8 Assisted Living Facilities near Cantonment, FL
Also serving communities of Quincy.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cantonment area, with 1 in Cantonment and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cantonment is $3,589 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 99 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cantonment. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cantonment 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bainbridge with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cantonment, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Cantonment, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cantonment
Cantonment is a town in the west of Florida, just north of Pensacola. Around 14 percent of the town's 26,500 residents are aged 65 or older, and there is one assisted living facility that caters to them. Another 20 facilities can be found in the nearby communities of Pensacola, Pace and Milton.
Assisted living facilities in Florida can receive a Standard or Specialty license, depending on the type of care offered. The Agency for Health Care Administration is in charge of monitoring and licensing facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cantonment
- The American Lung Association gives Escambia County, including Cantonment, an A grade for their particle pollution levels. However, ozone pollution levels are higher, with the county receiving a C grade. Seniors with respiratory conditions may be impacted on high pollution days.
- The weather in Cantonment is hot and wet. In summer the average July temperature hits 91 degrees, and the January low is around 40. The town gets 67 inches of rain each year, 28 inches more than the national average, but there's no snow. There's 228 days of sunshine each year, over 20 more than the U.S. average, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy spending time outside.
- Cantonment has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging of West Florida, an organization that helps seniors live healthy, independent lives as well as one senior center.
- Cantonment has a crime rate of 28 per 1,000 residents, which makes it less safe than 62 percent of other Florida communities. The violent crime rate is 3.3 per 1,000 residents, compared to the state average of 4.3, and the property crime rates is also slightly lower than the Florida average. This high crime rate may concern safety-conscious seniors.
- Florida has no state income tax, meaning seniors keep all their income whether it's from a pension, Social Security or retirement funds. This allows retirees to put more of their money in their assisted living budget.
- The Cantonment area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Pensacola.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cantonment
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Cantonment start around $3,589 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cantonment and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cantonment
Florida has a number of programs that provide financial assistance to residents of assisted living facilities. The Optional State Supplement (OSS) may be available to seniors receiving income from Social Security. Additional assistance may be found through the Medicaid Long Term Care Program and the Assistive Care Services waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cantonment
Cantonment and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cantonment, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cantonment
Cantonment-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Cantonment, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cantonment
Review of Sabal House
Please DO NOT leave your loved one in this facility! It is filthy, NEVER has enough help and my mother because of inadequate care stayed wet, & bruised up. Their meals were like nothing I’ve... Read more
Review of Sabal House
I was very disappointed in how they treated my husband at Sabal House. They seemed nice to start with, but he needed more care than they could give him. They kept him in bed all day. They didn't tr... Read more
Review of Sabal House
Sabal House was a nice place. I was impressed with it. The rooms were roomier than some of the others I've seen in assisted living facilities. The dining room was very good, acceptable, and nice. T... Read more