The Brennity at Daphne

Reviews of The Brennity at Daphne

Assisted Living Reviews for The Brennity at Daphne

April 12, 2016

By cjcarrio

this facility is nice but very pricey and raising rents as fast as the market will stand ! They offered a $10,000.00 discount to new residents last yr in the Mobile (Ala.) Press Register. They : Sagora Corporation is the parent company, raised the rate of my mothers' apt. 5% from $3330 @ mos. to $3496 - $166. per mos. or $$1992 per yr ! somebody had to pay for this discount ! Sagora has also released most of the original staff who dedicated their lives to Mercy the former owner. and replaces with lower paid employees - loyalty means a lot to this company ! We have had several health issues w/ this new untrained staff : giving my 90 yr. old mother hot chocolate w/a straw ! of course burned my mothers throat - she didnt go back to cafeteria for 3 days, calling in a Psychiatrist or Psychologist who was NOT on BCBS (95% of ins. market) list of approved Dr.s so drastic reduced reimbursement. there are other problems but not enough space. bottom line this company Sagora and it's subsideraries ; Brennity et al look out for themselves 1st and tennants or residents when it benefits them ! No consideration of how prices effect residents financial stability !

January 26, 2016

By Barbara46529050

I moved my mother into The Brennity at Daphne. I have no problems with the staff. In the past two months, I have had very few issues. They got busy, and couldn't wash her clothes on the night they were supposed to wash them. I understand that dealing with these patients some nights, and my mother probably would be one of them; that gives them a hard enough time. They can't perform what they need to on the exact date. The rooms are very pleasant, and very clean. Her room is always clean, and her bed is always made. There's plenty of room for her to have a bed, a nightstand, a chair, and a TV. The rooms are not real large because they don't want the patients staying in their rooms. They want them out in the common area doing activities. I'm pleased with the room size. She doesn't need anything bigger than what she's got. They have a hairdresser that comes in a couple of days a week. Their food is excellent. So far, I have had no real complaints about the place. I would definitely recommend them. It has the largest courtyard in the State of Alabama. When I went into the Brennity, I knew it was going to be the right fit, and it is less than 2 miles from my home. It's real convenient. I'm there three or four times a week at different times during the day.

January 20, 2016

By Brenda L.1

The Brennity was very nice. The woman who conducted the tour and provided all the information was very helpful and very friendly. I was impressed by the very nice facility. The rooms were probably a little smaller than what I would need for my parents, but overall, it had a very pleasant environment, it was very bright, the residents seemed happy, there were lots of activities, and it’s very close to where I live. It was a very positive experience. They do outings on a weekly basis, provide transportation for doctors’ appointments and to local shopping centers, bring in a chef to do cooking classes, conduct art classes, and have a book club. There were lots of options for social engagements and options for residents to be able to get out, especially if they’re no longer able to drive. There was transportation available for them and on-site activities. They only had two options for the rooms, a studio and a one-bedroom, so room option was a little more limited than what I was looking for. But outside of that, I really liked the place.

May 14, 2015

By Jpierce

My mom has been a resident in the memory care unit for 6 months. Both of us, my mom and myself, could not be happier. Though mom has memory issues, she can still express herself well enough to let us know if she is happy and generally how she feels about things. She always states how pretty everything is at The Brennity and that she loves everyone there. When we leave for an outing, she must hug and kiss everyone bye - residents and staff. When returning, she is excited to get back and see what all is going on- in case she missed anything. It is such a positive experience and let's me know she feels happy and secure here. Never does she have a negative reaction about going home to The Brennity. I feel confident that mom is in good hands at The Brennity. The staff - everone- is friendly and helpful. No question or concern is treated as unimportant. Communication about mom's care is forthcoming and any concern - a cold, coughing, agitation, etc.. Is communicated to me immediately. I am never feel like I am " out of the loop". They are very proactive, The facility is beautiful and very clean. Mom is clean,fresh, and nicely dressed - even on unannounced visits. The food is good and residents have activities in the morning and afternoons. Residents are highly encouraged to participate and socialize...... Staying alone in their room is discouraged. When issues arise requiring a loved one to leave home for third party care it is an unsettling time for everone - anxiety, worry, even guilt. The Brennity team helps with this transition to minimize negative issues for all concerned. But most important, as you experience the love and care and comfort The Brennity provides- you know you made the right decision,

April 10, 2015

By Darlene25

I visited The Brennity at Daphnne. The girl that I spoke to there was very delightful, and her grandmother was actually there, which was a very good recommendation. It was a very sunny and open space. The food seemed to be excellent. The other thing I liked was they had a lot of places for people to walk outside like sidewalks. They had very large grounds that were very well kept, and the layout was nice. It was just a really nice place, but it was a little more expensive. I was a little larger. It had a second floor, and they had 2 options of rooms.

December 02, 2014

By Jack33

I have been in The Brennity for a few days now. I think the room is very nice, and I have only eaten in the dining room once during the Thanksgiving holidays; I have been with my family. The one time I did eat there, it was nice. So far everybody has been very nice, friendly, and very helpful. The rooms are clean, and they have a lot of activities.

October 02, 2014

By Caring75111950

My mother is living in The Brennity. I would say that the community is clean. The people there are very friendly too. They have two different sizes of rooms. They have one bedroom apartments which are very nice. They also have a one bedroom studio, and it gets lots of light. They have a wide range of activities. They have different guests coming in to play music, do lots of games, or crafts. They also have church services and exercise classes. There is always going on every couple of hours.

September 23, 2014

By Michele21

My mom-in-law loves being at Brennity at Daphne. I love it too. She is getting the therapy that they have setup for all the memory care patients. The staff there keeps them calm and helpful. She never had anything bad to say about the food. She seems to be really happy in the facility. It's very clean and everybody is overly helpful. They have a beautiful outdoor facility for the residents.

June 28, 2014

By Epower3

It has only been a week, but so far my mother has absolutely flourished at the Brennity. The staff are super sweet and caring. She absolutely loves the food- it is the kind of country cooking that she adores. They have an incentive program for activities where they receive an "activity dollar" when they participate. Once a month they have an auction where they bid on prizes with their activity dollars. She is staying busy participating in every activity! I love that they have a doctor who comes to see them at the facility- no more waiting all day for a doctors appointment! My mom loves it there.

April 30, 2014

By Toni6

The Brennity is my home. Every one is so nice. They make you feel welcome. It is very clean and thats what I like.

April 30, 2014

By Dolly5

The Brennity is a special place to live. You feel special here.

June 19, 2013

By Jessica14

The staff was very friendly and they have a nice and clean environment. But I would appreciate if they would improve on their food. They really had a bad rating for their food.

Memory Care Reviews for The Brennity at Daphne

Questions about The Brennity at Daphne

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Regular training is scheduled for Associates.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Brennity at Daphne. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a vivacious community of residents that enjoy living their best life in our Assisted Living community. Our weekly Brennity Social scheduled every Friday with live music is a resident favorite. Overall, the average age of our residents in both Assisted Living and Memory Care is 85 years old.

What programs or activities does The Brennity at Daphne offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Lifestyles Department that has planned activities and outings scheduled daily.

What places are near The Brennity at Daphne or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Beautifully landscaped courtyards with walking paths.

What transportation services does The Brennity at Daphne offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled outings to area shopping centers. Transportation to medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Brennity at Daphne exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We provide three chef-prepared meals daily with comforting meals that taste just like home.

What safety features or security measures does The Brennity at Daphne offer to assisted living residents?

Pull cords and pendants for assistance Safety-equipped bathrooms Wellness activities 24-hour nurse access

How does The Brennity at Daphne keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The nursing department contacts families with updates on their loved one when necessary. We email video updates to families and residents with upcoming special events. Our Brennity at Daphne Facebook page is also a great resource for families to see pictures and videos of their loved ones doing activities with our Lifestyles Department.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Brennity at Daphne during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime 1:15 ratio of Resident Assistant to Resident Nighttime: 1:20 ratio of Resident Assistant to Resident

If The Brennity at Daphne accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we allow one animal per resident. Animals must be 25 lbs. or less. Pets can go with their owners throughout the interior and exterior community, except the dining room. All animals must be up to date on their shots and show proof of their shot record. All animals are at the discretion of the community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Associates are CPR certified. Associates have ongoing training schedules for resident care and fire safety.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

1:8 Ratio of Resident Assistant to Resident daytime and nighttime.

What safety features or security measures does The Brennity at Daphne provide to protect residents who wander?

The exit doors in Memory Care are locked for resident safety.

What programs or activities does The Brennity at Daphne offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Each resident feels at home at The Brennity at Daphne. Consistent sights, sounds, aromas and objects increase comfort and decrease anxiety. Residents have the freedom to interact with other residents or have privacy. Associates’ communication with residents soothes and helps redirect their focus to positive memories and activities.

Monthly assessments completed by Memory Care Nurse.

What techniques does The Brennity at Daphne use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Every aspect of our Sagora Pathways memory care program is designed around each resident, from our individualized culinary program, Dining with Grace, to our Cherished Collections that focuses on recognition, negotiation, collaboration, stimulation, celebration and relaxation.

How does The Brennity at Daphne keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Memory Care Nurses keep families up to date on any changes with their loved ones.

Describe the neighborhood around The Brennity at Daphne. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential neighborhoods surround the community.

Is The Brennity at Daphne affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Residents that need emergency medical care are transported by ambulance to the closest hospital available.

Costs for The Brennity at Daphne

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: ALF & SCALF
  • State Licenses: 18826, 18825

About The Brennity at Daphne

The Brennity at Daphne Assisted Living is in a residential environment with care close at hand. We offer 24-hour support and 24-hour access to care; however, privacy and independence are encouraged. Our community develops a personalized plan to meet medical needs, while providing the freedom to be independent. The Brennity at Daphne offers convenient dining options, as well as medication management, daily assistance, transportation, and common areas for social and recreational activities.

The Brennity at Daphne memory care program is designed to meet the dynamic needs of families and seniors dealing with Alzheimer's, dementia and other memory-related diseases. We provide a friendly and calming environment for our residents. We closely monitor the current research and methods for treatment of these conditions, implementing practices that best aid our residents.

Our community campus is located on 54 acres. Our staff and residents are held with the utmost dignity and respect. ALL employees truly care about the residents and providing the best care for them.

Map of The Brennity at Daphne