3 Assisted Living Facilities in Crestview, FL
The average cost of assisted living in Crestview is $1,875 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Crestview. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Crestview 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Santa Rosa Beach with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Crestview, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Crestview
The city of Crestview is located in Okaloosa County, Florida and home to several attractions such as the Emerald Coast Zoo and Peaden Brothers Distiller. Seniors considering assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Crestview have an option between six local communities and three nearby ones. Each facility is overseen by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation, a Florida state department responsible for issuing licenses and regulating each facility by approving all procedures from assistance with activities with daily living, such as bathing and getting dressed, to the standard qualifications required by each caretaker.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Crestview
- Seniors living in Crestview save 10 percent on the overall cost of living compared to the national average. Most can expect to save an average of 3.5 on grocery bills, 4 percent on health care, 5 percent on transportation and 3 percent on goods and services in the area.
- Crestview residents experience warm year-round temperatures that average between 50 to 60 degrees during winter and 76 to 80 degrees during summer. Seniors may enjoy the warmer weather here but should be careful walking around outside with high year-round rainfalls making the ground slippery.
- The air quality index (AQI) in Crestview is 37 percent lower than the national average. Seniors with respiratory issues experience better year-round breathing conditions here in comparison to other neighborhoods.
- Crestview has a combined property and violent crime rate that makes it only nine percent safer than other cities in the nation. Seniors should consider the 23.1 percent higher violent crimes and 50.6 percent higher crimes per square mile, comparative to the national averages, before moving here.
- Crestview has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of Crestview's Parks and Recreation, an organization that helps facilitate events and programs for seniors 55 and older at its local senior center.
- Seniors can travel around Okaloosa County through the local EC Rider. Seniors can apply for a fare discount online and download an app to check for scheduling.
Paying for Assisted Living in Crestview
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Crestview start around $1,875 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Crestview and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Crestview
Crestview offers aid to seniors seeking financial assistance with one Medicaid program and four state programs. These include the Florida Medicaid, Managed Care Waiver Long-Term Care Program (MLTC), Medicaid State Plan, Assistive Care Services (ACS), optional state supplement (OSS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Crestview
Crestview and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Crestview, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Crestview
Crestview-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Crestview, FL
Other Options in Crestview, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Crestview
Review of Carington Manor
Carington Manor is more geared towards people that have dementia. My mother didn't really fit in there because she doesn't have a dementia diagnosis, but it was my favorite of all the places that w... Read more
Review of Carington Manor
Carrington Manor is a 28-bed privately owned community. They dont have very many amenities so to speak, but they have an outdoor patio and a common room, but that's about it. I usually meet the ad... Read more
Review of Crestview Manor
I LIVE IN CRESTVIEW MANOR AND AM VERY HAPPY WITH STAFF AND MANAGER. Read more