Homestead Village of Pensacola

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

7830 Pine Forest Road, Pensacola, FL 32526
Homestead Village of Pensacola (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Homestead Village of Pensacola

Assisted Living Reviews for Homestead Village of Pensacola

April 05, 2016

By Sandie5

I visited Homestead Village for my aunt. I was very impressed with it. They have a lot of buildings and each has different level of care. Every one that I went into, the people was doing some kind of an activity. The residents of each building were in some kind of an activity. All were happy, smiling and seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was a beautiful, huge facility.

February 10, 2015

By connorjack

My mother-in-law was at Homestead for six years...During that time this lovely lady progressed with her dementia diagnosis and eventually passed away with Hospice support. We found Homestead to be a loving, clean and friendly facility, with many knowledgeable caregivers and staff. It was the best decision we could have made, and it literally saved my father-in-law's life. He was able to be with her as much as possible, and still enjoy a quality of life with us, and she was able to stay at Homestead until she passed without moving to a nursing home. We are grateful to them for making a difficult situation bearable. God Bless them..

December 30, 2014

My dad already moved to Homestead, and I think he likes it there. Everything is pretty nice, and it doesn't smell like pee there. The room is pretty nice also. He does not have any complaint with the food. They seem to have something going on at 11:00 and at 3:00. I will recommend it because it is friendly, and it has good service. The staff is very good. They have about seven buildings there, and this one is among the larger ones in Pensacola. I do recommend it to others. The staff is great, and the people kind of mingle all day. Everything is pretty good in there.

November 11, 2014

By Glenda10

We found Homestead Village for my mom. It is clean and neat. They are kind to the residents. I'm very satisfied with it. Her room is roomy. She is using her own furniture, but the room is cared for. It has just been painted. The carpet is clean. The bathroom is large. There is a huge walk-in closet. It is absolutely wonderful. Regarding food, initially my mother wasn't really excited about the food, but she has got accustomed to it, and now she is eating well and she's gaining some weight. They have many activities. They would publish a calendar every month, and it is just full of activities. They very much encourage their residents to participate. My mom has gotten very active in their activities. The staff is very kind and very patient. They work well with both the residents and their families. They keep families very informed about what's going on with their relatives that are out there.

October 27, 2014

By Peggy41

We choose Homestead Village for my in-laws because it is close to where they live so they are close to their church, families and friends. They are still both ambulatory, but they have nurses and somebody can take care of them as they progress. The staff is excellent and very friendly. The room is spacious, clean, and enough for what they need. There are several different room options to choose from. They also have activities to choose from. They monitor the food and my in-laws have no complaints. They are extremely happy there. It is phenomenal, and we know it is the best for them.

August 10, 2014

I visited Homestead and I felt my father would be happy there. It was very clean and it did not smell of alcohol or bleach. It had an aura of goodwill and family when I walked in. The staff was good. They were helpful to dad. I was waiting for dad to get well so he could transfer there. They've got Bingo, ice cream parties and an excursion every week. The food in the dining room is fine; it looked and smelled appealing. They have their own dining room in each building. I liked the camaraderie that the staff has with the residents; it is a homey feeling.

April 01, 2014

By Susie8

Homestead Village's location is convenient for where I live, and so we drove and visited the facility. The place was very nice, and it had a common area. Attached to the common area were two-room apartments, and they were small, but it's just what they needed. The director was wonderful, and she showed us all around. We saw their recreational rooms and all the activities they have. One resident was nice enough to let us come and let us see the size of her apartment. The nurses were wonderful. Overall it was a nice place, but it's just not what I was looking for then.

September 07, 2012

My mother's been in Homestead Village since June. It's an hour away from where I live. She's pretty much being well taken care of.

Independent Living Reviews for Homestead Village of Pensacola

Memory Care Reviews for Homestead Village of Pensacola

Questions about Homestead Village of Pensacola

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Medical staff are trained according to state and local requirements.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Homestead Village of Pensacola. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents that are 55+ years of age and older. Their favorite thing to do is enjoy peer friendships and activities hosted by staff and family.

What programs or activities does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Residents can walk around the sprawling 12 acre campus to scheduled monthly activities, just see our monthly calendar of events when you come for a visit to the campus.

What places are near Homestead Village of Pensacola or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The city of Pensacola is growing and we have added a new variety store just across the street, less than one mile away.

What transportation services does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to assisted living residents?

The city of Pensacola has a bus stop immediately in front of the assisted living apartments and there are a variety of different public transportation options, just ask the marketing team about assisting you with your transportation needs, so that it can be addressed.

What makes the chef or dining program at Homestead Village of Pensacola exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Planned meal menus are available and posted in the cottages.

What safety features or security measures does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to assisted living residents?

Assisted living residents have an option to obtain a security pendent that can be worn on a wrist band or lanyard.

How does Homestead Village of Pensacola keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Families are always allowed to visit there loved ones that reside on campus.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Homestead Village of Pensacola during daytime and nighttime hours?

4:15

If Homestead Village of Pensacola accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

No pets are allowed in assisted living apartments at this time. Residents in some independent living apartments can have pets, just ask the tour host about those apartments upon entering the facility.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff are provided the training required to suit the education requirements of the State of Florida and corporate requirement.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Homestead Village of Pensacola. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents in the independent living population starts at age 55+. Their favorite thing to do is enjoy peer friendships and activities hosted by staff and family.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Persons in independent living may enjoy participating in activities outside of the campus such as church, and or shopping if they can drive their own personal vehicle.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Homestead Village of Pensacola has organized?

Walk & Wheels, paddle ball, corn hole and cards, puzzles, and walking club

What transportation services does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to independent living residents?

Transportation may be provided on a schedule for health care provider appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Homestead Village of Pensacola exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Menus are prepared and posted in our cottages.

What safety features or security measures does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to independent living residents?

An option to wear a security pendent is provided at signing of resident agreement.

Independent living residents can have a pet.

Does Homestead Village of Pensacola work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Persons in independent living are not provided medical assistance.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

4:15

What safety features or security measures does Homestead Village of Pensacola provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents that wander have the added protection of redirection provided by staff and or family. Assisted living residents that wander can be assessed for higher level of care requiring an assessment and placement into a higher level of care.

Costs for Homestead Village of Pensacola

Photos of Homestead Village of Pensacola

Services and Amenities of Homestead Village of Pensacola

• Fee Structure Extra: Mostly All Inclusive But $ For Med Mgmt.

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: 180 Beds

• Dining Extra: Healthy Snacks Are Also Available 24 Hours.

• Features Extra: 24x7 Medical And Emergency Security System. Individually Crafted Health, Fitness, And Wellness Programs.. Al: Monthly Podiatry Visits

• Activities Extra: Holiday Parties

• Meal Preparation

Screening

• In Person Interviews

About Homestead Village of Pensacola

The mission of Homestead Village of Pensacola is to celebrate the present and embrace the future by providing seniors with retirement living…defined by you. As a not-for-profit corporation, we are committed to meeting the social, spiritual, physical and financial needs of our residents in a safe and caring campus environment.

A sampling of Independent living services available:

• Extended Cable TV and WiFi
  • A team of dedicated care professionals.
  • A 24x7 medical and emergency security system. Emergency alarms in every residence.
  • Scheduled Transportation to medical appointments, errands and shopping
  • Bi-weekly housekeeping
  • Health care coordination
  • Lawn care, apartment maintenance
  • A social calendar with daily opportunities for learning, creativity, fitness and fun
  • Breakfast and Lunch served daily in Restaurant Delmar

A sampling of assisted living services available:

• Three nutritious meals served daily
  • Discreet assistance with dressing, grooming, bathing or showering
  • Assistance with self administration of medication
  • 24 hour supervision/assistance
  • Nurse on duty 16 hrs per day and on call at night
  • Nurse practioners who make house calls directly to our resident's room
  • Monthly podiatry visits
  • Lab/x-ray on site
  • Transportation to medical appointments, errands and shopping
  • Personal laundry service
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service

Homestead Village Assisted Living offers Memory Care in settings that are tailored to the individual’s cognitive abilities. One of our goals is to place individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia in buildings where they feel at home and comfortable with others residing in that building. Therefore, we have separate buildings for early-stage dementia, middle stage dementia, and late-stage dementia.

Map of Homestead Village of Pensacola