have activities going on for all levels of people. The dementia and Alzheimer's unit is very nice. I would recommend it.

March 28, 2017

By tarnished angel

My brothers, father and I visited this facility looking for a place for our father. A progressive place going from assisted living to needing memory care for (dementia/Alzheimer's) There was staff seen interacting with residents, Management interacting. Nice common areas. Residents seen and happy. We had to literally toss a coin to pick the facility we chose for our father to become a resident of.

February 07, 2017

By Michael862610

I liked The Woodlands of Hamilton very much. I spent an extra time like maybe three hours, so I got to know a couple of the people that run the place very well; plus they have kept in contact with me over the past couple of months. They have a small memory care lane; it’s divided up into two 12-resident sections, and they do have a very good staff. The pricing is very reasonable. I liked the way it’s set up. They have separate dining rooms, the people are able to choose from a large menu even the memory care lane. The pricing was good, but again there’s no place to exercise or walk, and they don’t take the residents out anywhere.

June 10, 2016

By Charles632862

My mom was in The Woodlands of Hamilton before. I think it’s overpriced for the level of care that you get. The staff is not friendly, and they don’t react quick enough to the needs. The atmosphere was very good. The rooms were a comparable size and nice. They could improve on their attention to the residents.

February 15, 2016

By Kevin25

Woodlands was close to me, but we were not happy with it. They were encouraging me to place mom in the memory care unit because she had a dog. It looked like at one time it was a wonderful facility, but as far as general care, repairs, and upkeep goes, they weren't as good as they should be.

July 31, 2014

My mother has been at Woodlands of Hamilton for several years. It is very nice. I'm very happy with the staff. We have a private room for her. It is a large room with a kitchenette and stand-up shower. The food is adequate and the dining room is okay.

Memory Care Reviews for The Woodlands of Hamilton

Questions about The Woodlands of Hamilton

What places are near The Woodlands of Hamilton or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Banks, shopping & YMCA

What transportation services does The Woodlands of Hamilton offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to and from doctor appointments on Tuesday and Thursday's

What makes the chef or dining program at The Woodlands of Hamilton exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer 1 main entrée for lunch and dinner, we also have a large anytime menu

What safety features or security measures does The Woodlands of Hamilton offer to assisted living residents?

Wander guard system in assisted living

Photos of The Woodlands of Hamilton

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Ach

• State Licenses: #2268R

About The Woodlands of Hamilton

Enjoy thoughtful amenities in a warm, homelike environment at The Woodlands of Hamilton, an Assisted Living and Memory Care community nestled in the west side of Hamilton, Ohio. From thoughtfully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans to world-class services such as medication administration and palliative care, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our apartments offer comforts, conveniences and safety features designed to enrich life for seniors - spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers, emergency call buttons in every apartment and all utilities except basic cable paid. Community amenities enhance that carefree lifestyle even more with comfortable spaces to watch programming on a big-screen TV or challenge a neighbor to a friendly game of billiards or cards. We also feature a full calendar of activities with weekly shopping outings and scenic bus rides that allow our residents to get out and explore the city without transportation worries. Our 24-hour caring staff focuses on residents' quality of life not only with professional Assisted Living and Memory Care support services but also with palliative care relying on input from nurses, chaplains, social workers, psychologists and other healthcare professionals including our house doctor, podiatrist and dietician.

Map of The Woodlands of Hamilton