Van Mall Vancouver, WA

Reviews of Van Mall

Assisted Living Reviews for Van Mall

March 12, 2014

By Kim47

My mother is a current resident of Van Mall. I like their pricing and I like the facility. It isn't too big like some of the others. It has a lot of activities that she is interested in and so that was the one that I chose. The facility has independent and assisted living. Unlike some of the other facilities that just looked huge and really more catered to independent, this one caters to both and they engage in the activities together. It also has a combined eating area as opposed to a different eating area for independent versus dependent. It has a beauty salon. They have activities for people who need more assistance like my mother and for people that need less assistance. This facility has activities in the evening, which is important because often times seniors are lonely at night. It also has performers that come into their activities room. They have birthdays that my mother would get involved in. One thing that they have which I was unable to find anywhere else was that they have the thing called Life Enhancement. It is for individuals that need a little bit more one-on-one with their activities. This is a group of about seven women and they would get together in the morning, they would do light activities, etc. My mother looks forward to that. However, they don't have a two-person assist. When my mother was starting to need that service, as it turned out, they just put some physical therapy in place for her. However, if they would be able to accommodate a two-person assist, maybe the family would be willing to pay that additional cost rather than move their loved one. Regarding the staff and their care, some are more caring than others. I think most of them are in there for the right reason. However, what is really noteworthy is that the administration takes that very seriously. If there is any indication that somebody is being inappropriate or rough, they try to get to the bottom of that with re-training or whatever they need to do, so they're very responsive to the concerns that are raised.

July 30, 2013

I'm very well taken care of from where I am. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. I am at Van Mall retirement and assisted living. These people take loving care of me and I have almost died a couple of times. They take care of me.

Independent Living Reviews for Van Mall

October 12, 2016

By Rosalind130076

Van Mall is the one that I’m considering for my brother. I like the family atmosphere, the good competent staff, and its nice facility. I would give them a 4, but there are some things that they do not include.

August 12, 2016

By Judy073743

We didn't like Van Mall as much as the other place we visited. It didn't have a pool nor a wide range of activities. The rooms were fine.

August 31, 2015

She was at Van Mall for four years. The rooms were good -- nice spacious rooms -- and the staff for the most part was great. The situation with my grandmother was she was on all of their services, and things didn't get done all the time. Yes, I would recommend.

December 10, 2014

By Judith35

Our dad lived in Van Mall Retirement. It was very nice and beautiful. The food is great, and they have lots of activities like watching movies. They were wonderful and very helpful. My dad is pretty happy and satisfied there. The place is very well kept, and it is nice place to be.

December 06, 2014

Van Mall is a fabulous community. The staff would bend their backs to do anything; they are great. They are very caring, and they know my step-mom's first name, who she is, and where she belongs. We have eaten there several times, and it's great. Their dining room is like a restaurant. Their menu changes daily, weekly, or monthly. She has an apartment, and it is beautiful. They do have all kinds of activities -- anything from going to the symphony to gong to the mall to shop. My stepmother has early Alzheimer's, and she is in a specific group aimed at activities for her needs. There are four other ladies in that group, they have one staff member who does memory exercises, and that kind of thing with them. She spends at least two hours a day at that group, and it's wonderful.

Photos of Van Mall

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance
  • Meal Preparation

• Licenses: Boarding home

About Van Mall

Van Mall is a senior housing facility that offers luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community. They are managed by Leisure Care, who has been in the industry for over 30 years. Van Mall is proud to offer guests services that are second to none, with an emphasis on quality and choice. Residents have their own private apartments, which they can fill with their own treasured belongings. There are also two beautifully appointed dining rooms where residents can meet new friends or entertain family members, with meals prepared by their very own chef. There are plenty of social activities to choose from, including art classes, fitness programs and travel excursions. Residents will be close to Vancouver Mall, movie theaters, outside dining and major freeways, as well as downtown Portland so they can take advantage of all that each city has to offer. In addition to this amazing location, there is 24-hour staff available and emergency communication systems for every apartment. If assistance is needed, Van Mall offers assisted living services that can be started at any time, making it possible for seniors live life on their terms.

Map of Van Mall