Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown Mesa

Assisted Living Reviews for Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown Mesa

June 15, 2017

By krislw

Other

I have had friends and loved ones live (and work) at this Avista community in downtown Mesa. The staff are awesome - such a great team - and they take pride in providing great care. This is an excellent value for the money too!
Thank You krislw for your kind words. I agree with your comments. Speaking for the team at our Mesa location, we take great pride in what we do for our senior residents. We think of our residents and families as our extended family, we care for them from our hearts. We are the community "Where Kindness Counts."

June 10, 2016

By EssyPOPRD

The staff of Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown was very friendly and quite knowledgeable. Since it has memory care, I think it was geared toward a higher level of care, and I’m not looking for that right now. I don’t want to pay for anything that’s associated with that now because I don’t need it.

May 10, 2016

By Jennifer124728450

I visited Avista and the place was excellent. I saw only one apartment and that has been remodelled. It’s a big apartment and it’s lovely. The lady that showed me around was knowledgeable and friendly. It was a very pleasant atmosphere and it’;s a place that I wouldn't mind staying. I looked at their dining room and it was clean. It looked like an old-fashioned restaurant. They do have transportation that takes their residents to the doctors. They do have a medical alert as well as a nurse on duty.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are pleased that you enjoyed you visit to Avista Historic Downtown Mesa. Our staff members take pride in providing a clean and pleasant atmosphere for our residents.

December 02, 2014

By Kenneth14

I found Avista Senior Living for myself. It did take a while for them to sort out my medications correctly. The staff has been very nice. The maintenance crew has been very good in maintaining the things that I use in my apartment. I have an apartment, and it is very clean, nice, and neat. It is also freshly painted. It was better than I expected it to be. The food is pretty good; it's just that the cafeteria needs to be updated, and their kitchen needs to be updated as well.

February 26, 2014

Avista was cheaper than the other places we looked at and at that time my sister thought she was eligible for Medicaid. It was okay but it was far from me. The staff and everyone was very nice. She lived there for three or four years and had no complaints there. She had a one bedroom apartment with a small kitchen and living room area. They have games, musical performers that come in and arts and crafts.

July 18, 2011

By leezee

After 3 months of visiting assisted living facilities every weekend, my mother and I stumbled upon Vita Bella. Literally. We were in downtown Mesa so I could pick up my daughters violin at a music store when we spotted Mesa's Active Adult Recreation center. Vita Bella is right across the street! We both looked at each other like ""wow, that's weird"" and decided to just walk in and check it out. A full green lawn with a lot of flowers, I'm not good with floral names but those long spindly one's that bloom either bright red or bright yellow. Full bushes and trees, a bench right below a shade tree. Very pretty. Of course the area adds to the charm because it is right next to all the community and cultural stuff of Mesa, art museums, music stores, performing arts. My mom has always been an active participant in her community, regardless of where she lives. She has moved over forty times in her life and always finds the best places to be within days of being a newcomer. The rooms are adorable! Also a nice sized rec room, a pool and spa (both heated) and my mother loved, loved how the dining was all day dining. She even said ""Just because it's 8 a.m. it doesn't mean I'm hungry for breakfast."" If she decided she wasn't hungry until 10 a.m. or even noon, the dining room is open. I, personally liked the free wifi. My mom has four children and nine grandchildren. Most, if not all of us do a lot of our communicating through email. It's important to her to keep her computer and then to be able to access the internet for free is a pretty big deal. Full kitchens, all utilities paid! Except phone, but that's okay. My mom really, really liked the rooms. We both liked as we were touring, several residents asked if she was new. Right away people were interested in who the newbie might be. In their brochure they say: Welcome to a beautiful life. I'd have to agree. Very clean apartments. Cool rec room and activities and even best of all, very close proximity to tons of downtown city-like things to do. The biggest hit: the adult center is right across the street.

Costs for Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown Mesa

Photos of Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown Mesa

Services and Amenities of Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown Mesa

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• State Licenses: AL8507C

• About Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown Mesa

Welcome to Avista Senior Living in Historic Downtown Mesa

Nestled in the center of a quiet, tree-lined neighborhood, yet right in the heart of historic downtown Mesa is Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown Mesa. An Assisted Living Homes Mesa directly across the street from the Mesa Active Adult Center and within close walking distance of museums, shops, cafes and all downtown Mesa has to offer Avista Senior Living has a location that can't be beat. But a great location isn't the only reason to choose Avista Senior Living Assisted Living Homes Mesa.

This locally owned and managed retirement community offers an individualized, caring approach for both independent and assisted living. A true sense of family permeates throughout Avista Senior Living. With 92 apartments, the community is small enough so every staff member intimately knows each resident, yet we are also large enough to offer a myriad of services and amenities each day.

Assisted Living

A little assistance goes a long way. Avista offers Assisted Living residents a chance to maintain as much of their independence as possible, while accessing help in the areas they need. Caregivers are available 24/7 to help manage medications, assist with dress and grooming, and to provide companionship and friendship to our residents. We believe in the power and dignity of allowing our residents to do as much for themselves as possible and that is our goal. Our caregivers help to bridge the gaps that may arise with aging while providing in a home like setting. Just like home, our community offers activities and friends to help make each day productive and fun.

Independent Living

Avista Senior Living offers peace of mind for seniors who are able to manage many of their own affairs, but enjoy a social life and the convenience of a caring community. Our apartments are equipped with full kitchens for personal cooking or entertaining, and the dining room is also available for those days when cooking and cleaning up just aren’t appealing. Onsite laundry facilities and housekeeping services are available as well. Independent residents will find all of the comforts of home, as well as the opportunity to make lasting friendships with other residents and staff, when they choose to live at Avista.

Thank you for your interest at Avista Senior Living in Historic Downtown Mesa. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Service is at the core of what we do at Avista Assisted Living Homes. We take great pride in serving our residents, their families, and each other on the staff. We believe that some of life’s greatest satisfaction comes from genuinely serving others. Our communities are staffed with caring and service-oriented professionals who embody this philosophy. From the caregiver staff, to the dining services team, to the facilities maintenance professionals, we are sure that you or your loved ones will be treated with dignity, professionalism, and respect.

Map of Avista Senior Living Historic Downtown Mesa