6 Assisted Living Facilities near Foley, AL
Also serving communities of Gulf Shores.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Foley area, with 2 in Foley and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Foley is $3,247 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Fairhope with an average starting cost of $2,717.
To help you with your search, browse the 28 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Foley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Foley 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fairhope with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Foley, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Foley, AL
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Foley, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Foley
Foley, Alabama, is midsized suburban community located in the southern corner of the state. Since 1990, Foley has enjoyed steady growth. Today, it is home to more than 18,000 residents, including a sizable population of senior citizens. Almost one-quarter of its residents are over 62, and 10 percent are over 75. Seniors who are interested in the benefits of assisted living can choose from two facilities in Foley and several additional communities in the greater Daphne-Fairhope area that are licensed by the Alabama Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Foley
- Foley has a typical Gulf Coast climate with hot, humid summers and mild winters. The area gets 66 inches of rain annually, but snow and ice are rare. Residents enjoy 226 days of sunshine and a climate that is more pleasant than most U.S. cities.
- Alabama is generally a tax-friendly state for seniors. While individual retirement accounts are taxed at the standard rate, usually five percent, there is no income tax on Social Security, pensions or military retirement plans. Federal income tax is fully deductible.
- Seniors in Foley enjoy a competitive cost of living that is similar to other parts of Alabama and 10 percent lower than the national average. Affordable housing and transportation prices are responsible for most of the savings. The cost of groceries, utilities and healthcare are on par with the U.S. average.
- The Foley area is home to several quality medical facilities, including the South Baldwin Regional Medical Center and Thomas Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses. Additional medical services are available in Mobile.
- Foley has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Baldwin County Council on Aging and the City of Foley Senior Center, an organization that provides social, educational, health and recreational activities for the young at heart. Nonprofit groups like the Baldwin Senior Travelers organize local and regional trips.
- With the variety of nearby attractions, it is easy for seniors to stay busy. Foley is home to the top-rated Holmes Medical Museum, the 140-store Tanger outlet mall and the Coastal Alabama Farmers' and Fishermen's Market, which was named one of the 13 best in the country.
Paying for Assisted Living in Foley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Foley start around $3,247 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Foley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Foley
Alabama is one of six states that does not offer Medicaid waivers for assisted living. In 2018, Governor Kay Ivey announced plans to expand the state's long-term care programs to cover daily living assistance and medication management. Financial help may be available through the Department of Veterans Affairs and community-based organizations.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Foley
Foley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Foley, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Foley
Foley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Foley
Review of Live Oak Village Independent & Assisted Living
Live Oak is a very nice place. My sister-in-law seems to be doing well and is very happy there. They're very good. The people we have dealt with on her behalf have been wonderful. The food is very ... Read more
Review of Country Place Senior Living of Foley
The general appearance and layout of Country Place was fine, but the vibe wasn't. It didn't have any spark of life or pep. The dining area looked fine and smallish, but OK. They have an exercise ro... Read more
Review of Country Place Senior Living of Foley
I liked the location of Country Place, and the building was really nice, but I did not see any staff inside the building. We went on a tour on the weekend, but I never saw people being assisted. Th... Read more