19 Assisted Living Facilities near Gulf Breeze, FL
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gulf Breeze area, with 6 in Gulf Breeze and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gulf Breeze is $3,189 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Pensacola with an average starting cost of $3,017.
To help you with your search, browse the 146 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gulf Breeze. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gulf Breeze 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pace with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gulf Breeze, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Gulf Breeze, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gulf Breeze
Located in Santa Rosa County on the Fair Point Peninsula, Gulf Breeze, Fla. is a small town of just over 6,000 residents with a large senior population of over 17 percent. It is home to five assisted living facilities (ALFs) with another 20 in surrounding areas, like Pensacola, Cantonment, Pace and Milton. In Gulf Breeze and the rest of the state, ALFs are regulated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). The organization also works to reduce the number of people who are uninsured across the state. ALFs provide a variety of basic services, including housing, personal care, health monitoring, mental health care and social and leisure activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gulf Breeze
- Gulf Breeze has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging of West Florida, a nonprofit organization that provides services like Meals on Wheels and the Foster Grandparent and Senior Companion Program, as well as three senior centers.
- The Gulf Breeze area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Gulf Breeze Baptist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- Afternoon showers aren’t uncommon during the spring and summer months in Gulf Breeze. The area has average daytime highs near 90 degrees Fahrenheit in July. Gulf Breeze typically receives no snowfall, which is ideal for those escaping cold winters.
- The cost of living in Gulf Breeze is higher than the United States average and higher than most cities in Florida. This might be a factor for those on a budget or with limited monthly means.
- Compared with the rest of the United States and other cities in the state, Gulf Breeze enjoys a lower crime rate. The town ranks 20.9 on the 100-point index for violent crime, whereas the Pensacola metro area ranks 58.7.
- The Escambia County Area Transit System is an excellent way for seniors to get around the area. Discounted fares are given to seniors or persons with disabilities. Find a Ride also connects seniors with available transportation within the area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gulf Breeze
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Gulf Breeze start around $3,189 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gulf Breeze and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gulf Breeze
Seniors in the Gulf Breeze area and other Florida cities who are looking for ALFs may be eligible for state assistance. This includes the Statewide Managed Medicaid Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC) and the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gulf Breeze
Gulf Breeze and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gulf Breeze, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gulf Breeze
Gulf Breeze-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Gulf Breeze, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gulf Breeze
Review of Watermark of Gulf Breeze
My mom was a resident for 2.5 years. While there she fell at least three times, breaking her shoulder and causing other injuries. She also had items stolen while there. She passed away at this f... Read more
Review of The Beacon at Gulf Breeze
We found the Beacon at Gulf Breeze for my mother, and it's very good. It's pleasant, and the staff is supportive and friendly. The room is nice, clean, adequate, and the size is fine. The dining ar... Read more
Review of Gulf Breeze Courtyard
I thought Gulf Breeze Courtyard was too institutionalized, and it didnt smell really good. I really didnt see much. They had a TV and dining room. Their halls were so long and skinny. It would ha... Read more