16 Assisted Living Facilities near Pace, FL
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pace area, with 1 in Pace and 15 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 135 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pace. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pace 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pace, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Pace, FL
15 Assisted Living Facilities near Pace, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pace
Pace is a beach city in Santa Rosa County with acres of farmland and plenty of Gulf of Mexico frontage. Mild winters and beautiful scenery make Santa Rosa an excellent place for seniors to retire. For those who need help with daily living tasks like grooming, medication administration and meals, one assisted living facility is located within the city limits with another 25 nearby. These facilities are regulated by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation, and they operate under either a standard license for routine personal care or a specialty license for extended congregate care and limited nursing services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pace
- The cost of living in Pace is 101.7, this is higher than the national average of 100. However, it is lower than the state average of 111. This makes Pace an excellent option for Florida living for seniors on a budget.
- Like most cities within the state of Florida, Pace experiences hot and humid summers with mild winters that rarely see any snow. The January low is around 40 degrees, and the high in July is around 91. The city does get around 67 inches of rain per year, which is higher than the national average of 39.
- Pace has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging of West Georgia, an organization that provides meals, nutrition and socialization for individuals 60 and older, as well as one senior center.
- The overall rate of crime in Pace is 17 percent higher than the national average. Seniors who live in Pace have a 1 in 31 chance of becoming a victim of any crime. However, Pace is 22 percent safer than most cities in the United States, which makes it a relatively safe place for seniors to live.
- For transportation for medical appointments, errands and to and from local senior centers, the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is available for eligible individuals over the age of 55. This service is covered by Medicare and Medicaid for free.
- The Pace area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baptist Medical Park, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pace
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Pace start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pace and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pace
Eligible seniors may receive help paying for an assisted living facility in Pace through the Florida state Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. The state also covers services in assisted living facilities and adult care homes through Assistive Care Services. Eligibility for both plans is determined by the Florida Department of Children and Family Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pace
Pace and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pace, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pace
Pace-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pace
Review of Victorian Manor Retirement Center Inc
My mother moved into Victorian Manor three days ago. It’s awesome. A bus picks her up when she has to go to dialysis. They have bingo, bowling, singing, exercises, and trips to Walmart and Target. ... Read more