Brookdale Fort Walton Beach

233 Carmel Drive, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Brookdale Fort Walton Beach (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 2 days

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Fort Walton Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Fort Walton Beach

August 11, 2014

By Bettie1

The lady at Wellington Place of Ft. Walton Beach was very patient with me. She took all the time in the world to answer my questions and I couldn’t ask for more. I was able to visit the dining room and I was told that they would give you a menu and you can have some choices. I am diabetic and they told me that they are able to accommodate diabetic diet. The room was small, but it was nice and everything is clean too. There are still a lot of thing that I didn’t know about the facility, but I did not find anything that I disliked.

February 01, 2014

I heard about Wellington Place from friends. The rooms and the staff are all super. The food is very good. They have everything she wants to do and they bring her out on outings. She's fine there. I like best the care that they give her. She adjusted well.

September 19, 2013

By Kent4

Wellington Place is very nice. If she needed more assistance that would probably be the place, I will put her. The rooms were nice. I liked the personal assistance when I went there. The place was recommended by my financial adviser and his family lived there.

August 10, 2013

By caring98831

I heard good things about it Wellington Place. The staff are excellent. The rooms are very nice. The activities are very good. They have bingos and movie nights. It's the best for my mom and she is happy there.

November 16, 2012

By David14

We like everything about Brookdale Senior Living. It is a very nice facility with nice employees and it was convenient for us with regard to the location. They've showed us all the rooms and everything before we decided that it would be a good place for us. Right now, they're doing some upgrades to the actual infrastructure and once it's done, it will be great.

October 25, 2012

By Kristina3

There are not many choices for elderly care in my town. I visited this one and liked it. The staff were all very nice and seemed genuinely concerned about the residents. They took me on a tour of the entire facility. Letting me take as much time as I needed. The common areas were very nice. All was warm and cozy. The food looked and smelled great! I was very impressed with that. I liked the variety of activities that are offered to the residents. The outside was nice as well. I am glad that in took the time to visit. It is a place I will consider for my family in the future.

October 23, 2012

By Sugar2

The first thing I noticed was how nice the place was, it reminded me of a hotel, in a good way. It was clean and kept up. They treated family members and friends of the patients with respect. I appreciated not having the feeling of being "in the way" the entire time, like I have with past assisted living centers. The cooks their were on break, and we great company to talk to while waiting to see my friend, she even offered us coffee. I was able to have a long chat with my friend plus one of the nurses. She was very nice and attributed to the conversation. I am young, and my friend is far older than me, but she is not senile. She is smarter than many of the youth I'm friends with, and a much better friend as well. I appreciate knowing she will be treated with dignity at this center and I look forward to visiting her again in the future.

April 28, 2012

By commercesd

We went to visit Wellington Place of Ft. Walton Beach assisted living facility since we were looking at places for my friend's mother to live. The outside grounds had many exotic plants that were extraordinarily vibrant. The circular drive provided easy access. The interior foyer was fresh, bright and spacious. The facility offers plenty of amenities - like social enrichment activities within the community. The lunch we saw was like you might find in an upscale diner. They also had a private dining room for friends and family to enjoy. The restaurant style dining area was fresh and bright with a light color scheme. The staff takes residents on weekly outings for shopping and entertainment. The exercise area had nicely appointed equipment and offered exercise classes. The spacious private rooms were nicely personalized with comfortable furniture and colors. This assisted living facility offers residents flexibility and comfort. The respectful and professional staff is kind and caring.

Questions about Brookdale Fort Walton Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff receive initial dementia care training upon hire that provides guidance and techniques in supporting those residents with dementia and memory care needs. Monthly our associates receive in person in service training reviewing dementia care and working directly with residents with dementia needs from our Clare Bridge Program Manager. Additionally they receive monthly training through our intensive computer based training programs.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Fort Walton Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

With an average age of 84, most of thes population radiates a young-at-heart vibe. Walking club is often accompanied by upbeat jams and impromptu dance sessions. Some other favorite activities include shopping, exploring the city, hosting parties, and the ever-competitive Quarter BINGO. Friendships become family, and when age slows one of our residents down, they are still embraced as valued members of the community.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Fort Walton Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

BP offers activities for all levels of engagement. In addition to daily fitness opportunities, residents are offered multiple opportunities to enjoy church services, musical entertainment, outings (including out of state), memory & brain stimulation, holiday celebrations, and times to be involved independently in parallel with others. Residents that enjoy working alone may stop by the Gallery or Activities Room and bring items back to their apartments. BP frequently partners with local groups to bring a variety of entertainment to the community.

What places are near Brookdale Fort Walton Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Conveniently located near major medical care facilities.

What transportation services does Brookdale Fort Walton Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to medical appointments, local restaurants and shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Fort Walton Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef has been with Brookdale for over 11 years. Residents can expect a nutritious, well-balanced menu that includes food from all walks of life, which THEY help design. Seasonal or local tastes, family traditions, special memories, or holidays are all incorporated as part of the dining experience. Our menus are approved by a dietician with the aging adult in mind. Residents have multiple outlets to share ideas for new or different menu options, in a way that they are comfortable with, including Menu Chat Meetings, the Resident Suggestion binder, comment cards, and directly with staff. Our Dining Service Coordinator leads a strong culinary team that understand the importance of food safety, honoring resident preference, offering a variety of options, and being open to feedback & making adjustments..

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Fort Walton Beach offer to assisted living residents?

Community safety is one of the top priorities at BP. We prepare physically and mentally for situations that may arise. Multiple emergency pull cords are located in all of the apartments, as well as strategically around the community. Pendants (necklaces or bracelets) are offered but not required. Exit doors have a primary and secondary security system. We detect for both smoke & carbon monoxide and our fire systems are monitored by a 3rd party for the quickest response if ever needed. Due to our geographic location, we maintain preparations for natural disasters year-round. All associates are routinely in-serviced and trained for real life situations, to ensure that when time is of the essence, staff respond rather than react.

How does Brookdale Fort Walton Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Open communication with calls from community as needed, scheduled and impromptu family meetings, emails to families en masse for upcoming events or community updates, and texts & emails with ED and HWD if family’s preference.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Fort Walton Beach during daytime and nighttime hours?

Brookdale staffs to the direct needs of our residents. Every resident receives an individualized care plan that provides detailed information about the care needs of the resident. This system collectively provides the amount of staffing needed to provide the best care for our residents. This always meets the state regulations and most often exceeds the recommendation of state.

If Brookdale Fort Walton Beach accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our pets are welcome in all areas of the community, with the exception of where food is being served. We ask that pets are on a leash at all times in the common areas, but allow them to go off-leash in the central courtyard to allow them to exert energy & have fun. In addition to dogs and cats, BP accepts most domesticated animals as pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

In addition to the extensive training that associates receive prior to beginning their journeys with Brookdale, they also receive ongoing monthly training that focuses on aging adults, safety, dementia, and other relevant topics. Associates collaborate with community leadership to ensure that the specific needs of the community’s current resident population are addressed.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Fort Walton Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

Secured Memory care unit and AL has pendent system for those who needed the extra security.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Fort Walton Beach offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Brookdale Columbus utilizes the Clare Bridge program which focuses on engaging residents of all abilities. This program follows “The Daily Path” which provides a reassuring structure, engagement, and physical/mental stimulation. Residents follow a structured daily routine that includes meal services, mental and physical workouts, refreshments, creative arts and crafts, and musical engagement.

Our Health and Wellness Director assesses residents prior to admission, upon admission, 15-30 days after admission, and then quarterly for the extent of the residents stay at our community. In addition, if the resident has a change in their condition we also complete a new assessment at that time.

What techniques does Brookdale Fort Walton Beach use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Residents start their meals with our Refresh program which helps not only with hygiene but engaging the senses and encouraging appetite. Meals are served restaurant style with multiple meal options available. Brookdale will accommodate different diet needs, and can prepare foods in several ways to encourage independence and maintain the dignity of the residents.

How does Brookdale Fort Walton Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have care conference meetings quarterly to keep families up to date with the overall wellbeing of their loved one. In addition, we will always communicate with our families if there is a change in a resident’s day to day normal.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Fort Walton Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Located in residential neighborhood and a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale? Great Military presence. 3 Air force Bases located within 20 Miles

Is Brookdale Fort Walton Beach affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No true affiliation located near Fort Walton Beach Medical Center

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: LNS
  • State Licenses: AL9903

About Brookdale Fort Walton Beach

Wellington Place of Ft. Walton Beach provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Centrally located in Fort Walton Beach, close to shopping, restaurants, physicians, hospital. Smaller Community, all rooms have to window with a view, handrails thoughout building.

Map of Brookdale Fort Walton Beach