The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

Reviews of The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

February 26, 2017

By Nolte

Waterford at Carpenter’s Creek was a nice place. My impression initially was that it was clean, neat, and had a lot of nice, helpful people. They had their own rooms, and there was a small group to an area, so they could get the attention that was needed, too. Everybody together had the same dementia problem. The person who gave us the tour was very helpful and answered all of our questions very well. I was impressed.

February 09, 2017

By Catherine048065

The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek was a nice facility. The staff seemed very informative. We met the head of maintenance who showed us around and a couple of nurses. They all were very friendly and very helpful and the gentleman was very knowledgeable. It seemed very clean. They had a ton of activities. They have something going on every day like playing cards, bingo, and a trip to the mall. They serve all three meals.

November 27, 2016

By medassistant2017

I went to visit my loved one in the specialty unit and Kendell and a new girl were helping residents to and from the dinning room. Both young ladies were doing a fantastic job. They are very good with my mother and all other residents. I was so pleased to see these two being all they can be. They make a great team!

November 25, 2016

By Zygmond

The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek was very nice, and the people were nice. The studio was a good size for me. Everything was nice about it, and it was clean. The residents looked happy.

November 14, 2016

By Jan106535

The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek neglected to catch my mother's UTI which nearly killed her because she had renal failure and almost went septic.When my mom was there, she was independent, but mentally she started to slide, so I paid them an extra $500 a month for a personal caregiver to come and help her get dressed in the morning, help her with two showers a week, and help her get ready for bed at night because she has balance problems.They would forget to come and change her, so I have been fighting with the nursing director. I had 2 official meetings with her, and she promised that it's going to get fixed, but it never did. She would say "Let me know when they won't show up," and I did, but it never changed, and they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing. Point being, if the caregivers are getting her ready for bed, when they change my mom's diaper, they would have noticed the difference in smell. They didn't do their job, and I nearly lost my mom because of it. She had 3 UTIs while she was there, and this was the 4th one. She never had a UTI her entire life until she moved in there, so I would not recommend it to anybody. It was built like a hotel -- with 2 stories, long hallways, and only one elevator. My mother had to go at least 300 ft from her room just to get to the activity room where the elevator is. People sit in the dining room, and they call for help, but nobody comes. I have watched some of these people go down to the dining room to eat and then wait 45 minutes for a caregiver to come to take them back to their rooms because they're understaffed. It's ridiculous, and I'm just stunned that that place is still in business. The food there is very salty. I don't know where they get their dietary guidance from.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We take all feedback seriously and are committed to continuous quality service and care. We will share your feedback with our management team.

August 16, 2016

By Beatrice860683

I was very pleased with The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek. The staff was very friendly. I looked at the one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, and I was very impressed. The dining area was beautiful. Everything was beautiful there because they were remodelling the place. They had a library and an exercise room. The living room was beautiful. What I really loved about it was that they have family night activities. They had beautiful places outside where you could just sit. They have exercise activities even for those who are not able to stand up.

May 10, 2016

By JohnIPVXA

I visited The Waterford and spoke to the director. It was very nice, but it was more than what we could afford to pay. I found the accommodations to be nice. I knew they said they had a workout place, but I was not able to check it out. I believe they had a barbershop, but that’s about it. I walked through the dining area, which was very nice. I do not have any issues with the facility and the staff. It was just too pricey.

Questions about The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents at Carpenter's Creek is 74 years young. Our residents enjoy many activities in our community. Favorite activities include: Bingo, Paint by Numbers, Crafts, and Wii Bowling.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer many different activities from socials to bingo. We operate a Country Store that is open once a month to spend your Bingo Bucks. We have painting classes, church services, and games that keep the mind working.

What places are near The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Carpenter's Creek is near several favorite stores such as Bealls, Hobby Lobby, and JC Penny's to name a few. We are also close many restaurants that our residents enjoy. We are also very close to hospitals and doctor's offices.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek offer to assisted living residents?

We run our bus Monday thru Friday by appointment. We make sure our residents make their doctor appointments and be able to handle any personal business such as banking.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We pride ourselves on serving Southern Comfort food along with Gulf Coast signature seafood dishes.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek offer to assisted living residents?

Carpenter's Creek has a state of the art fire system in all apartments and in common area. We have 24 hour staffing and an emergency call system. Our doors are locked at 7pm and open at 7am. We also have Emergency Pull cords located in all apartments.

How does The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Carpenter's Creek uses many types of communication to keep our family members informed. We use phone calls for everyday updates that need to be communicated. We also use email and mailing for information that is vital for the community as a whole.

If The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are VERY pet friendly and love all Furr Babies. We have a wonderful enclosed courtyard and a walking path around the community grounds. We also have 2 covered back decks overlooking Carpenter's Creek.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our community is enrolled in Relias Training which provides online courses that our staff is required to complete. We also have mandatory staff meetings once a month where we go over community procedures and best practices.

Photos of The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: AL7222

About The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

Delight in convenient services and ample sunshine at The Waterford at Carpenter’s Creek, our senior living community in the beautiful Gulf Coast city of Pensacola. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living, from housekeeping and laundry to medication management. For the benefit of our Independent Living and Assisted Living residents, we offer an array of thoughtful amenities, including a beautifully landscaped courtyard and surroundings where residents are welcome to walk and enjoy the pleasant year-round weather. Individual apartment homes are equipped with kitchenettes, walk-in closets and spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers and safety-assist hand railings. During downtime, seniors can read a book from our well-stocked library, watch the big game in our lounge area with big-screen TV or perfect a sonata on our grand piano. Our senior living community in Pensacola offers three delicious restaurant-style meals daily, and a variety of popular local restaurants are nearby as well. Since our community is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a team of conscientious care providers, friends and family members of residents can rest assured that their loved ones are always in considerate hands. Discover our commitment to providing a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Waterford at Carpenter’s Creek provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment.

Map of The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek