Homestead Village of Pensacola

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

7830 Pine Forest Road, Pensacola, FL 32526
Homestead Village of Pensacola (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Homestead Village of Pensacola

Assisted Living Reviews for Homestead Village of Pensacola

May 08, 2017

By YB

Homestead Village is where my dad is, and I really love it. The staff was fantastic, and they were more than helpful. They have people with a little bit of physical fitness, bingo,and given three meals a day depending on where your needs are. My father is in a building where he is free to come and go, and he walks in the facility and outside area, and they can go to the casino, picnics and dinners. They take them shopping and different outings that you can choice to go on. He’s got a queen size bed, two dressers, and a refrigerator, and the living area is much more spacious for him.

November 24, 2016

By Daisy060763

Homestead Village was very nice, and the people had been very nice. They’ll explain everything to you, and they were very willing to take the time to make sure you understand. It looked like they had something going on all the time. This is the one I will be moving into.

November 14, 2016

By Jan106535

Homestead Village Retirement Community ran a urinalysis and found my mother's UTI. They have different levels of care there, and it's set up so that the maximum residents for each building is 16 residents. They don't have to walk very far because the distances that they have to walk are very short, and it's like a house rather than a hotel. It's more convenient for my mom. Not one person I spoke to had anything negative to say about Homestead Village. They were all very happy. Mom was in a building where she was only supposed to have assistance in going to the toilet by one person, but she was so sick with the UTI that it took 2 to get her on the toilet and off of it, but they didn't grumble. They knew she was sick, and they didn't start talking that she has to go to a different level of care. They just did it and looked after her. They took very good care of her and were the ones who figured her UTI. I would definitely recommend them.

April 05, 2016

By Sandie5

I visited Homestead Village for my aunt. I was very impressed with it. They have a lot of buildings and each has different level of care. Every one that I went into, the people was doing some kind of an activity. The residents of each building were in some kind of an activity. All were happy, smiling and seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was a beautiful, huge facility.

January 15, 2016

By Happy Visitor17

Homestead Village is a beautiful and excellent place. The independent rooms have kitchenettes and dining rooms where you could eat. They have a luxury car and buses to take people out to grocery stores and tours every day. The staff was very professional. My dear friend’s mother lived there. They have doctors on site.

February 10, 2015

By connorjack

My mother-in-law was at Homestead for six years...During that time this lovely lady progressed with her dementia diagnosis and eventually passed away with Hospice support. We found Homestead to be a loving, clean and friendly facility, with many knowledgeable caregivers and staff. It was the best decision we could have made, and it literally saved my father-in-law's life. He was able to be with her as much as possible, and still enjoy a quality of life with us, and she was able to stay at Homestead until she passed without moving to a nursing home. We are grateful to them for making a difficult situation bearable. God Bless them..

January 26, 2015

By R e lativeof

My husband was a resident of homestead for a little over a year. The health aides were always very helpful. The food was good and plentiful. When patients are in the last months of their lives, the staff and administration do not have the education and knowledge to best care for the patient. They need to have an RN on their staff. All though most of the immediate staff was caring, I found the administration lacking in compassion and how residents should be cared for.

December 30, 2014

My dad already moved to Homestead, and I think he likes it there. Everything is pretty nice, and it doesn't smell like pee there. The room is pretty nice also. He does not have any complaint with the food. They seem to have something going on at 11:00 and at 3:00. I will recommend it because it is friendly, and it has good service. The staff is very good. They have about seven buildings there, and this one is among the larger ones in Pensacola. I do recommend it to others. The staff is great, and the people kind of mingle all day. Everything is pretty good in there.

November 11, 2014

By Glenda10

We found Homestead Village for my mom. It is clean and neat. They are kind to the residents. I'm very satisfied with it. Her room is roomy. She is using her own furniture, but the room is cared for. It has just been painted. The carpet is clean. The bathroom is large. There is a huge walk-in closet. It is absolutely wonderful. Regarding food, initially my mother wasn't really excited about the food, but she has got accustomed to it, and now she is eating well and she's gaining some weight. They have many activities. They would publish a calendar every month, and it is just full of activities. They very much encourage their residents to participate. My mom has gotten very active in their activities. The staff is very kind and very patient. They work well with both the residents and their families. They keep families very informed about what's going on with their relatives that are out there.

October 30, 2014

Homestead Village offers everything from independent living to memory care and it is close by. It is also in the high-medium price range. My father is in their assisted living facility. He has normal dementia patient problems but overall, he says the food is good and I think he is pleased. I am there or one of my family members is there almost every day. So, we have a pretty good handle on what's going on. They are very attentive. If he pushes the red button, they are there in a flash to help him with anything. It is kind of a country home style. It is not flashy, but you will have good help when you walk in the door. There is a community room where they do activities. There is a separate session where they can watch television. They can read books in a little library section in that same room. They have their meals there. Each of the building is classified based on what you can and what you can't do. Some other buildings have suites. In my dad's building, they have small rooms because they are not taking care of themselves fully. They had a common area, a full kitchen so if you don't like what they are serving for lunch or dinner, they will fix you something else. They are very accommodating. They have a big Oktoberfest where everybody from the whole place is invited, even the families. If you pay extra, you will have the standard German fare with exception of the beer because alcohol is kind of controlled. I think they need more physical activities for some of the residents. I know they cannot make them do things, but they can give them a little more to do. The activities director in their building is kind of older herself, and she has been doing it for so long. Also, there could be better communication because communication is always an issue for just about any place. So, I guess there's always a place for communication improvement.

October 27, 2014

By Peggy41

We choose Homestead Village for my in-laws because it is close to where they live so they are close to their church, families and friends. They are still both ambulatory, but they have nurses and somebody can take care of them as they progress. The staff is excellent and very friendly. The room is spacious, clean, and enough for what they need. There are several different room options to choose from. They also have activities to choose from. They monitor the food and my in-laws have no complaints. They are extremely happy there. It is phenomenal, and we know it is the best for them.

August 10, 2014

I visited Homestead and I felt my father would be happy there. It was very clean and it did not smell of alcohol or bleach. It had an aura of goodwill and family when I walked in. The staff was good. They were helpful to dad. I was waiting for dad to get well so he could transfer there. They've got Bingo, ice cream parties and an excursion every week. The food in the dining room is fine; it looked and smelled appealing. They have their own dining room in each building. I liked the camaraderie that the staff has with the residents; it is a homey feeling.

April 01, 2014

By Susie8

Homestead Village's location is convenient for where I live, and so we drove and visited the facility. The place was very nice, and it had a common area. Attached to the common area were two-room apartments, and they were small, but it's just what they needed. The director was wonderful, and she showed us all around. We saw their recreational rooms and all the activities they have. One resident was nice enough to let us come and let us see the size of her apartment. The nurses were wonderful. Overall it was a nice place, but it's just not what I was looking for then.

October 15, 2013

By Liz17

My dad chose Homestead Village himself. He has been there for three months now. It is nearer to my home and it is on the way to and from my work, so I can stop by often to see him there. My dad thinks it is a nice place. He likes it the best amongst those we visited. The building that he is in right now has only 14 residents there, so they can pay attention to their residents individually. They have staff assigned to that building. The staff is very friendly and nice. However, there was one instance where they gave my dad a chest x-ray and he didn't hear the results of it until the next day. So they don't act like the their residents can understand or answer their questions or something. Of course, my dad wanted to know what was the matter with him. In terms of accommodation, my dad has a private room. It is only a room with a bathroom. It's really not that big but he's managing. Regarding activities, they have months to months schedule of activities. They have activities where they can sign up to go to the grocery stores or Dollar Store. They go out to eat a lot too. They have a dining room that is big enough for those 14 people. Because of the size, it is all very intimate like everybody is one big family. My dad is also happy enough with the food they have there.

September 07, 2012

My mother's been in Homestead Village since June. It's an hour away from where I live. She's pretty much being well taken care of.

Independent Living Reviews for Homestead Village of Pensacola

Memory Care Reviews for Homestead Village of Pensacola

Questions about Homestead Village of Pensacola

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Medical staff are trained according to state and local requirements.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Homestead Village of Pensacola. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents that are 55+ years of age and older. Their favorite thing to do is enjoy peer friendships and activities hosted by staff and family.

What programs or activities does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Residents can walk around the sprawling 12 acre campus to scheduled monthly activities, just see our monthly calendar of events when you come for a visit to the campus.

What places are near Homestead Village of Pensacola or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The city of Pensacola is growing and we have added a new variety store just across the street, less than one mile away.

What transportation services does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to assisted living residents?

The city of Pensacola has a bus stop immediately in front of the assisted living apartments and there are a variety of different public transportation options, just ask the marketing team about assisting you with your transportation needs, so that it can be addressed.

What makes the chef or dining program at Homestead Village of Pensacola exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Planned meal menus are available and posted in the cottages.

What safety features or security measures does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to assisted living residents?

Assisted living residents have an option to obtain a security pendent that can be worn on a wrist band or lanyard.

How does Homestead Village of Pensacola keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Families are always allowed to visit there loved ones that reside on campus.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Homestead Village of Pensacola during daytime and nighttime hours?

4:15

If Homestead Village of Pensacola accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

No pets are allowed in assisted living apartments at this time. Residents in some independent living apartments can have pets, just ask the tour host about those apartments upon entering the facility.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff are provided the training required to suit the education requirements of the State of Florida and corporate requirement.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Homestead Village of Pensacola. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents in the independent living population starts at age 55+. Their favorite thing to do is enjoy peer friendships and activities hosted by staff and family.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Persons in independent living may enjoy participating in activities outside of the campus such as church, and or shopping if they can drive their own personal vehicle.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Homestead Village of Pensacola has organized?

Walk & Wheels, paddle ball, corn hole and cards, puzzles, and walking club

What transportation services does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to independent living residents?

Transportation may be provided on a schedule for health care provider appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Homestead Village of Pensacola exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Menus are prepared and posted in our cottages.

What safety features or security measures does Homestead Village of Pensacola offer to independent living residents?

An option to wear a security pendent is provided at signing of resident agreement.

Independent living residents can have a pet.

Does Homestead Village of Pensacola work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Persons in independent living are not provided medical assistance.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

4:15

What safety features or security measures does Homestead Village of Pensacola provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents that wander have the added protection of redirection provided by staff and or family. Assisted living residents that wander can be assessed for higher level of care requiring an assessment and placement into a higher level of care.

Costs for Homestead Village of Pensacola

Photos of Homestead Village of Pensacola

Services and Amenities of Homestead Village of Pensacola

• Fee Structure Extra: Mostly All Inclusive But $ For Med Mgmt.

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: 180 Beds

• Dining Extra: Healthy Snacks Are Also Available 24 Hours.

• Features Extra: 24x7 Medical And Emergency Security System. Individually Crafted Health, Fitness, And Wellness Programs.. Al: Monthly Podiatry Visits

• Activities Extra: Holiday Parties

• Meal Preparation

Screening

• In Person Interviews

About Homestead Village of Pensacola

The mission of Homestead Village of Pensacola is to celebrate the present and embrace the future by providing seniors with retirement living…defined by you. As a not-for-profit corporation, we are committed to meeting the social, spiritual, physical and financial needs of our residents in a safe and caring campus environment.

A sampling of Independent living services available:

• Extended Cable TV and WiFi
  • A team of dedicated care professionals.
  • A 24x7 medical and emergency security system. Emergency alarms in every residence.
  • Scheduled Transportation to medical appointments, errands and shopping
  • Bi-weekly housekeeping
  • Health care coordination
  • Lawn care, apartment maintenance
  • A social calendar with daily opportunities for learning, creativity, fitness and fun
  • Breakfast and Lunch served daily in Restaurant Delmar

A sampling of assisted living services available:

• Three nutritious meals served daily
  • Discreet assistance with dressing, grooming, bathing or showering
  • Assistance with self administration of medication
  • 24 hour supervision/assistance
  • Nurse on duty 16 hrs per day and on call at night
  • Nurse practioners who make house calls directly to our resident's room
  • Monthly podiatry visits
  • Lab/x-ray on site
  • Transportation to medical appointments, errands and shopping
  • Personal laundry service
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service

Homestead Village Assisted Living offers Memory Care in settings that are tailored to the individual’s cognitive abilities. One of our goals is to place individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia in buildings where they feel at home and comfortable with others residing in that building. Therefore, we have separate buildings for early-stage dementia, middle stage dementia, and late-stage dementia.

Homestead Village Retirement Community is a unique facility dedicated to the belief of “aging-in-place”. We offer a full range of services to meet the needs of each individual resident.

Map of Homestead Village of Pensacola