My Parents Paradise

Reviews of My Parents Paradise

Assisted Living Reviews for My Parents Paradise

January 13, 2021

By goldmnr

Both my parents spent time in a "My Parents Paradise" (MPP) facility. As opposed to the large, impersonal and understaffed facilities, the MPP care is given in a private home within a functioning neighborhood. The staff of 2-3 per shift, with less than 10 residents, are well versed on and capable of meeting the various, health, medication, sanitation and personal needs of the residents. The management is well connected with Medicare, prescription, etc, providers. The atmosphere is personal and "homey" rather than institutional, as in the larger facilities. During my parent's time, the cost was significantly more reasonable than was typical.

January 12, 2021

By Sandi Allison

We could not be more happy and reassuring of what great hands my 95 yr old father is in at My Parents Paradise. It has private homes with several separate bedroom/living spaces for each patient. But also living & dining rooms for social engagement and interaction with others. The staff is so open and friendly that anytime we would visit, we could see how special my dad is treated and taken care of so lovingly. It certainly feels like a home and family environment. We also are very pleased with how we can always call with any concerns & receive updates and information. We know how my dad absolute loves the environment he calls home.

January 12, 2021

By Sandie Hammon

I am beyond happy with Parents Paradise. After visiting several different facilities, I absolutely knew this was the place for my mom. I felt so welcomed and knew my mom would love it. I love the one on one they give my mom as she needs it as times . My mom has dementia and I tried to care for her but did not have the resources like Sylvia has provided to assure my mom gets the best care needed . I love this place. I trust them hold heartedly with my mom and if you knew me you would know that means a lot. They truly care and give the best care for all patients. They love what they do and it shows. The rooms are spacious. They do so many activities with the patients to keep them busy . They take them for walks to get them out of the house . They are amazing with communicating with us and explaining things to my mom. They are so patient with everyone. They decorate the house for celebrations and birthdays! The food is homemade. They make their patients feel so good. They go over and beyond . I love my mom and want her to have the best of the best and here I feel she is getting just that . I highly recommend Parents Paradise!

Sandie, Thank you very much for your kind words, we love your mom and she is part of our My Parents Paradise family. Sylvia Gladkowska My Parents Paradise "Where Everyone Is Part Of The Family"

Questions about My Parents Paradise

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at My Parents Paradise. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

My Parents Paradise it's an Assisted Living Home which is licensed up to directed level of care up to 10 residents. We have been working with residents which are as young as 50 years up to 103 years young, most residents range is 75-85 years old. Since our residents come from all different backgrounds this make our conversations unique and interesting for all of us and gives our more ideas for different activities, but who does not love to celebrate birthdays, holidays or watch some favorites movies with yummy popcorn. :)

What programs or activities does My Parents Paradise offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At My Parents Paradise we offer daily exercise program, multiple daily activities including:bingo, table games, puzzles, card games, crafts scrabbles and many more. We love to celebrate Birthdays, Anniversaries and special occasions with live music performers chosen by our residents.

What places are near My Parents Paradise or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

My Parents Paradise it's located in residential neighborhood and there is no restaurants or shops within walking distance but we have many beautiful parks, sitting places, green areas for our residents to enjoy when whether permitted.

What transportation services does My Parents Paradise offer to assisted living residents?

If residents require a wheelchair or stretcher transport we can assist with making special arrangements for the transport.

What makes the chef or dining program at My Parents Paradise exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have multiple different menus which we rotate, we LOVE suggestions from the residents and family members. Our menu it's based on 2000 calories diet and low sodium diet. We can accommodate our residents requests and dietary needs.

What safety features or security measures does My Parents Paradise offer to assisted living residents?

My Parents Paradise has to comply with fire department and AZ DHS requirements, which requires fire sprinklers, ADA approved bathrooms, walk-in/roll-in wheelchair showers, as well as grab-bars in the shower and around the toilets. On top of everything above we have hover lift accessible bathrooms and rooms or any other medical equipment, no steps(one level) through the whole facility, no carpet, wheelchair accessible doors, sidewalks outside for daily exercising. Multiple medical alert systems for help in each room, bathroom and other areas used by residents as well as CALL BUTTON which may be worn as a bracelet on the resident wrist, or around the neck as a traditional pendant necklace. Security alarms are installed on every door.

How does My Parents Paradise keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We give our families updates on their loved ones on regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly) via phone/text message or email however they prefer.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at My Parents Paradise during daytime and nighttime hours?

There is at least two certified caregivers during the day time and one during the night time which makes ratio 1:3-4 residents during the day time and 1:8-9 residents during the night time.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

In order to become an employee at My Parents Paradise everyone is require to obtain Caregiver Certificate and CEU's every 12 months from an accredited caregiver training program approved by the Arizona Nursing Board, CPR and First Aid training which has to be renewed annually.

What safety features or security measures does My Parents Paradise provide to protect residents who wander?

Our facility has alarms on each door through the house which helps to protect residents who wander. Some of the doors requires passcode to access. We also have special classes for our caregivers how to work with residents which may wonder.

Costs for My Parents Paradise

Photos of My Parents Paradise

Services and Amenities of My Parents Paradise

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $250

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: AL11597H

About My Parents Paradise

myparentsparadise.com

When living at home is no longer an option for seniors we invite you to consider My Parents Paradise. With a couple of Care Homes to choose from, our goal is to provide a safe, warm home for our residents and a welcoming environment for families. We are committed to enhancing life through shared activities, good food, and celebrations of everyday life.

The success of My Parents Paradise is attributed to our unwavering commitment to our resident and their families. We take a very special approach to assisted living. For our elderly residents, we provide a warm, safe, caring environment where all of the their needs are met. We make sure our resident feel that they are living in a real home, and not in an institution, a nursing home, or a hotel. We provide loving assisted living care, while respecting the individual privacy of our residents. Consequently, because we have loving people in our employment, and because we treat them well in return, our employees stay for many years, providing continuity of quality care for our residents. Several of our current staff members have been with us for over three years, others have stayed with us for as long as six years.

For our residents’ families, we are committed to alleviating the stress and doubt that is always associated with moving an elderly parent from home. The quality of our homes makes it easier for the families to feel that they are doing their best for their elderly parents or relatives, not that they are just “putting them out” of their homes.

When you or a loved one becomes a resident at My Parents Paradise, we welcome you into our extended family. We understand the uncertainties of beginning group home life and we want to encourage you that life does goes on at My Parents Paradise. Our residents repeatedly tell us how happy they are to have experienced our home environ-ment as an alternative to larger institutional care settings. You will discover that our care is highly professional, yet still compassionate and nurture-centered.

Our Services Include:
  • Three home cooked meals per day from a various menu.
  • Between meal nutritious and fresh snacks.
  • Help with dressing, if needed.
  • Help with bathing and personal hygiene.
  • Medication Administration.
  • Fun and entertaining activities and exercise to challenge the mind and promote a healthy body.
  • Daily Laundry
  • Rooms cleaned and beds made every morning.
  • Incontinence Management.
  • Holiday & birthday celebrations
  • Low resident to caregiver ratio
  • Hospice care, if needed.
  • In House RN Visits (Available)
  • On call Physician and Podiatrist
  • Professional Hair and Nails (Available)
  • Available Religious leaders

My Parents Paradise offers the complete care service. We offer over a decade’s worth of professional experience in providing the complete and total care! We take care of every aspect of your loved ones well-being, starting with healthy nutrition, exercise and great medication management. My Parents Paradise provides a non-institutional environment. We invite you to see the difference that My Parents Paradise offers.

Map of My Parents Paradise