16 Assisted Living Facilities near Westfield, NJ
Also serving communities of Cranford, Fanwood, Linden.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Westfield area, with 2 in Westfield and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Westfield is $5,964 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Mountainside with an average starting cost of $4,838.
To help you with your search, browse the 161 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Westfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Westfield 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Summit with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Westfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Westfield, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Westfield
The fire station in Westfield, NJ, started as a volunteer bucket brigade in 1875 and is one of the oldest institutions in the town, which is now home to 29,881 people, 14.2% of whom are aged 65 and older. There's a senior center available for those in this age group to gather for communal meals, social activities and helpful services, and seniors can also stroll through the town's parks to stay fit.
For seniors who require help with the tasks of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities in town and 14 others in nearby communities. In New Jersey, including Westfield, assisted living facilities are regulated and licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Westfield
- The cost of living in Westfield is 206, more than 70 points higher than the state's average, 133, and the national average, 100. This is driven by housing costs that are four times the national average. This may present an economic challenge to families moving here to be closer to seniors in assisted living facilities.
- The violent and property crime rates of 7 and 19, respectively, are much lower than the corresponding national averages of 22.7 and 19.0. This may help assisted living residents feel more confident while running errands in town.
- Seniors who like changing temperatures may appreciate the annual temperature range of 21 to 86. However, Westfield receives 50 inches of rain, 12 inches higher than the national average, which may aggravate conditions susceptible to moist weather conditions, such as asthma or arthritis.
- According to the EPA, Westfield's air quality, at 52, is six points lower than the national average. This may be a slight concern for seniors with respiratory issues such as COPD.
- In Westfield and the rest of New Jersey, seniors don't pay taxes on income from Social Security, but IRAs and other retirement accounts are subject to taxation on a sliding scale. Seniors on a tight budget may want to plan accordingly.
- Westfield has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Summit.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Westfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Westfield start around $5,702 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Westfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Westfield
New Jersey seniors who qualify for Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) may be able to receive assistance with the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Westfield
Westfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Westfield, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Westfield
Westfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Westfield
Review of Sunrise of Westfield
Sunrise of Westfield was fantastic. It was very nice, well run, and very clean. The staff was very nice. I saw the kitchens, the meeting rooms, the conference rooms, the restaurant where you sit do... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Westfield
Sunrise of Westfield is literally right down the street from me. I always admire how beautiful it is. The people in it are unbelievable. They're great and very good to my mother. They treat her rea... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Westfield
I really didn’t like Sunrise of Westfield. The only thing I liked perhaps is the lady that greeted me in the Alzheimer's unit. She was very nice, very welcoming, and very friendly. However, when yo... Read more