Life Care Center of Pensacola

Assisted Living Reviews for Life Care Center of Pensacola

Nursing Home Reviews for Life Care Center of Pensacola

February 21, 2017

By Glad I stayed.

If you want to know what this place is really like, stay overnight with your loved one. They make them use a bedpan because there is not enough staff to assist them to bathroom. There was one poor nurse passing meds on my mother's floor and that poor soul did not have time to breathe. The nurses aides are overwhelmed. It is a beautiful place on the surface only. Do not leave your loved one alone here unless you stay to experience it for yourself.

November 20, 2016

By Wanted to cry

I am writing this review to inform other families who are considering placing a loved one with dementia in this facility. We placed my mother in the nursing home part of the facility for a week for respite care. She has dementia and was recovering from a partial hip replacement. She was not able to walk on her own so her week was spent in the bed or a wheelchair. We were told that by state law, the facility must change the residents every two hours. In my opinion, this did not happen because she came home with horrible diaper rash/candida rash. Her skin was almost ulcerated. In addition, the day after she came home, a urine sample was drawn by our home health nurse, and she was found to have a staph infection. All of this was brought to the attention of the unit nurse manager, director of nurses, and administrator. Their response was to self report themselves to the state. (All they got was a slap on the wrist.) The unit nurse manager told me she questioned the CNA's working on the floor where my mother's room was located.,and none of the CNA's saw anything unusual about her care or the condition of her skin. The facility is beautiful. Maybe if your loved one has the capacity to push a call button and ask for assistance this would be an acceptable place to stay. BUT if your loved one can not speak for themselves, PLEASE consider carefully what our experience was. I would not wish this experience on any one's loved one, especially an elderly, dementia patient.

March 04, 2016

By Lawyers

TERRIBLE!!! On the surface the property is beautiful and resort-like. But it ends there. The care here is completely lacking and unreliable. Beware of allowing your loved one to attend a meeting unaccompanied: he will be tricked into signing documents contrary to his reports. Beware of fraud. It will break your heart once you spend time there. Those poor old people.

December 08, 2015

By Snookie399

In a 24 hour period I am not impressed. I visited here on Monday before my 90 year old mother was released from the hospital with broken ribs. Things looked great clean no urine smell etc so we came here. On Tuesday morning, I received a phone call from the socialworker to come sign papers. At 12:35 I got a phone call telling me my mother had been transferred to the ER with possible cardiac arrest. I asked what time she had been transferred they said 9:30 a.m. Excuse me! 3 hours after she is transferred for a possible heart attack I'm notified! Not acceptable. I am so angry over this! good part it wasn't a heart attack, sad part I had to bring her back here. I'm not impressed or happy with this place so far oh wait when the transport arrived I was waiting downstairs, they brought a lady in, named Mrs. Davis....but it wasn't my mother, not even the same color! What does a person do!

September 06, 2015

By Heatherholly

Stay away! They can not be trusted to care for Alzheimer's and dementia patients. My grandmother was left in puddles of urine several times a week. A few of those times it was so severe it began dripping onto the floor. The head nurses and director implemented an hourly diaper checking system however staff was unable to follow through. Nurses complained about the system at their station in full view of myself and others. When I confronted them, Jean, the nurse in charge refused to make eye contact and tried to blame me. The care taking and customer service was appalling!

October 23, 2014

By Cheryl49

I stayed in Life Care Center for about nine days, and everything is great. I was there for rehab because I had my knee done. They did great because I can go around really good now. Their activities were good. We participated in bingo, wheelchair yoga, and everything. The food was good. We had the people from the food place talk to us and see what we wanted to eat. They had a lot of employees and people were watching out for you all the time. The also had a large staff in the rehab part too. I noticed you couldn't go up and down the stairs without a code so people wouldn't fall down the stairs or something. Even the front door was covered by code before you could go in and out. It was a good place.

About Life Care Center of Pensacola

Life Care Center of Pensacola is a senior living provider in Pensacola, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Life Care Center of Pensacola for more details on services and rates.

Map of Life Care Center of Pensacola