Live Oak Village Independent & Assisted Living

Reviews of Live Oak Village Independent & Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Live Oak Village Independent & Assisted Living

September 23, 2014

By Michele21

Live Oak Village is such a very nice facility and that is where we wanted my mother-in-law to live. They have apartments for elderly people that don’t need a lot of help, and then they also have a place like in one building where they have assisted living. The place is very really clean, secured, and very nice. They have a clubhouse and a pool; a very nice place. The staff are very helpful. I met several of the residents and they were nice and happy.

February 26, 2014

Live Oak is a larger facility, older and it had a sterile feel to it to me, more of a demerit kind of feel to it. They didn't feel like home to me. It felt more like a hospital. The living area like their rooms were actually larger but they seem to have good activities that they offered. They have a recreation room, they have a swimming pool. They have a little coffee shop that you can go in and get snacks during the day. And that was really all outside of where they eat. They did have an on-site salon to get their hair done. It's kind of sprawled out more as far as the rooms, the corridor. It just seems like the hallways go on forever. It just seemed a little more impersonal to me. They may not be but that's the feel I got. Other people might like it better than I did. It's not a bad place.

December 28, 2013

By Concerned visitor

Christmas dinner for the seniors was the saddest thing. A dried up sandwich. 1 piece of meat that looked old. IF your going to give them a sack lunch for dinner at least make it appetizing. For the money paid there, very sad!

October 15, 2013

By Liz17

My dad knew about Live Oak that's why we went and visited this facility. Inside they have a screened-in porch where people can go outside. I like that best for this facility. They also have a common room where they have a TV. Their dining room was very large like a big restaurant. Their rooms were very nice. They were little more spacious than the other facility.

June 12, 2013

By Live Oak Visitor 78

Live Oak is a nice and clean facility. Everything here was easy and accessible. It's hard for me to get around, so I like that. The staff were very nice and the facility offered daily activities for their residents. I wouldn't have any problems being there, it was just a little expensive for me.

October 14, 2011

By CaringinCt

My grandmother moved into one Liveoak's single room units a few years before she passed away. It is one of the nicer assisted living facilities I have encountered, the local countryside and proximity to the beach make for a pleasant environment. I never encountered any issues during my visits there - everything was always immaculately clean, both within the buildings and on the grounds themselves. The unit was spacious as far as singles go, and from visiting with my grandmother's friends they all seem to have nice, big windows for lots of natural light. The staff were all very helpful, and at the time of my grandmother's stay there was a low turn over rate, enabling for a more personal bonding with various staff. Because of its location there are not a lot of businesses (restaurants, stores, grocery) within very accessible distance, though there are various shuttle services that can be sought after should driving no longer be an option.

Independent Living Reviews for Live Oak Village Independent & Assisted Living

November 24, 2016

By Daisy060763

If Live Oak had an opening, I probably would have moved there. The rooms were very nice and adequate, as far as being big enough. They had more things -- like an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. Of course, it was a higher fee, but they did not have an immediate opening. I’ve been very pleased, and they were very nice. They were clean. The lady who did the tour was very nice and very willing to help me out as much as she could.

January 28, 2016

By Caring Individual2

I visited Liveoak many times. It’s very nice, but we can’t afford it. It’s upper-middle-class. They have socials, day trips, and transportation to shopping.

April 13, 2015

By Darlene25

I looked at Live Oak Village. It was small and homey, yet they had a selection as far as the size of apartments. They had more options as well as the fact that it was locally owned and operated and not run by a corporation. They offered assisted and independent living, but mom would be going to an independent living apartment complex. It was closer to where I live and had larger rooms.

July 07, 2014

LiveOak Village was nice enough. I could see myself living there. The rooms were nice. It has nice floor plans. The staff and residents were pleasant. The grounds were well kept, and the apartments were, too. This place doesn't change the carpets very often.

Costs for Live Oak Village Independent & Assisted Living

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining

• Pool

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Live Oak Village Independent & Assisted Living

Live Oak Village is a retirement community for seniors who want to maintain their independence and dignity while living in a safe and caring environment. Residents enjoy life with opportunities for learning, creativity, fitness and fun. Live Oak Village offers an array of services to meet the needs of residents including home ownership, independent living and assisted living.

Situated on approximately 200 acres covered with large oaks and located near medical, business and shopping services, Live Oak Village is a premier senior living campus designed to foster independence and wellness.

Map of Live Oak Village Independent & Assisted Living