The Waterford at Creekside

Reviews of The Waterford at Creekside

Memory Care Reviews for The Waterford at Creekside

February 01, 2020

By Grace

The experience I have had here is outstanding. From the clean rooms, good food and friendly staff. If you are looking for a place that truly cares about their residents - this is it.

November 13, 2019

By STAT

Other

This place is very secure for the Memory Care Residents, but not only is it secure- they have a great marketing team like no other!! they are easy to work with, fun to talk with, and with the professionalism it makes my job easy- If you want a personal and friendly experience, visit with any of their staff, all around welcoming and helpful. they will go out of their way to assist any needs you have for your loved one!! Keep it going Creekside!!

October 05, 2019

By AE

I didn't like The Waterford at Creekside at all. It's an old facility, and it smelled mildewy and musky. I didn't like the way everything was separate. Nothing was under the same roof. It had different cottages, which I didn't care for. Each cottage was almost like a small house, and it was not very personal. The kitchen area was small as well.

We are sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. We take feedback from our customers very seriously and will share with management for opportunities for improvement.

April 23, 2019

By Koren

My mother is at The Waterford at Creekside and we like it. They have nice cottages, which only have a maximum of 14 people and two caregivers at each time. She's in the memory care unit. They have nice yards with flowers big enough for them to walk around, but they can't get out because it's all gated. They have the kitchen, the common room, and L-shaped hallways to the rooms. The cleanliness, the staff, and the food are really good. They have birthday parties in the common ballroom, they get manicures, and an entertainer comes in and sings. The nurses and caretakers have been great, and they've been there for years. It smelled really good every time I've been there around lunchtime, and she's been eating pretty good. The grounds are kept up really nice with grass and flowers, and there's gazebo in each yard and a nice porch.

November 10, 2018

By Nolte

My mom was at Pacifica Senior Living (Waterford) for three years, and as she regressed, the care stayed excellent. They kept us involved with everything. I thought they took very good care of her. The people were great. When my brother and I were going to visit, we used to bring doughnuts for the people. That’s how nice they were. They had 12 or 14 people in a cottage and each cottage was set up at the level that they think the person was progressing to. There were seven levels, and as they progressed from level 1, they move you into a different area to be with everybody in the same type of level, so they can all get the correct medical experience.

January 04, 2018

By Bookworm9162

This community puts on a great sales pitch about how they are equipped to handle all stages of Alzheimer's, but that was not the case in my experience. This facility is NOT equipped to handle an exit seeking resident. My parent escaped the facility once, simply because an visiting aide let him/her out of the security gate. They are extremely lax in their protocols. Nurse practitioners weren't required to sign in/out of the facility and when I tried to verify if my parent had been administered a new med, they could not tell me because they had either forgotten to give it to her, or failed to log the medication. When I attempted to confront them, they blamed my parent for their failure and when I asked for a refund for the 30 days after I moved my parent, they refused to return my calls and letter. Since my parent moved out, they have been scrambling to change their protocols regarding logs and gate codes, etc. At the end of the day, even if they fix all of the above, they still do not have sufficient staff to handle exit-seeking residents. They should not advertise that they can handle such a person.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We take all feedback seriously and are sorry for your experience. We are committed to continuous quality service and care in a safe environment. Your feedback has been shared with the management team to look at your experience and concerns. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.

May 08, 2017

By Laura066617

The Waterford at Creekside is one of the best places I looked at for my husband. It has things that interested me that would be of help to him. The rooms are OK, comfortable-looking, and suitable for different needs. Things can be brought from home to make rooms more likable for the occupants, which appealed to me. My husband seems to like the food. They have exercise and outside activities, like gardening. The staff is great, patient, and encouraging. I am very pleased with them, and I very much like it.

May 08, 2017

By YB

The Waterford was a little bit depressing, but the staff was fantastic, and they were more than helpful, but they told me I had to show up here without telling him where he was going. Their individual and the way they interviewed me, they would put my dad in a gated locked area, and he is not in that now. There were few things that I talked about with them but I was not comfortable putting him in. They have a yard enclosed in a chain link fence. Each individual building has a yard, and the fencing is locked.

January 26, 2017

By c blakemore

I am very grateful to have found this facility for my mother Cathy who is a resident in cottage 6.. I visit 3-4 times a week and mom is always clean and so is the cottage and her room. Since mom needs a wheelchair it is nice to know she will be dressed and ready to go on their transport bus when we have a doctors appointment. Special thanks also to the nursing staff and office staff you put my mind at ease knowing mom is well taken care of

November 16, 2016

By Bill1947

My wife has been a resident for three months now. I was impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the cleanliness of the Cottages. I like that the residents are grouped by their cognitive ability which allows for a more stable environment. I have eaten there several times and the food is excellent. They prepare individual breakfasts in each cottage. The atmosphere is friendly and the staff treat each resident patiently and lovingly. I have Never heard anyone raise their voice to a resident or staff member. I highly recommend Creekside to anyone who wants only the very best for their loved one.

November 01, 2016

By Barbara480735

I liked the setup at The Waterford; you were in a little area where everybody was around in your mental level, and I liked the concept. The place though looked like a little rundown and needed some work. They showed us a room that really looked beat up; the walls all had holes and things on them, and the shower dripped continually and had rust. The place wasn’t great, and one of the caregivers was yelling really loudly when we went in, but the cleanliness was OK.

September 03, 2016

By Maria267734

The Waterford at Creekside was good. The space was not as big. My mother needed a small facility because she is at risk of falling. The facility was like a home, but I didn't really get that comfortable there. It just didn't feel right.

February 15, 2016

By Liz48

I liked everything in Pacifica. It was clean. The people seemed very confident, helpful, and calm in their knowledge of what to do with their residents. They made the family members very relaxed.

February 15, 2016

By JS10

My mother has been in Pacifica for five months now in the hospice unit because she has to be in a wheelchair and can't do anything. I don't have any complaints. They treat her fairly well, her place is clean, and everything is done for her.

September 29, 2015

By James113939850

I had my wife at Pacifica Senior Living. I chose it because it's relatively close to where we are living. They had smaller cottages with 12 to 15 people per cottage rather than one large facility. The caretakers are really good.

April 16, 2015

My father-in-law is in Pacifica. He has dementia and Alzheimer's, and they are good with him and everything; they are really good people, and it is not really that we are looking so much just to get him out of there because they have been able to deal with him well, but you never know when you have a parent in assisted living -- and where they are in a gated community that they have to be cared for -- when they might decide to kick them out. The rooms are nice and clean, and the workers are good. The way it is set up and the cost is really high due to the need for people in this area to be in assisted living. They do a lot of things with them, but he is in a building area where a lot of them are in wheelchairs, and they don't do anything. They do have different things for him to do, and they take him to other buildings where they can do stuff which works fine. They are there with him, and they cook for him and everything. He cannot cook; he is in a locked-down gated area that is a house that has maybe 10 or 12 rooms in it, and there are apartment complexes, so they have like two buildings and one gated area. The one reason that we keep him there is because on all of the paperwork that we signed, if he was to get worse and it comes closer to the end of time for him, he can stay there because the hospice comes to that community service while in the other ones they don't. If he was to get worse, he can stay there, and they would not send him to the hospital.

February 11, 2015

I liked the Pacifica Senior Living. The people we met were really nice, and my general impression was pretty positive. The rooms were not quite as much, but they were still pretty nice.

August 28, 2014

By Joe40

My present wife is in Pacifica Creekside. She is doing very well there. Her regular internist has been very satisfied with her regular medical progress. Regrettably, she is not improving mentally, but physically she is doing very well. They are treating her extremely well. The staff there is outstanding. The facility itself has cottages and each cottage has 12 private bedrooms. Each patient has their own private bedroom with their own private bath. Patients within the cottage eat together. They have group settings. There is a large living room where they sit together. There are activities. In fact, they take them out to do a variety of activities throughout the month. They take them to bowling, to play miniature golf, and to the zoo. They take them down to the National Museum of Naval Aviation. A week ago, they had antique car show at their location. There are a number of activities that they take them to. It is very well run.

December 30, 2013

My dad had stayed in Pacifica Senior Living Creekside for only about two weeks. We were very happy with the community. It was very nice. We had a couple of little issues, but it was more on just trying to figure out how things work. But once we talked to the administrator, it was all fine to us. The rooms were okay and clean. I really could not say anything negative at all. It was all very much like what we expected based on our tour. It had a more homey atmosphere as compared with the others.

November 21, 2012

By LouisL717

We've used Pacifica Senior Living Creekside for respite care only. I have placed my wife there for 5 days back in July and I would not hesitate to put my wife there on a permanent basis when the time comes. It seems to be a really nice place. They do not accept Medicaid though.
See all Memory Care reviews (28) See fewer reviews

Questions about The Waterford at Creekside

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our training is continuous and we have monthly mandatory classes.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Creekside offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Enjoy programming created to meet the individual needs of the residents, including brain stimulation, creative engagement and physical exercise.

For memory care, a senior will have a care assessment prior to signing a lease that will determine the correct level of care and will help the clinical team develop a custom care plan. Along with our own assessment, Capital Senior gets additional information from residents’ doctors about medications, diagnoses and any nursing needs.

What techniques does The Waterford at Creekside use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Special dinnerware and utensils make eating easier for your loved one with dementia, and help maintain independence for longer. Among the products available are forks, spoons and knives with extra-large handles to make gripping easier. Special plate guards, or “food bumpers,” wrap around the edges of plates to prevent spills and simplify scooping up food. There are also “scooper plates” with higher, rounded edges that make eating less messy and simpler.

How does The Waterford at Creekside keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our Wellness Director or nurse would keep the family informed of their loved ones' health. We have an open line of communication.

Describe the neighborhood around The Waterford at Creekside. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The community is located in a business district and is close proximity to West Florida hospital .

Is The Waterford at Creekside affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with a hospital; however, we are located within one mile of West Florida Hospital, 6 miles from Sacred Heart and 8 miles from Baptist Hospital.

Photos of The Waterford at Creekside

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Creekside

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Housing Extra: In Cottage Laundry Services And Housekeeping

• Dining Extra: Our Meals Are Prepared And Served Family Style To Remind Our Residents Of Home

• Features Extra: None

• Technology Extra: Zoom Or Facetime Visits Can Be Scheduled Through The Activities Department

• Pharma

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Ach Direct Bank Draft Is Available

• Licenses: Licensed by AHCA

About The Waterford at Creekside

Find the comfort and care you deserve at The Waterford at Creekside. The senior living community in Pensacola, FL provides residents with a positive, nurturing environment that encourages health and happiness while promoting companionship among residents and staff. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. We offer a variety of benefits geared toward seniors with cognitive impairments, including music and memory services, pet therapy and aromatherapy. As Northwest Florida’s only all-Memory Care community, we provide a support group for families of residents as well as educational seminars that are open to the public. Apartments are divided between several cottages, allowing seniors to be grouped cognitively. Each is equipped with an array of thoughtful amenities, including emergency response systems, cable television access and wide entryways for easy wheelchair access. Seniors are encouraged to stroll our community’s beautifully landscaped courtyards or spend downtime in our lounge with big-screen TV or arts and crafts area. When residents want to shop for new clothes or enjoy an off-site meal, scheduled courtesy transportation is provided. At The Waterford at Creekside, residents have everything they need to enjoy a peaceful life free from the burdens and worries of solitary living.

Map of The Waterford at Creekside