12 Assisted Living Facilities near Daphne, AL
Also serving communities of Spanish Fort.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Daphne area, with 4 in Daphne and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Daphne is $3,086 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Fairhope with an average starting cost of $2,867.
To help you with your search, browse the 97 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Daphne. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Daphne 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fairhope with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Daphne, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Daphne, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Daphne
Daphne, Alabama, called the “Jubilee City,” has grown into the largest city in Baldwin County. It's population is close to 25,000, with seniors accounting for 14 percent. Seniors here who need some help with activities of daily living may be comforted to know that The Bureau of Health Provider Standards regulates the four local assisted living communities in Daphne and the 26 surrounding facilities, while Alabama Ageline helps to enforce regulations and offers government programs for seniors with disabilities. Both agencies help make the transition to assisted living easier for seniors and their families as they go through this next stage of life.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Daphne
- The cost of living in Daphne is 2 percent lower than the national average, making it a little more affordable for seniors than other cities. However, the city has the most expensive real estate and economy than most others in Alabama.
- Sales tax in Alabama ranks the fourth highest in the nation, but the typical retiree is tax-exempt.
- Daphne's violent and property crime rates fall below both the national and state average. Being a small city, Daphne falls within the national average of crimes per square mile and is considered safer than 33 percent of other cities.
- Daphne has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Project W.I.S.E. initiative, an organization that operates out of four senior centers in the area and helps empower local seniors to thrive in the community.
- Commutes within Daphne take around six minutes longer than the national average. For non-drivers, the public transportation system in Daphne is an essential resource. Seniors have access to the Baldwin Regional Area Transit System (BRATS) public bus system, which works with Project W.I.S.E. to offer senior discounts.
- The Daphne area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Medical, Mobile Infirmary Medical Center, Southern Cancer Center PC and Rx Advantage, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Daphne
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Daphne start around $3,086 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Daphne and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Daphne
Seniors in the Daphne area can apply for eligible financial assistance from Medicaid to help cover costs and expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Daphne
Daphne and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Daphne, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Daphne
Daphne-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Daphne, AL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Daphne
Review of Gardens of Daphne
My uncle is moving into the Gardens Of Daphne. We liked it. It's small, convenient, and the people are extremely nice. They have activities, they have meals, just lots of stuff like that. They're w... Read more
Review of The Brennity at Daphne
The Brennity at Daphne was very nice. The grounds and the facilities were very nice and well-kept. The staff was very pleasant, and the residents seemed happy. The rooms were very nice and spacious... Read more
Review of The Blake at Malbis
Most importantly, the team (staff) at the Blake treats everyone like family. They are competent and care for their people. Rooms are spacious, clean, and fresh. Church services, daily activities,... Read more